I ❤️ A.J.

I'm done playing as Jason

113 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Thanks. I agree, I welcome a challenge as much as anyone. Win or lose, I'm in it for the fun. However - and I think others would agree - it's how ineffective Jason can be against skilled counselors which is the frustrating part. Especially since the premise of the game is that the match is supposed to be in his favour. It's difficult to believe that though when you see just how bad a Jason player can be bullied in matches now, and all of their counter efforts made into a joke. 

When you regularly see players sticking around just to keep Jason perpetually stun locked for amusement, or even killing him on a regular basis, it makes you wonder whether he is as OP as the design intended. Against bugs, exploitative tactics, lack of fluidity in gameplay, shortsighted design choices and even poorer design changes, I do think he is lagging behind now.

When I hear several people on mic before the game starts and I get Jason on a small map I get ready for disappointment.  It can be a real challenge to get through a match without being teabagged by at least one or two giggling teenagers who know they have so much gear you're not going to be able to kill them before they breezily escape.  Sometimes just getting five or six feels like you had to work your hockey mask off for it.

On 14/9/2017 at 10:04 AM, OohNavySeals said:

I think my biggest nightmare when playing as Jason has to be this one Vanessa player, I got lucky and took everyone else fairly quickly but spent 12 minutes chasing this one and failed. I think she must have gathered every object from every cabin and stored it in the path she was planning to go. 4 Pen Knives, 2 fire crackers, 2 first aid sprays and 2 flare guns later and she got away. 

Part of me was raging, the other part applauded the effort it must have took to set that lot up!

Hello, do you remember his ID? Could it be "Vanessa-jones93"? :)

8 hours ago, Hancove said:

Hello, do you remember his ID? Could it be "Vanessa-jones93"? :)

It might have been, I can't remember the name now through the red haze of madness after yet another pocket knife lol, I got outclassed completely. The other counsellors practically lined up to die, maybe giving me pity kills!

18 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

You need only to look at how the game has been promoted vs how it actually plays, to see that there is something wrong. I will use the small maps as an example - "40% smaller, 100% deadlier". But are they actually 100% deadlier? Or are you more likely to find counselors escaping far more efficiently, and Jason having a much harder time picking them off and controlling objectives? It seems to me the counselors aren't the ones with the higher stakes here, and that extends to the large maps too. 

Not 100% related to this topic, but I feel like the smaller maps should have less means of escape... Maybe no phone and two vehicles, or maybe the phone and only one vehicle? Something. Because as it stands, they're not deadlier at all. I feel like I complete the game quicker. I do enjoy the layout of the small maps though, it's refreshing, just wish they were more difficult.

The "issue" (for the lack of a better word) is that people are getting better at playing the game now. So you either step up your game as Jason or do what you're doing and switch to counselor preference. I'm not sure what you expect them to do about your inability to get better as Jason. I'm not going to bullshit you and say "I get full wipes everytime" because that simply isn't true, but I have the understanding I was just outplayed by people who know what they're doing.

Sometimes I get a legit adrenaline rush when playing as a councilor.  I guess it's the whole fight-or-flight thing.  That doesn't happen with me as Jason; playing as him just feels tedious.

So, I switched my spawn to councilors a few months ago, and haven't played as Jason in since.  I recently unlocked Part 9 and haven't even played as him.

6 hours ago, Tiffany said:

Not 100% related to this topic, but I feel like the smaller maps should have less means of escape... Maybe no phone and two vehicles, or maybe the phone and only one vehicle? Something. Because as it stands, they're not deadlier at all. I feel like I complete the game quicker. I do enjoy the layout of the small maps though, it's refreshing, just wish they were more difficult.

On the contrary I think it's totally related to the topic. Your experience of completing the match quicker seems to be the norm, so I agree that small maps require adjustment of some kind. I also really enjoy the layout of small maps, to the point that I think they're potentially better than the default maps. But I do think they need to relieve pressure off the Jason player, through whatever solution, and place it on the counselor side instead - as it should be. Currently it's in reverse.

I also think that in addition to fixing bugs, the devs really need to take a close look at the findings of advanced players and their tactics. I'm not sure if they have any idea right now just how consistently top players can run a train over Jason and nullify his efforts. I'm not sure how many people here even know or have experienced the kind of gameplay I'm talking about, as it's not commonplace...yet. But I think it will be in time. 

On 9/14/2017 at 2:16 AM, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Playing as Jason is no longer fun for me.  I can't remember the last time I killed all of the counselor's.  It's probably been a month.  Now, I'm lucky to get half of the counselor's.

Most games I kill about 3 out of 7 or 8.  I'm okay with 1 maybe 2 escaping, but when I kill less than half the counselor's, that's just not acceptable in my eyes.

It's becoming more and more frustrating every time.  I feel this immense amount of pressure to perform as a "good" Jason and it's just too much.

For the first time since I started playing this game, I'm setting my spawn preference to counselor.  My last 2 games, I was a counselor and I escaped both times.  Had much more fun both times than I've had as Jason in weeks.

As someone who plays as a counselor and jason ive notice that all jasons are slipping up. I feel that since some conserlers know u have problem braking doors now and some misplaced traps can be avoided they get less worried about death. So they do stuff better. Itll be fixed soon

I always set as random, and I swear it selects part 7 Jason a majority of the time. But I have noticed two truths, regardless of which Jason, since the update -- slaughtering 8/8 is way harder (poor spawning, poor teamwork notwithstanding), and escaping as a counselor is way easier. 

Witnessing Jasons who get 8/8 are usually the players who pre-select as either part 2, 6, or Savini. 

After the last update, playing as Jason is just not fun anymore. What with the windows now nerfed, so longer weapon reach with Part 6 and Savini means jack anymore. Now, I have to use throwing knives when they leap through the window, but by the time I break down the door, and come inside. They have healed themselves and are running straight for another cabin. 

In conclusion, my spawn preference is now counselor.