Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dkop27

I'm a little scared for this game.

69 posts in this topic

I have to admit the inconsistencies are grinding on me now from the Jason not dropping people when being hit, the weapon occasionally going through him, the way killing him can bug out a million different ways which then leaves some Jason to be like hahaha you couldn't kill me when a button prompts not show up for Tommy or they shifted just as you use the jumper/sweater and they end up stunned by it miles away.

Or he grabbed Tommy and 3 or 4 people hit him but he doesn't drop him I'm rambling but like I said it's to inconsistent for its own good now.....

1 person likes this

Quick question? I see that on steam the average daily numbers are around 1,200 players. What are the daily numbers for PS4 and Xbox 1?

On 9/17/2017 at 4:28 PM, Dandan10 said:

I have to admit the inconsistencies are grinding on me now from the Jason not dropping people when being hit, the weapon occasionally going through him, the way killing him can bug out a million different ways which then leaves some Jason to be like hahaha you couldn't kill me when a button prompts not show up for Tommy or they shifted just as you use the jumper/sweater and they end up stunned by it miles away.

Or he grabbed Tommy and 3 or 4 people hit him but he doesn't drop him I'm rambling but like I said it's to inconsistent for its own good now.....

Same for if you're Jason, too. The way windows work now, especially with counselors being completely invulnerable to damage while using them, hurts Jason a lot. Then you have multiple counselors not taking damage if you swing at a group, sometimes double the stun time, stun locking, doors not taking damage properly, breaking generators putting you into a longer than normal animation, there's things going against both counselors and Jason. Hopefully a post-hot"fix" fix comes out soon, but who the hell knows. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote

On 2017-09-18 at 7:38 AM, humerabi said:

Quick question? I see that on steam the average daily numbers are around 1,200 players. What are the daily numbers for PS4 and Xbox 1?

I don't think PS4 and Xbox share those numbers, but I suspect it's doing much better on PS4 than the other 2 platforms.

on PS4 it's frequently the top 10 streams. Although recently it slipped to around top 20-30 range. Probably because of Destiny 2 was released,and dead by daylight was free last weekend.

I'm impressed that it's managed to hang onto over 1k players. Once the issues are fixed and there's more content the numbers should start going up, or even once it's on sale. The player numbers might not be impressive, but then you look at Lawbreaker's numbers and realize that 1-2k players isn't bad at all. 

I take it with a grain of salt. A week or two ago it was at 3,000. Some of those games that have a lot more players are just absolutely shitty games, so number of player does not equal quality, either. The only thing to really compare it to is DbD, and that just had a free weekend.

Quick matches still take seconds to form and get going, whether I'm playing in the afternoon on my break, or in the evenings after work. I don't see the same people over and over. Until that changes I won't worry too much about the number of active players. I think if they were to cut the game's price in half and have a free weekend right now you'd see something closer to DbD numbers. Or release new content to get oldies to come back. Most are at the end of the unlock spectrum, and don't feel motivated to come back and grind.

17 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

I take it with a grain of salt. A week or two ago it was at 3,000. Some of those games that have a lot more players are just absolutely shitty games, so number of player does not equal quality, either. The only thing to really compare it to is DbD, and that just had a free weekend.

Quick matches still take seconds to form and get going, whether I'm playing in the afternoon on my break, or in the evenings after work. I don't see the same people over and over. Until that changes I won't worry too much about the number of active players. I think if they were to cut the game's price in half and have a free weekend right now you'd see something closer to DbD numbers. Or release new content to get oldies to come back. Most are at the end of the unlock spectrum, and don't feel motivated to come back and grind.

The peak players for Friday the 13th hasn't been above 3,000 since July: http://steamcharts.com/app/438740, the Steam playerbase has been steadily trending down since June.

Dead by Daylight has been gaining players since May: http://steamcharts.com/app/381210 with the peak players being above 20,000 each month since May.

1 person likes this

I think there are several reasons for the lack of players.

1, already known, several bugs and the last hot fix broke more than helped. Everyone wants to be a counselor now that Jason is broken. 

2. It's the time of year when all the sports games get released and people want to try those out for a month or two. 

3. Waiting on new content. Has anything been released since NES Jason? Just small maps which have been met with mixed reviews. This game does seem repetitive with only one mode. Single player will help, but since we are looking at 2018 for that, let's not talk about it. Hopefully new Jason,  we big map, new counselors and a good patch will bring some back. 

4. What's the point after 101? I could keep playing to get my 1000 Jason matches played achievement, but since I am only 36% of 500, i figure they made a pointless achievement there. They need to implement a prestige system.

5. Dead by Daylight just had s free play weekend on XB1. Lot of people are talking about that and it's different. 

6. It's time when other big games are going to start dropping for the holidays. Why keep playing the same broken game when your friends are already playing something else?

This game won't ever "die." Instead as someone else mentioned, it will have a small cult following. Same thing will happen to DbD.  I love this game too and will be 1 of 10,000 people that continue to play it. Right now though, I need something else, so until new content comes out, I am going to play around a bit. It's not that I don't love you Friday, it's that we have become stagnant since you became broken. Your hair looks nice. I hope you are holding up well. We will grt back together in around time of the new patch. Fool around a bit, see how you feel. Mwah. Miss you baby girl. Stay golden.

1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

The peak players for Friday the 13th hasn't been above 3,000 since July: http://steamcharts.com/app/438740, the Steam playerbase has been steadily trending down since June.

Dead by Daylight has been gaining players since May: http://steamcharts.com/app/381210 with the peak players being above 20,000 each month since May.

Steamcharts hasn't been accurate since 2015.

I saw it over 3,000 on this page with my own eyes.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

And again, I won't really give two shits until it affects my ability to find matches in under a minute.

1 person likes this

Honestly all I really want is a few main things:

1. Fix major bugs (windows, doors being easier to break, jason getting hit to the moon after grabbing someone in the car, etc)

2. DLC Spring Break + Emotes

3. New Map and Jason

That right there would keep me happy for a few months. I really hope the developers deliver this next patch...most of us have been very patient and understanding and if they deliver on this new patch many people will return to the game.

1 person likes this

Prestige system for sure would be a good thing. I see so many 101s.

16 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

Steamcharts hasn't been accurate since 2015.

I saw it over 3,000 on this page with my own eyes.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

And again, I won't really give two shits until it affects my ability to find matches in under a minute.

No offense but I don't trust your eyes. ;) Even courts are putting less emphasis on eye witness testimony. Show me a pic or a link and I'll believe you. :)

2 people like this

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

No offense but I don't trust your eyes. ;) Even courts are putting less emphasis on eye witness testimony. Show me a pic or a link and I'll believe you. :)

No offence, but I couldn't care less what you trust or don't trust. Nobody trusts Steamcharts because it is known to be wildly inaccurate. You can be in a game that shows player count, and Steamcharts will show a completely different number. The method it uses to pull it's data is outdated and useless. You could have posted a spreadsheet you made with random digits in it, and it would be just as valid.

This was just taken. You can see it's off 20,000-100,000 is some cases.

https://imgur.com/GVIeyac

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

No offence, but I couldn't care less what you trust or don't trust. Nobody trusts Steamcharts because it is known to be wildly inaccurate. You can be in a game that shows player count, and Steamcharts will show a completely different number. The method it uses to pull it's data is outdated and useless. You could have posted a spreadsheet you made with random digits in it, and it would be just as valid.

This was just taken. You can see it's off 20,000-100,000 is some cases.

https://imgur.com/GVIeyac

You cared enough to share a pic. ;) Thanks.

36 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

You cared enough to share a pic. ;) Thanks.

Me taking 30 seconds out of my life to show the forum I am not just talking out of my ass does not equate to caring about your opinion. I think you know that, though. ;)

I am much more concerned about the random casual forum-goer that might pop into this topic and see your bullshit statement, and worry that the game might actually be "dying". 

12 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

Me taking 30 seconds out of my life to show the forum I am not just talking out of my ass does not equate to caring about your opinion. I think you know that, though. ;)

I am much more concerned about the random casual forum-goer that might pop into this topic and see your bullshit statement, and worry that the game might actually be "dying". 

I'll cherish those 30 seconds. ;)

image.png

13 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'll cherish those 30 seconds. ;)

Sounds like my wife.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, SDA said:

Sounds like my wife.

2 people like this

Got the new update downloaded, go to play the game so i can see what's new, 40 minutes to join a match then when I get on a decent server with players I ended up being Jason, it's laggy as hell with awful framerate all over the place, get near two counselors who are doing emotes constantly,  game crashed

Something I noticed is that Jason can break doors in two swings, I don't know if this was a thing or what but that's the only thing I noticed, I haven't played the game in a while after the hotfix. It wouldn't surprise me if this game died in months after all the new content has been released, just hope that by that time it's a 100% working game, giving me no issues