Theiceman105

Jason is broken due to bugs

32 posts in this topic

I do think his hit box can be a bit funky but I've honestly encountered more issues with hitting counselors as Jason.  I feel like before you were able to hit someone as they were getting in a car door and cancel the action similar to windows.  Maybe the car part was never intentional but I feel like when someone is crouched repairing something and Jason wiffs on multiple shots something is not registering properly.  Also just a thought sometimes it might not be a hit detection issue but a lag/connection/ping situation. 

In regards to the baseball bat, it's been tested repeatedly by Rydog himself that the baseball bat is a guarenteed stun so long as you hit Jason outside of stun invulnerability frame rates. For instance, if you hit Jason while he's walking, it should stun him, but if you hit say immediately after he just got out of a stun, then the bat will not stun him (and it will count as a hit towards the bat's durability). There are other times when Jason has stun invulnerability for a moment, such as destroying a door using the door destruction buttom prompt (he does a short walk-through animation after it's destroyed), and when he grabs a counselor (until he finishes the grab animation, and is able to walk around carrying the victim, he has stun invulnerability).I might've missed others, but these are the instances I know of.

I don't religiously treat everything Rydog says about the game as fact, but he did a thorough test on this already which can be repeated. The only reason I can think of as to why the stun chance might not be 100% is if you use the slugger perk as well as friendship perk since they both reduce stun chance, but even then it's not much of a stun chance reduction to the bat even if you have maxed negative values on their stun chance reduction (which would bring the baseball bat to 90% stun chance if you used both perks with maxed negative values). And this is only a theory; it's very possible I could be wrong and the bat is a guarenteed stun if you hit Jason outside of stun invulnerability frames rates no matter what.

I'm not sure what all the arguments in the replies are,but yes Jason's grab range has been broken since release and the bat is a 100% Stun rate but after the update the hit detection got worse than before so what you said could be that as I have experienced it multiple times.

7 hours ago, Fasthandz said:

You're such a fan girl it's obvious 

to say the game is perfect with no flaws , you're insane. The hit detection is broken

Where did I state the game had no flaws? and where did I state it was 100% perfect? obviously a kid with poor manners.

@JPops sorry for bothering but we have another kid trying to provoke others by calling them a fan girl for no obvious reasons.

@Fasthandz Please take a moment to review the forum rules. It is asked that you keep discussions civil. While you are allowed to disagree please do so respectfully. Also make an introduction thread as well to introduce yourself. Thanks.

I always use Chad now after changing up from a few different counselors and with the exception of the bat going completely through his body(which isn't an instance of his stun resistance) I literally had a 100% success rate of him being stunned after connecting with the bat.....it's way different now after this patch came out.

Jason is supposed to be unstoppable, the fact you seem to think every hit should stun him is laughable however chances of stunning him also come down to the character you're using. Perhaps come up with a better strategy to surviving because trying to go toe to toe is rarely a good idea.