Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
screwygirl

Can't hear the boat?

19 posts in this topic

So I've noticed that Jason hears the cars when they start, yet he can't hear the boat when it starts. Is this intentional or a bug?

Just now, screwygirl said:

So I've noticed that Jason hears the cars when they start, yet he can't hear the boat when it starts. Is this intentional or a bug?

Pretty sure it's intentional.

29 minutes ago, Deeify said:

Intentional.  No one would go for the boat if Jason can hear it start.  He'd usually get you.

By that logic, no one would go for the cars either. I'm trying to figure out if the developers did it on purpose, or if it is simply not working.

1 minute ago, screwygirl said:

By that logic, no one would go for the cars either. I'm trying to figure out if the developers did it on purpose, or if it is simply not working.

If Jason stops the car you can get out and run.

If he stops you at the boat you get instakilled.

Pretty sound logic actually.

Yup it's intentional as it makes sense,it would make escaping in the boat impossible if Jason can just teleport stop it and get instakills

23 minutes ago, screwygirl said:

Not at all.

If he stops the car, you have a good chance of scattering or fighting back. If he stops the boat, you all die.

Jason is slow and visible on the land. If he's after the car, you can still juke him successfully if you're good.

In the water he's fast and virtually invisible. If he could hear the boat start, you would almost never escape.

The design is intentional and entirely sound.

The boat is the 'stealth' escape. It carries a high risk and a high reward.

DamonD7 and RichWalk9891 like this

18 minutes ago, malloymk said:

If Jason stops the car you can get out and run.

If he stops you at the boat you get instakilled.

Pretty sound logic actually.

No, you don't get insta-killed. I have escaped many times from Jason after he tipped the boat. I understand your point, but here is another point: Not every Jason is fast enough to catch the boat once it is in motion (yes, he can morph to the exit - but that means he would have to keep his morph unused or have a fast recharge). 

I've always operated under the assumption that Jason can hear the boat when it starts just like the car.

I'm pretty sure that Jason can hear a metal clunk sound after someone finishes fixing the propeller. But the boat starting sound is mute to him.

5 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Not at all.

If he stops the car, you have a good chance of scattering or fighting back. If he stops the boat, you all die.

Jason is slow and visible on the land. If he's after the car, you can still juke him successfully if you're good.

In the water he's fast and virtually invisible. If he could hear the boat start, you would almost never escape.

The design is intentional and entirely sound.

This makes sense. Thanks for all of your replies. 

6 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

I'm pretty sure that Jason can hear a metal clunk sound after someone finishes fixing the propeller. But the boat starting sound is mute to him.

This is only if you mess up the repair game.

malloymk and Dr. Lecter like this

15 hours ago, screwygirl said:

No, you don't get insta-killed. I have escaped many times from Jason after he tipped the boat. I understand your point, but here is another point: Not every Jason is fast enough to catch the boat once it is in motion (yes, he can morph to the exit - but that means he would have to keep his morph unused or have a fast recharge). 

I've always operated under the assumption that Jason can hear the boat when it starts just like the car.

You pretty much get instakilled if he tips the boat. Also there is only one boat escape so even if it's a slow water Jason, he can just play goalie at the exit.

I'm glad Jason can't hear the boat, no one would ever escape in the boat if he heard the engine start haha

Unless you don't care about the boat escaping, you have to watch your map like a hawk to see if the boat is moving.  Unfortunately I forget to do that hlaf the time.

19 hours ago, screwygirl said:

It is intentional.

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Boat is easier to catch and you can still hear failed attempts at repair ;). 

Here is a confirm from one of the Devs.

screwygirl likes this

19 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Definitely. It's a good pick for A.J. and Deborah players to gather the supplies and high-tail it out of there as quickly as possible.

It also helps that Jason can't reliably place traps on the pier by the boat, unless the group is on Crystal Lake and the boat is on the left of the map.

screwygirl and Killerfalcon74 like this