Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Theiceman105

Should Tommy start with a pocket knife?

38 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Zarakye94 said:

In a Mr Bean mini cooper with a recliner chair straped to the roof, and every time Jason is stunned around it there is a laugh track. Tommy should also spawn with a Thanksgiving turkey on his head he can use to stun Jason with.

Lachappa shouldn't be allowed to be grabbed due to being fat

mojitodominic likes this

If Tommy is coming into a match due to player death, the player would do well to make their way back to their body and retrieve items of value.  If the player is returning from a survivor, then he just needs to hit the beach and stock up.  Already coming in with a shotgun, radio, and map is more than enough to get things started.

mojitodominic likes this

No, Tommy is already strong enough and starts with a SHOTGUN.

Devs should just make it so he doesn't actually appear on the map in-game until his animation ends, and/or make more possible spawn points.

As a reward for sticking around, it makes sense that he not be made to rely solely on the shotgun he starts with, especially as the choke on the shotgun is set up for distance effect and is pitiful spread at close range. 

I think if he's prepared, and lives in rural area (obviously) one pocket knife is both logical and makes sense.  Or a random chance for something (pocket knife, med spray) i.e. things he would have readily available at home.  He's going AFTER Jason fwiw. 

No, he usually misses with shotgun and then turns into another running soon-to-be-victim and/or as he has no items the Tommy players runs straight for any available means to exit. 

If the shotgun behaved as one, I'd withdraw this, but if you shoot at Jason in a doorway and 20' (behind couch) and he moves a little to right or left to dodge, then the spread of the shotgun is awful. 

"If Tommy is coming into a match due to player death, the player would do well to make their way back to their body and retrieve items of value.  If the player is returning from a survivor, then he just needs to hit the beach and stock up.  Already coming in with a shotgun, radio, and map is more than enough to get things started. "

It is VERY rare to have the time to leisurely stroll along the shore for possible items unless you spawn there. 

On 9/14/2017 at 0:49 AM, Theiceman105 said:

I get he has 10 in all stats, but usually when Tommy is called all of the houses are clean, and nobody will give up a pocket knife 90% of the time. It will help you be able to do your job which is helping people escape.

Most Tommy Jarvis players I see are dead within a minute or less, all im going to say

I agree but Tommy players dying within a minute or less has less to do with pocket knives and more to do with inexperience.

You didn't happen to read a comment I wrote concerning this the other day did you? I've been considering making a thread on this specific topic.

4 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

No, Tommy is already strong enough and starts with a SHOTGUN.

Devs should just make it so he doesn't actually appear on the map in-game until his animation ends, and/or make more possible spawn points.

I'd have to disagree. I don't think Tommy is strong enough with a one bullet shotgun. It's hard to protect a group of counselors if that's the only thing he has at his disposal and puts players in a position in which they can't take risks out of the fear of being grabbed.

3 hours ago, 1st2Die said:

I agree but Tommy players dying within a minute or less has less to do with pocket knives and more to do with inexperience.

You didn't happen to read a comment I wrote concerning this the other day did you? I've been considering making a thread on this specific topic.

I'd have to disagree. I don't think Tommy is strong enough with a one bullet shotgun. It's hard to protect a group of counselors if that's the only thing he has at his disposal and puts players in a position in which they can't take risks out of the fear of being grabbed.

It's not the only thing he has at his disposal. He also has max stats and if you aren't completely inept you can run Jason around as well if not better than any counselor. He doesn't need a buff any more than any other counselor does. Jason is already at a bit of a disadvantage against good players as is, so I don't see a need to give Tommy a knife.

mojitodominic likes this

1 hour ago, DEATH said:

It's not the only thing he has at his disposal. He also has max stats and if you aren't completely inept you can run Jason around as well if not better than any counselor. He doesn't need a buff any more than any other counselor does. Jason is already at a bit of a disadvantage against good players as is, so I don't see a need to give Tommy a knife.

Regardless of what counselor you use, there are certain things you're least likely to do because you don't have a knife even with Tommy. If Tommy is to be the savior the devs want him to be, he shouldn't be easily taken out by a shift grab.

A double barrel shotgun with two shots would be nice. But spawning in with a pocket knife is just going to make me chop him up. I know he has it so........chop, chop. Firecrackers on the other hand I wouldn't mind either. More stuns would be ok. 

In my opinion, he needs to make the Jason player go "ugh, AAAARRGH, they called Tommy!" Like, make the Jason fear having Tommy called in.

His shotgun def needs at least 2-3 shots (like a super shotgun) and stocked with random items. To balance this, they simply need to make calling him in slightly more difficult.

Wouldn't mind seeing him start with a walkie talkie and any (but not all) of the following:

- Whatever the player who gets him was holding when killed/escaping

- Phone fuse or car keys or boat part, whichever hasn't been activated yet

On 9/14/2017 at 2:06 AM, TheButtonMasher said:

There should be a 33% chance of a pocket knife, a 33% chance of healing spray and a 34% chance of fire crackers.

This sounds reasonable. Tommy might end up with multiple knives or none at all. Either way he'd not have to look in already scavenged drawers to find gear.  A Tommy who rushes to Jason currently gets off one shot and then has to run off or die. Either way, it's meh..