mojitodominic

Help with Coward Jarvis!!!!

21 posts in this topic

Can you guys put a fix on Tommy Jarvis so he can't escape unless he's the last counselor alive? It's just annoying to see this guys coming back as Tommy and first thing they do is run to the police or hop in a car without even firing the shotgun and you have like 3 or 4 counselors still trying to survive.

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

Barbara Ann and Cokeyskunk like this

What if he is the only one and another person? that won't work because he's not the last one but if he wants to hop inside the 2 seater with someone he won't be able to survive that way?

Nah. 

I play Tommy as a self-sacrificer and Jason distraction, but I don't want to force others to. That's half the fun of the game. This would be like making it so none of the vehicles start unless every seat is full.

Quinn FTW likes this

5 hours ago, mojitodominic said:

Can you guys put a fix on Tommy Jarvis so he can't escape unless he's the last counselor alive? It's just annoying to see this guys coming back as Tommy and first thing they do is run to the police or hop in a car without even firing the shotgun and you have like 3 or 4 counselors still trying to survive.

The problem with this is if someone is helping Jason, or is inactive, or just hiding and won't come out. Nobody wants to be forced to help a griefer.

I think instead the game should award a hidden value of Tommy Points to people, and these should affect your chance of being Tommy. These should rack up based on how many people escape after you arrive, and be deducted based on how many are left alive once you escape.

Nobody should ever be banned from playing as Tommy, but someone with capped (+20) Tommy Points versus someone with the minimum Tommy Points (-20) should have 10x the priority.

So bad Tommys can redeem themselves on rare occasions, but being a bad Tommy will have its consequences.

Negative Tommy Points can possibly degrade over time too. So for every time you're passed over, you gain 5 Tommy Points, but never above 0.

Cokeyskunk and mojitodominic like this

1 hour ago, deathbat96777 said:

I came back once as Tommy and spawned right next to the police exit. Not gonna lie, I just turned back around and left. 

anigif_original-grid-image-20662-1461087 LOL!!! I laughed though when I read this.

I always use Tommy as a sacrifice character; but I don't care how others use him. If someone wants to help; great. If they want to escape the second the spawn as Tommy; I don't care.

1 hour ago, TestedTwice said:

I always use Tommy as a sacrifice character; but I don't care how others use him. If someone wants to help; great. If they want to escape the second the spawn as Tommy; I don't care.

I agree that it is a matter of choice. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe you get points for escaping as Tommy, just for doing things in the match. 

Why would anyone want to just run away or hide?

11 hours ago, mojitodominic said:

I see why you are mad at Tommy for escaping before others BUT what if someone was to spawn near a phone box and was the first to die or someone didnt really get the chance to do anything.Well if they become Tommy they see it as a second chance at surviving and escaping.

Tommy was suppose to be that second chance at playing the game if you was one of the ones that died first in the game or escape.However the only chance I could agree with Tommy staying until everyone else leave is if The person that already escape becomes Tommy.That Tommy then should stay and help to make sure everyone escape or at least try and help most of the counselor as he can.

SolidusPrime likes this

I agree it sucks when they just head for the exit but choice is choice i always like to come back and run to the closest group i can find try to help them get out if so on to next group or if boat is trying to get fixed ill wait by the dock for Jason so the other 2 can escape i already fucked up and died my job now is to help others get out 

11 hours ago, JasonKILLER said:

I see why you are mad at Tommy for escaping before others BUT what if someone was to spawn near a phone box and was the first to die or someone didnt really get the chance to do anything.Well if they become Tommy they see it as a second chance at surviving and escaping.

Tommy was suppose to be that second chance at playing the game if you was one of the ones that died first in the game or escape.However the only chance I could agree with Tommy staying until everyone else leave is if The person that already escape becomes Tommy.That Tommy then should stay and help to make sure everyone escape or at least try and help most of the counselor as he can.

I agree. Unfortunately there isn't any incentive to play Tommy as a "sacrifice" (I prefer the term hero). What the devs could do is give the person playing Tommy extra points for every counselor that escapes on their watch. I also think Tommy should come with a 2 shot shotgun and/or a pocket knife to allow them to perform their role more effectively.

vzadrima likes this

but tommy is suppose to be our saviour..:D..but for real,i see alot of tommys come back and kill a counselor cuz either they killed them or counselors doing nothing in game to help

19 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I think instead the game should award a hidden value of Tommy Points to people, and these should affect your chance of being Tommy. These should rack up based on how many people escape after you arrive, and be deducted based on how many are left alive once you escape.

Nobody should ever be banned from playing as Tommy, but someone with capped (+20) Tommy Points versus someone with the minimum Tommy Points (-20) should have 10x the priority.

So bad Tommys can redeem themselves on rare occasions, but being a bad Tommy will have its consequences.

Negative Tommy Points can possibly degrade over time too. So for every time you're passed over, you gain 5 Tommy Points, but never above 0.

I love all of this -- especially gaining more XP the more counselors that survive under your watch.

19 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

The problem with this is if someone is helping Jason, or is inactive, or just hiding and won't come out. Nobody wants to be forced to help a griefer.

Totally get your points about Jason-helpers and AFK players. Not much you could do about that, so your idea of Jarvis players receiving additional XP for survivors should provide the incentive to at least TRY to go after the surviving counselors and save them.

However, to your point about the "hiding and just won't come out" folks -- since both Jason AND Tommy are looking for counselors, why not give Tommy Jarvis the ability to SENSE them, just like Jason has? That way, Jarvis could track them down and talk them into coming with him, offering them protection. If they refused, he just leaves them to their fate. That should totally be a thing. 

2 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We are definitely looking at Tommy and his mechanics. Nothing specific right now, but we are looking into making him more the 'hero' character he needs to be. 

Ben - please take a look at this thread regarding Tommy. I think there are some valid points GUN should take into consideration with improving the character's playability:

Sad that this is even a topic .A lot of people just need to learn how to play .People who escape first chance they get as Tommy are probably the same people I have to beg to lock doors 

On 9/12/2017 at 8:48 PM, Definitelynotjason said:

I agree that it is a matter of choice. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe you get points for escaping as Tommy, just for doing things in the match. 

Why would anyone want to just run away or hide?

My guess would be some weird feeling of not wanting to give Jason the satisfaction of killing them. People get very competitive in this game; sometimes to the extent of being ridiculous... and many can't STAND the thought of Jason killing them; especially a second time as Tommy.

I definitely play Tommy Jarvis as the hero, and more often than not I am trying to rally the surviving counselors to try and help me kill Jason, but failing that I help defend them while putting the cars together, or help do it myself, same for the phone and boat. But I definitely try to make the most of Tommy coming in. He's there for a reason, and I intend to make it worth while that he is when I get chosen to play him.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:10 PM, mojitodominic said:

Just because you're Tommy doesn't mean you're obligated to play hero. Sure, most do and he is that character, but sometimes after you've been killed you just want to escape and feel that satisfaction of surviving. There's nothing to fix here.

I've had someone as Buggzy, Deborah, Kenny, A.J., Jenny, etc. have guns and not make an attempt to help me as Jason closed in. Should we impose punishments on all other characters too in that case?

The answer is no. Because you can't tell someone else how to play no matter what character they have. If they're not trolling or exploiting glitches, as far as I'm concerned the person can do whatever they please.

15 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

Just because you're Tommy doesn't mean you're obligated to play hero. Sure, most do and he is that character, but sometimes after you've been killed you just want to escape and feel that satisfaction of surviving. There's nothing to fix here.

I've had someone as Buggzy, Deborah, Kenny, A.J., Jenny, etc. have guns and not make an attempt to help me as Jason closed in. Should we impose punishments on all other characters too in that case?

The answer is no. Because you can't tell someone else how to play no matter what character they have. If they're not trolling or exploiting glitches, as far as I'm concerned the person can do whatever they please.

I agree. People are going to play how they want to, and they will either help or they won't. Personally, I feel the best results for Tommy Jarvis are with a group of people that you enjoy playing with and that you know will help if they are chosen to play as Jarvis. I will always try to help though if I am him, for better or for worse. :)