Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FuManJew

Last Man/Woman Standing

13 posts in this topic

Sometimes you get a very effective Jason who kills everyone but one lone player.  The now deceased spectators must endure a sometimes very long wait, till Jason either finds or the clock runs out.   If you are the last one alive it's often counter-intuitive to attempt to fix anything as a means of escape, thus hiding in the woods or under a bed, etc. is a better option abet a boring one.  To solve this issue of tedium it would be nice to have the cops automatically called and have Jason go directly into rage mode when there is only one player left. This would push the action giving the spectators more of a show which is, after all, what F13 is all about.  

4 people like this

I agree that it's difficult to make repairs when you're alone, and yes that may cause a boring stretch of time where nothing is happening. But if the cops were automatically called, there's not much of a challenge for the last survivor. Sure Jason would have rage mode (per your idea), but if the last player is heading to the cops anyway then he wouldn't really need it. I feel like you're on to a good idea, but this one would just make things too easy in my opinion. I'm definitely curious what others have to say about it and what they might have to add to your idea.

2 people like this

39 minutes ago, FuManJew said:

Sometimes you get a very effective Jason who kills everyone but one lone player.  The now deceased spectators must endure a sometimes very long wait, till Jason either finds or the clock runs out.   If you are the last one alive it's often counter-intuitive to attempt to fix anything as a means of escape, thus hiding in the woods or under a bed, etc. is a better option abet a boring one.  To solve this issue of tedium it would be nice to have the cops automatically called and have Jason go directly into rage mode when there is only one player left. This would push the action giving the spectators more of a show which is, after all, what F13 is all about.  

I have always thought about some sort of ability or leverage being given to the last person alive. I never fully conjured up any ideas however. I think the last person alive should have something on the lines of their stats being boosted. The cops spawning without being called kind of seems unfair to an extent...? I like the idea of an alternative escape route appearing or somehow coming into play, but I'm not entirely sure I'd get behind the cops randomly spawning unless there was a way to call them versus having to repair the fuse box. (Because Jason would just break it, since he'd be pursuing you, since you'd be the last alive.)

(This is irrelevant, but I see your location is exceptionally close to where I live.)

1 person likes this

Perhaps if there were some stipulations to the cops being called.  For example, if at least one counselor successfully escapes then if there is one survivor left the police countdown pops up.  This would suggest that the counselor escaped and contacted authorities, thus fulfilling a sound narrative.  Another idea could be to reveal the location of necessary repair items on the map to the final counselor in hopes of enticing them to attempt some sort of repair.  

To Betsy Palmer:  if you do live close by we probably have a good ping to one another, I tend to try to host games and if you message me your PS4 ID I'll be sure to invite you next time I am on.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, FuManJew said:

That's... actually not a bad idea. I like it. But there might be some downside. When Jason killed anyone but TWO people, they might both just start hiding, hoping the Jason finds the other one, so the last one can escape with the police. At least now they both will try to work as hard as possible.

I agree that it's difficult to make repairs when you're alone, and yes that may cause a boring stretch of time where nothing is happening. But if the cops were automatically called, there's not much of a challenge for the last survivor. Sure Jason would have rage mode (per your idea), but if the last player is heading to the cops anyway then he wouldn't really need it. I feel like you're on to a good idea, but this one would just make things too easy in my opinion. I'm definitely curious what others have to say about it and what they might have to add to your idea.

Well, i think, there should be like at least 10 second timer, before the police arrives then. And Jason should not only get rage, but refresh all his cooldowns, so he can instantly morph and prevent cheap escaping.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, CptJackFrost said:

When Jason killed anyone but TWO people, they might both just start hiding, hoping the Jason finds the other one, so the last one can escape with the police

True, and hiding is a legit strategy.  However, I would stipulate that if the remaining game time is less than the time it would take for the police to arrive then the police are not activated.  However, if the inverse were to happen and at least one camp counselor has escaped then the police countdown begins.  This way it cuts down the wait time for a game restart without completely negating the hiding strategy.  

17 hours ago, FuManJew said:

True, and hiding is a legit strategy.

Yeah, but It's just... kinda weird twist. 3 people is alive - all are doing their best to escape, but then it's only two of them - and now they both wants each other dead.

I think it would help if the last person alive could kill Jason, maybe through an environmental kill like hanging him in the barn, getting 5 hits in with a machete and the last one kills him ala part 4, whatever. 

If the Tommy character was the last alive they could use a boat, have to find a chain and rock (mini-game), and drown him. 

On 9/12/2017 at 9:52 AM, FuManJew said:

The last person could always seek out death as well.  I know I will if I see I'm the last person left and nothing has been done or not enough has been done to make escape seem viable.  Just go out with a bang have some fun and move to the next round.  I also understand my opinion comes from a max level standpoint and from one who the only means of meaningful escape is currently the boat (badges).  So I don't expect everyone to embrace death quite as willingly. 

1 person likes this

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:52 AM, FuManJew said:

I have been in many matches that has multiple players that never help with the objectives.

They loot all the pocket knives, firecrackers, shotguns, Pamela tapes and hide until Jason has rage.

They never lock doors and loot everything while leaving the important objective parts behind.

When they see the Tommy radio they never call him.

I don't think that is a good idea to reward players that make no effort to help escape with a free pass by the police.

I think it would be better to give Jason instant rage when only one player is left. Have 15 minute matches.

You want the police escape? Get that fuse. Put it in the phone box. Call the police. Put in the work for your escape. Good luck. ? 

If it was real life, or movies, the last one alive would get an adrenaline boost. Why not in the game. 

1 person likes this

What about something a little less balance-altering? What if the Last Survivor (preferably close to the end of the game, final 5 minutes or so) had important items highlighted on the mini map? Don't call the cops automatically, just increase their chances a little if they're the last survivor. Indicate where the fuse, the keys, gas, propeller and battery are located on the map. It's enough to help, but not enough to break the game.

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, UprightChair said:

The last person could always seek out death as well

I am not a high level and I do this often, just as a courtesy. 

Okay, so let's recap. 

Option 1:  If one or more counselors have escaped and there is only one remaining at the camp and the round timer is more than 5 mins, then it is assumed that the survivors contacted the authorities and the police countdown begins.  As a reminder, this is not automatic, Jason goes into rage mode (if he hasn't already) and still has 5 mins to find the remaining counselor.  

Option 2:  Regardless of any escapees, when there is only one player left, they are shown on the map where important repair items are; this is done in order to entice the lone player to attempt an escape.  

Option 3:  The lone player gets some sort of adrenaline boost which could help them defeat Jason in a fashion related to one of the films.   

None of these options, in my opinion, guarantees an easy victory, however, it could help eliminate current issues such as players dropping immediately after they've been killed, as this would help to not only push the pace/action but also limit the wait time for a restart.