Gertz

Rain!

73 posts in this topic

I was kind of thinking on a sort of new DLC Clothing Pack, much like the Spring Break DLC, but instead of swimwear, it could be raincoat patterns for each counselor. But, I'm just happy that rain FX will be making games a bit more "Atomospheric."

BoxingRouge and Barbara Ann like this

Thanks Gertz for the information!

But i am HOPING this system is a "Toggle" system for the hosts and for story mode.....

Just now, DeadManJoe said:

Will Jason be able to follow footprints in the mud? Will counselors leave muddy/wet prints in cabins?

Good concept to add!

ohhhhh yea!!! why not make different versions of the game... pc should obviously be the less held back while console version be what they will be... just like its always been..

This looks very intense and exciting, I feel it will really ramp up the fear factor when storms become a thing in maps. It'd be cool if they were random occurences much like they are in real life. Also with rain coming, it'd be cool to see things like more intense fog down the road as well. :) Keep it up, guys! 

10 hours ago, Gertz said:

This allowed the art team to really start dialing the art in. Adding more wind to the trees, working with Angelo, our VFX artist, to dial in the look of the rain, cranking up the gloss maps on certain textures such as cabins and terrain textures, and even adding a wet look to the characters clothing.

Pleased to hear that, especially how it affects the look of the counselors' clothing. Them remaining bone dry in a rain shower wouldn't kill the deal or anything but that they are affected by it is a really better outcome.

Is the current thinking for this to be a selectable option, random chance or specific rain versions of maps?

7 hours ago, Apollyon said:

ohhhhh yea!!! why not make different versions of the game... pc should obviously be the less held back while console version be what they will be... just like its always been..

Generally speaking, PC's get access to higher res resources based on system spec. If you mean including features not present in the console version, that's a completely different development fork, needing a second team.

Don't get me wrong, because I am actually looking forward to seeing rain implemented into the game. I wasn't terribly affected by the recent drop in performance, but there are many players that were. And they certainly have a need to be concerned. You say, "People felt since the game is already pretty system intensive..." But it wasn't that bad until the last patch. I am glad to see that you have spotted these issues and are making good strides with getting performance up. But you also say "We hope to have this all resolved by the time rain launches." Which is also highly concerning. This leads me to believe that you may still release rain and all the other stuff (ie: textures, wind to trees and lightning, etc) even if you have not worked out all the issues with the recent dive in performance. I feel it would be an extremely bad idea to release the rain until all the issues with the drop in performance are dealt with and there is significant improvement. I sincerely hope that you can get the issues worked out before you release the rain. With all that said, I would still much rather see more game-breaking bug fixes implemented long before rain and possibly more bugs and lower performance are added.

2moar likes this

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

If we get rain I wounder if we'll see a river of blood? 

Ask and you shall receive. So let it be written. So let it be done!

egipatski-vra%C4%8Dari.png

Time to escape without the boat.

bgg7q.gif

1.gif

Ghostboy20 likes this

3 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

1.gif

Well either Goku is awake, or Moses has brought the Jews. Either way, my pantry isn't big enough. 

Awesome! I cannot wait for this feature to come out! Good job, @Gertz and F13 staff!

Now it just lacks matches set in daytime *Insert whining comments saying that in-daytime matches would take out the tension of the game* Well, there were kills done during daytime in the movies. So, why not?

44 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Awesome! I cannot wait for this feature to come out! Good job, @Gertz and F13 staff!

Now it just lacks matches set in daytime *Insert whining comments saying that in-daytime matches would take out the tension of the game* Well, there were kills done during daytime in the movies. So, why not?

Knocking out the power would become pointless. Fear would be impacted as a game mechanic, so in turn Sense would be as well, and any Perks related to them.  It is not that daytime maps aren't possible, they are, but the play balance would be significantly impacted because of how the game is designed.

SolidusPrime likes this

8 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Knocking out the power would become pointless. Fear would be impacted as a game mechanic, so in turn Sense would be as well, and any Perks related to them.  It is not that daytime maps aren't possible, they are, but the play balance would be significantly impacted because of how the game is designed.

I would disagree with you on the knocking the power out. I've had the power cut out during the day and I've became scared, so I wouldn't see this as an issue. I mean your home alone, your watching tv and then the power goes out? Wouldn't you kinda be scared? 

NoOneK9503 likes this

12 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Knocking out the power would become pointless. Fear would be impacted as a game mechanic, so in turn Sense would be as well, and any Perks related to them.

I disagree. @Ghostboy20 said it well about knocking the power off. And Fear would not be affected that much. Daytime levels would act as a permanent turned-on flashlight. Remember that staying in the darkness for some time without flashlight increases your Fear but it doesn't makes you invisible in Jason's Sense net. About the Night Owl perk, the perk just becomes disabled it if the matches are during the day.

10 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I would disagree with you on the knocking the power out. I've had the power cut out during the day and I've became scared, so I wouldn't see this as an issue. I mean your home alone, your watching tv and then the power goes out? Wouldn't you kinda be scared? 

No... lol, I'd not be scared if I was home alone, watching tv and then the power goes out. :D

I mean, I'd be scared if I saw Jason killing people and then he knocked the power out in my house... but I'd not be hanging out, watching tv.

As he said, the entire game mechanic of fear, darkness, light, would all get screwed up by setting the game during the day. Not saying it should/could never happen, but I don't, for a second, think that is anything they should be working on right now. I don't think the game needs significant alterations to it right now. And I think it'd be best for them to work on getting all the kinks out for a while without drastically changing anything with the base game design - which, taking the game out of the nighttime would do.