Kodiak

Your favourite Jasons ranked by appearance

Jasons based on their appearance   59 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jason (only one) is your definitive favourite for how he looks?

• Part 2 Jason
    • Part 3 Jason
    • Part 6 Jason
    • Part 7 Jason
    • Part 8 Jason
    • Part 9 Jason
    • Savini Jason

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

Heya everyone. There's already threads on people's favourite Jason, but here's something I was a bit curious about. 

If you were to rank all of the playable Jasons from favourite to least favourite based on appearance only (excluding any story/feats from the films and in-game stats and kills), which would you go for? I've also included a poll for each user to pick their definitive favourite. Here's mine.

#1 - Savini Jason. Goes without saying really, I love Savini Jason's appearance.

#2 - Part 7 Jason. Always loved the corroded look of this one and his mask. That big chain around his neck looks awesome too.

#3 - Part 9 Jason. Not totally sure why but I really liked his appearance.

#4 - Part 6 Jason. Another undead one I really like the look of :)

#5 - Part 2 Jason. I quite like how he looks without the bag on his head too.

#6 - Part 3 Jason. I've always found him to be a little bit plain compared to the later iterations of the character.

#7 - Part 8 Jason. Not a big fan of his face without the mask :) 

7,8,6,Savini. The rest in no particular order. I think I'll call them joint last. Part 7 has always been my favourite. Am gutted he's so poor to use in game.

Part 8 is my favourite look, because to me, he's the one that best exemplifies the mythology.

At heart, Jason is a revenant. A spirit of revenge. He's also very specifically a drowning victim, and an object of pity.

Having him be constantly dripping wet to evoke his first death, and when demasked have him look pitiful, and almost sympathetic (as he's just a dead kid at heart) adds to that.

9 is the worst for me. He's just demonic, and designed for scares, and zero pity. 7 is similar in that regard for me. He's just a monster (which of course is a big aspect) and loses a lot of complexity.

PastyMcBalderton likes this

2 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Part 8 is my favourite look, because to me, he's the one that best exemplifies the mythology.

At heart, Jason is a revenant. A spirit of revenge. He's also very specifically a drowning victim, and an object of pity.

Having him be constantly dripping wet to evoke his first death, and when demasked have him look pitiful, and almost sympathetic (as he's just a dead kid at heart) adds to that.

9 is the worst for me. He's just demonic, and designed for scares, and zero pity. 7 is similar in that regard for me. He's just a monster (which of course is a big aspect) and loses a lot of complexity.

Part 9 is just a walking ballbag.

Probably my avatar gives it away but part 2 is my favourite by far.He is is indeed the sackhead but i love this uniqueness and the hockey mask doesnt appeal to me as much as this whole outfit.He is also the coolest looking unmasked Jason imo.My second favourite would be part 6.These movies are my 2 favourite movies (parts) too .Nice poll btw Kodiak.

Kodiak and deathbat96777 like this

I voted for 7. I only had a few Friday the 13th movies on VHS when I was a kid and part 7 was one of them. I used to watch it all the time. I loved the zombie look. :)

12 minutes ago, krttucker2017 said:

Part 3 Jason is THE definitive look for me. Big and tall scary man in a hockey mask with an axe/machete running at you, nothing like it.

This. He doesn't need any other bells and whistles. Simple and scary. Like Michael Myers.

krttucker2017 likes this

I'm not gonna lie, I always have and always will love the look of Part 2 Jason the most. He just looks so intimidating to me for some reason. 

Savini, 7, 8, 6, 2, 3, 9.  

J7 has an outstanding look except, there is just something....something that is off about the hockey mask.  The shape and nose just seem off a bit.  But, the body and face are spot on.  

I didn't see anything that mentions game specific so I'd have to say part IV and with his upcoming addition I'm pretty excited. 

I excluded part 4 because he's not in-game yet :) And yeah I should've mentioned that it's game specific right now, otherwise FvJ Jason would be my favourite.

36 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I excluded part 4 because he's not in-game yet :) And yeah I should've mentioned that it's game specific right now, otherwise FvJ Jason would be my favourite.

You did say "the playable Jasons". I'd take that as game specific.

part 7 because Jason Is A UnDead Walking Giant Guy and he has one of the best masks and best faces and the fact he has the chain is really good

also lol currently part 2 is 13.33% :)

For me it'd be:

1. Savini Jason - Let's be honest, that animated skin and trident is just awesome now.

2. Part 2 Jason - This is classic Jason before he donned his iconic hockey mask, and he looks a lot meaner than his movie counterpart probably because he's modeled after Kane Hodder's physique.

3. Part 6 Jason - This one is like the "Batman" of Jasons, with his hunting gear on and utlitiy belt.

4. Part 7 Jason - This guy is just a beast to look at. It's like he should be falling apart but he just will not do that, and seeing that spine move as he walks is an added nice touch.

5. Part 3 Jason - The first Jason to wear the iconic hockey mask, and a lot more physically imposing than his film counterpart. He is the "Bane" of the Jasons in my opinion, just as strong and menacing.

6. Part 8 Jason - Love the wet outfit, but I dunno, to me he doesn't look as menacing as the others.

7. Part 9 Jason - While I love his look physically, there is just something about him that doesn't make him look as threatening as the others.

Part 7 is without a doubt the coolest looking one.  I always thought he was the scariest too.  His face is just mean looking.  First Kane Hodder Jason too.

I never liked part 9.  His head looks way too fat.  Mask looks stupid the way it's welded to his face.  The whole character design sucks.

My definitive look for Jason Voorhees has to be part 9 Jason. I've always liked the design of Jason from Jason goes to Hell, just the way his mask has become part of him, his skin tissue overlapping parts of his mask, his bulky head, and decaying body covered in wounds from previous encounters. I was so happy when he was revealed as a playable Jason in the game, since he didn't get much screen time in the movie. He's also my favourite Kane Hodder Jason, right next to my next favourite Kane Hodder Jason part 8.

Nickypoolicious and Miss AJ like this

17 minutes ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Part 7 is without a doubt the coolest looking one.  I always thought he was the scariest too.  His face is just mean looking.  First Kane Hodder Jason too.

I never liked part 9.  His head looks way too fat.  Mask looks stupid the way it's welded to his face.  The whole character design sucks.

To be fair, in Jason Takes Manhattan he was defeated by smoldering hot toxic waste, I believe? So the melted mask to his face for Part 9 (Jason Goes to Hell) fits, and it's cool to see him all partially melted. Just shows what the guy has been through, and still keeps on coming. I mean all he wants to do is kill some horny teenagers, is that too much to ask?

7 minutes ago, Nickypoolicious said:

To be fair, in Jason Takes Manhattan he was defeated by smoldering hot toxic waste, I believe? So the melted mask to his face for Part 9 (Jason Goes to Hell) fits, and it's cool to see him all partially melted. Just shows what the guy has been through, and still keeps on coming. I mean all he wants to do is kill some horny teenagers, is that too much to ask?

I always liked and subscribe to the fan theory, that the ending of Part 8 is Rennie having one last hallucination of kid Jason whilst in reality Jason is swept out to sea with the toxic wave. So while Jason is able to regenerate most of his damage as usual, he's still kind of messed up from all that toxic waste and rather misshapen, bloated and bubbly from it.

Like Emil from Robocop if he was capable of, well, pretty much anything but stagger around and die.

my favorite Jason would have to be part 6 always loved his look. also loved the fact he has a tool belt full of weapons, i mean got to give him credit he's prepared.