Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smitty_Voorhees

Total # of PhD kills (any mathemeticians?)

16 posts in this topic

Had 77% forever. Got the folding chair kill, went up to 79%. Got the water pump kill, now at 81%. My guess is 51 total kills, and I'm at 41. Someone better at math than me might be able to deduce more?

I've been wondering if there a way to track that(aside from keeping track yourself).  Like something in game that tells you what kills you have left.

You must do all the grab moves with Jason & each special weapon grab kill that's unique to each Jason.

I heard it was 59, because the 60th was the buggy boat kill they took out. Consoles don't have the various kill counter that Steam does though, so maybe @smackdown420 has it right at 57. My speculation came from a other forum post that involved a conversation with Gertz. Only a PS4 user right now can confirm what is counting towards it and what isn't when it comes to the special environment kills.

It used to be 59 kills. But they lowered it to 56 (at least on Steam) with the Small Maps update in August. I do not know if that applies to XBox or PS, but I cannot imagine why it would not.

No one has unlocked it on Xbox One yet. I'm still at 96% and have done every kill. Went up by 2% each time for me as well.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, mojitodominic said:

Is there anyway to know at least how many kills you have on ps4?

Nope ps4 doesnt track trophies really annoying when u got big tasks like play as jason 1000 times

14 hours ago, Quinn FTW said:

It used to be 59 kills. But they lowered it to 56 (at least on Steam) with the Small Maps update in August. I do not know if that applies to XBox or PS, but I cannot imagine why it would not.

Was that maybe them taking out Savini Jason's weapons kills? How many does that Jason have?

20 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Was that maybe them taking out Savini Jason's weapons kills? How many does that Jason have?

Savini never counted towards PHD as far as I know. I tested that, IIRC. I don't think they took any kills out, per se (except maybe the boat one).

Just got this trophy yesterday. I followed a list and essentially did every kill (even shit i know i did already), for a total of 59.

My method was putting the list in word and highlighting anything i KNOW i did already in green. Kills i already had trophies for got highlighted in purple.

Then i set about doing stuff on the list i hadn't done and highlighted those in red after each one was complete.

This helped me know what i needed to focus on and not waste time redoing kills i had already done.

Once i had everything highlighted and still no trophy, i started going through the greens and turning them to reds as i completed each one. Saved the purples for last since i had trophies to prove i did them so they really shouldn't need to be redone. I only had to do about a quarter of my greens. Didn't have to touch my purples.

The final kill that got the trophy to pop was the jaw rip which i know i did before. But it popped regardless.

The only kill i found that wasn't on any lists i saw was an environmental kill on the side of the cabin outside where Jason repeatedly slams your face into it sorta like the door smash (but your head he's slamming into the wall instead of door into your head).

Every list i saw only accounted for head punch on wall, spine breaker on wall, head crush on wall and the head slam on desks etc.

Didn't see anything about the head slam on the wall.

Hopefully that helps someone.

And also remember the few map specific environmental kills such as Higgins barn closets and fence kills, Crystal Lake (? Not sure if it is specific because the table is in other maps?) workshed/toolsheds game table (head smash on green felted table), not sure about the other map... The only other problem if you have been keeping track of your kills is how many kills DIDN'T count because of a disconnection/rage quit?

I am redoing all the grab and weapon kills with every Jason and a few matches ago I did all of Part 6's kills and the wall one where he crushes the skull against the wall. Went from 74% before this match up to 80% after.

I have done all the Jason kills before the update so if each kill brings you up about 2% then the new wall crush should have brought it to 76%, meaning the other Jason kills might not have registered before the update.

So my advice is go back and redo all the grab and weapon kills and see where you are before and after each match, especially if you get a kill you know you didn't have before.

Here's the ones that gave me trouble, hopefully helps

-barn closet

-two kills at graveyard

-barn fence where you put them on knees and slam face

-water pump (easier since update)

-swirly in toilet

-chair smash

-outhouse

And I know people don't like slasher but slash em anyway

I had 96% percent before update achievement popped last night