GunMedia_Ben

Single player news + DLC roadmap

325 posts in this topic

Hey all! Today we're going to reveal a bit more up our skirts here at Gun Media and IllFonic about our actual DLC plans for the game, beyond what you've already been informed. While dates are tentative, this should give you all an idea of what is currently in the works/on the docket for Friday the 13th: The Game at this time. 

yYSlDV5.jpg

We have some news from IllFonic for you regarding timelines and single player: 

Hey everyone,

I know we have been pretty quiet in terms of the Xbox not getting patches or being delayed but it is really because there happens to be no good answer we can give the community that fixes the problem with delays. The reality is that, as of right now, the cert process on Xbox takes the longest of the platforms and if something happens it starts the process over again.

Here is a timeline of the last month and where we are now...

Through most of August we were dealing with the Memory Leak issue that was causing Xbox players to crash consistently. It took weeks to track down the issue and took a majority of our engineering resources. We also got engineering support from outside sources as well. By mid-end of August we were able to go into cert with the memory leak fixed but ended up failing because of lobby issues and a few other crashes/stability. While it was far more stable that the July patch, the right call was to fix the issues. At the end of August we released the patch that is currently live on Xbox. We got a ton of great feedback and were able to resolve a number of bugs quickly which we were then able to roll out on PS4 and PC but ended up getting blocked on Xbox. 

I know you are not going to like this answer but the patch was blocked by the Disc Build that was going through cert. Aside from time, for Xbox, we can only have one thing in cert at a time so we had to wait for it to clear. Disc cert was a little different as well, we had to first submit the exclusive DLC content in one cert and then the disc version that had the game and DLC as a bundle in a subsequent cert. There were no failures in cert but we did bottleneck ourselves with multiple back-to-back certifications for a couple of weeks.

So as of today, we are clear and finalizing the next patch internally which I posted about here along with a couple of notes on issues we have addressed: http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/10636-state-of-the-camp-sept-7th-2017/

Again, there is nothing we can do about the cert process but right now we are moving forward with bug fixing rolling at ASAP on any platform but new content coming out together on all three platforms. This is still tough to do but this is what we are going to attempt.

That being said;

Let’s talk about single player. Currently we are behind on the Summer date. There are number of reasons why this is, but it all boils down to making sure we are not releasing new content while still having issues with the core game. There were a number of issues we needed to address with the games stability prior to committing additional resources to making Single Player happen. We now feel we have turned that corner and have doubled down on Single Player to try and catch up.

We have hired additional people, are working with contractors and even diverted others working on other tasks to help. We have also decided to take a look at Single Player and we are breaking it into a number of different experiences that can be released independent of one another. This way as soon as one thing is done we can launch it without having to wait on everything else.

I also want to address the misconception that certain content we launch affects single player. It doesn't. An artist working on outfits is not the same person that is programming AI. The designer setting up scripted events for single player is not making the new Jason models. What does impact Single Player are the bugs and stability issues; that AI programmer may have to shift to fixing a bug occasionally. The designer may have to shift to fix balance or gameplay bugs on maps. This is why we are delayed. We made the decision to fix rather than add new stuff which again, is what caused the delay.

-Gertz

49 people like this

Just in time! Gotta go fast!

REAL edit: I wasn't expecting that you would reveal your future plans for the game to us, @GunMedia_Ben. That is very kind of your part!

And I didn't expect things to be added so fast either. I hope you and the others succeed! :D

Edited by NoOneK9503
Serious comment this time :)

I understand, but it's so hard to not be completely disappointed right now.... Guess it'll be even longer before I play this game again. 

8 people like this

Makes sense. Thank you for the frank update and useful roadmap graphic. Good luck squishing bugs and getting through XB cert!

2 people like this

So.. single player coming early 2018?

God damnit.

Appreciate the road map for what's expected to come though.

2 people like this

Forget the delay post I said was gonna happen and que the pumpkin and snowflake graphics to take the brunt of pissed off f13 nation!!! UNREAL! F'nLOL?

Not gonna lie, it's a tad disappointing it's taken this long for us to be given an update on singleplayer.

5 people like this

So stuff is delayed wait till the last minute to tell people, no one is shocked,

Oh sorry xbox users, you are effed, but we have you money already, we want that new disc player money. there is no way you can spin it, thats the bottom line and the truth. the game is still broken as hell, and no fix is coming soon. you took weeks in august to find the memory that you know about before launch. what a freaking joke.

3 people like this

@GunMedia_Ben While they're not actual release dates, I do appreciate the attempt to better clarify on "soon" while not committing to actual dates with this road map.

Is it safe to assume that some things will come together? Like the Spring Break DLC and emotes (not actually, just an example)?

Additionally, a lot of people have been asking and it seems like the question is being overlooked, but will outfits be mix-n-match-able? Like can Tiffany wear the bikini top with her OG short-shorts? It seems there's a lot of confusion on this and we'd love clarity.

According to Wes on Twitter, single player encompasses the Virtual Cabin, Offline Bots, and Challenges. So we will be getting parts of the SP experience just after Halloween.

snip.PNG

5 people like this

So many new counselors jesus im impressed, but  to be honest. I was really hoping to see a "pamela killer" circle appear somewhere :D Well dreams being dreams i guess.

2 people like this

So, offline bots somewere after Halloween & Singleplayer sometime after Christmas? 

IMG_20170916_004453.jpg

Wow I wasn't expecting all of that, I'm glad to see that we're getting new content before Halloween.?

1 person likes this

Just now, Yobo1987 said:

So, offline bots somewere after Halloween & Singleplayer sometime after Christmas? 

IMG_20170916_004453.jpg

Technically speaking, the Virtual Cabin 2.0 and Offline Bots are forms of Single Player. Maybe not what was expected, but still forms of it!

Personally the single player delay doesn't bother me and I'm glad to see that there's a decent amount of stuff supposed to be here by Halloween I just wish (and I know that it's difficult to predict) we had more than "coming soon" to go on.....

Just now, BoxingRouge said:

Wow I wasn't expecting all of that, I'm glad to see that we're getting new content before Halloween.?

I honestly only expected the clothing and new jason + map. but also getting new clothes, kills and counselors in october is super amazing :) 

1 person likes this

Also more teases to distract you that aren't getting what they said you would on time or soon™, and the game is still broken. classic look at the left hand so you dont see what the right is doing

2 people like this

I really hope that the costume packs aren't a measly 2-3 skins per counselor, like I'm hoping more 5-6 per counselor.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@lHeartBreakerl, you have 2 comments saying the same thing. Try to report  your second one.

I didn't even notice. Thanks for the heads up.

3 minutes ago, Muffinsfressnapf said:

I honestly only expected the clothing and new jason + map. but also getting new clothes, kills and counselors in october is super amazing :) 

If all goes as planned. Nothings set in stone so try not to get your hopes up.

I hate to be that guy. But making a deadline is something I've yet to see from Gun.

3 people like this

Wes has some bootys to craft for 2 lots of new counselors

I'm guessing we get Manhattan during "Fall" and Jason X/Grendel Map/Single Player "Early 2018."

2 minutes ago, 2moar said:

Also more teases to distract you that aren't getting what they said you would on time or soon™, and the game is still broken. classic look at the left hand so you dont see what the right is doing

Not so much misdirection, I feel they laid everything on the table. Maybe it's more like they didn't meet the time frame they wanted to. At least there is s general schedule of content to come and the patch should help the broken aspects. We shall see.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

If all goes as planned. Nothings set in stone so try not to get your hopes up.

I hate to be that guy. But making a deadline is something I've yet to see from Gun.

Since the full SP release has now officially been delayed with the image, I'm not tooo afraid. But we never know, you're right.

1 person likes this