Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZiG ZaG

Slashing or Grabbing

Which is harder Slashing or Grabbing?   37 members have voted

1. 1. Which is harder?

• Slashing someone to death?
    • Grabbing someone and killing them?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

I hate when people complain about me slashing people to deathbin certian situations because to me it is harder to slash someone to death (3-7 hits) compared to grabbing someone and spamming A/X . Even if they have 3 pocket knives I would still feel it is harder to slash someone to death.

Normally my instinct is to grab, but I play with groups that love to team up on me and beat the crap out of me(still have not been killed as Jason). So, I've mained Part 3 for his weapon strength so I can fight back and chop them down in 3 hits when I need to.  Plus I need to work on my slash kill badges. :)

BoxingRouge and ZiG ZaG like this

Slashing is much harder nowadays becouse almost all are using thick skin and medic perks... 

Slashing.  I never get mad when a Jason slashes me to death.  It's not as glorious of a death but it took more time and work usually.

Slashing is harder and takes longer to kill but works better at hitting multiple targets trying to gang up on you. I prefer to use combat stance in this instant and watch them break all their melee weapons while I just sit there and block.

Also I don't get why some complain about getting pocket knife to the neck. Every pocket knife they use brings Jason one step closer to rage and also knowing some of your traps are probably still intact if they haven't deplete and disarm them all yet. 

Grabs are instant kills if they don't have backup or pocket knifes. I like to keep at least one choke or decapitation or anything with a fast cool down for those Adam and Buggsy players that has the strength to break free faster than the other characters.

I usually try to employ a bit of both. Slash until limping, then finish with a grab. Even if I get pocket knifed and they use a med spray immediately after, that's less resources they have for later on.

After all, this game IS based on a slasher franchise, so...

Willie likes this

24 minutes ago, Archgamer said:

Also I don't get why some complain about getting pocket knife to the neck. Every pocket knife they use brings Jason one step closer to rage and also knowing some of your traps are probably still intact if they haven't deplete and disarm them all yet. 

The pocket knives are especially annoying when you catch a fast character and then you have to let them go and you remain stunned for a little bit. Annoying as fuck if you've been chasing them for a while. 

When it comes to Bugzy and Vanessa I like to slash them to death. I don't wanna take chances with those pocket knives with those characters. On anyone else I will try the brag kill.

And if there are like 4 Vanessas in a match I slash them all, partly for the pocket knives reason, and partly because they all chose the same damn character and that's just awful. LOL

44 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

The pocket knives are especially annoying when you catch a fast character and then you have to let them go and you remain stunned for a little bit. Annoying as fuck if you've been chasing them for a while. 

When it comes to Bugzy and Vanessa I like to slash them to death. I don't wanna take chances with those pocket knives with those characters. On anyone else I will try the brag kill.

And if there are like 4 Vanessas in a match I slash them all, partly for the pocket knives reason, and partly because they all chose the same damn character and that's just awful. LOL

This is what I do pretty much.

Or if a group of counselors gangs up on me and thinks they are going to jump me with melee weapons. Grabbing one of them just opens you up to get stunned most of the time, so I just wade in there swinging until I catch one of them slipping. It's funny how quick that pack mentality breaks down after 1-2 of them are bloody and limping.

PastyMcBalderton likes this

In my opinion, slashing is easier. You can basically stun lock someone by swinging at them multiple times without them being able to do anything. Grabbing requires for you to at least be close enough in range and risk getting knifed. 

lately ive been having trouble slashing counselors at all!! it could be lag or something but yea.. ive had ppl cry no matter which way i choose to kill them.  fuq them they usually rage quit anyway

14 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

In my opinion, slashing is easier. You can basically stun lock someone by swinging at them multiple times without them being able to do anything. Grabbing requires for you to at least be close enough in range and risk getting knifed. 

Show me proof of you stun locking someone when they arent trying to heal themselves. Cause I have never had that happen to me as a counsler. Slashing takes atleast 3 hits to kill depending on the Jason and the counlser's perks (Can take up to 8 hits). Even if the counsler had 3 pocket knives (which rarely happens) At any point in time during those 3 slashes you can just grab them and spam A. If the person you are trying to slash is fast then forget about hitting them 3 times cause if they are decent it wont happen.

So please, after reading that...  tell me how it makes any logical sense to you that slashing is easier. 

SolidusPrime likes this

5 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Only people who are trash at the game slash, grab, use throwing knives, & bear traps. Jason is suppose to help counselors find the parts for the car & boat.

Id like this but I already used my likes 😭😭😭 had me crying

5 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

Only people who are trash at the game slash, grab, use throwing knives, & bear traps. Jason is suppose to help counselors find the parts for the car & boat.

lolzzz yea pretty much what i hear over mic lolz

random 8 yr old playing -"jason, wanna be friends?"

me -"yea mayn no problem," then gives them the death hug

7 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

I won't name names, but a group of friends I regularly play with told me about how one time one of the counselors they were playing with had an epic meltdown when Jason dared to trap the phone box.  He wanted Jason to kill him right then and there because he had no other reason to live. LOL! 

Tattooey likes this

25 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

Show me proof of you stun locking someone when they arent trying to heal themselves. Cause I have never had that happen to me as a counsler. Slashing takes atleast 3 hits to kill depending on the Jason and the counlser's perks (Can take up to 8 hits). Even if the counsler had 3 pocket knives (which rarely happens) At any point in time during those 3 slashes you can just grab them and spam A. If the person you are trying to slash is fast then forget about hitting them 3 times cause if they are decent it wont happen.

So please, after reading that...  tell me how it makes any logical sense to you that slashing is easier. 

Every time I have been hacked and slashed by a Jason, I have literally been stun locked to the point where my character can not react. I don't record footage of my games like that, but the counselors do react and flinch when hit with a melee attack. 

To be honest, your argument makes it seem like you're the kind of player that just gets sour when you get grab killed. I also said it was my opinion. I don't need to validate that with evidence to prove anything to you. 

In all reality, it takes no skill to kill someone with melee. It also takes no skill to grab someone. Jason is very easy to play. 

10 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Every time I have been hacked and slashed by a Jason, I have literally been stun locked to the point where my character can not react. I don't record footage of my games like that, but the counselors do react and flinch when hit with a melee attack. 

To be honest, your argument makes it seem like you're the kind of player that just gets sour when you get grab killed. I also said it was my opinion. I don't need to validate that with evidence to prove anything to you. 

In all reality, it takes no skill to kill someone with melee. It also takes no skill to grab someone. Jason is very easy to play. 

I can careless it he grabs me or not. My arguement does not give any indication on how I play this game. 

On the other hand, you saying you get stunned locked by a jason proves to everyone on the forums that you do not know how to sprint as a counsler.

You are for sure one of those players who goes into to full out panic mode as soon as Jason appears.

Play Jason a lobby with experienced players and then tell me it is easy to play Jason.

46 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

I nominate this for Post of the Day :lol:

Tattooey likes this

Against well organized groups, grabbing is.  If you can find a way to split them up it isn't too difficult but almost all the people I play with are 101s and it can be tough.  Hacking has its place as well.  Especially on groups around an objective.  Thick skin isn't too bad to deal with, but it also can be a pain if they have med perks on. 

2 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Against well organized groups, grabbing is.  If you can find a way to split them up it isn't too difficult but almost all the people I play with are 101s and it can be tough.  Hacking has its place as well.  Especially on groups around an objective.  Thick skin isn't too bad to deal with, but it also can be a pain if they have med perks on. 

First time I heard an answer like this. Happy someone saw it. Grabbing and Slashing is situational. Gotta do what is better for your Jason in that situation. Grabbing is harder in groups but easier solo. Slashing is easier when being jumped but harder when there is only 1 counsler. 

13 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It can definitely be tough when you have a gang of counselors surrounding the 4 seater while one of them is in it trying to get it started.  The moment you pull the driver out, the others immediately rush you and start wailing on you.  What I'll do in this instance is try to avoid them as best as I can, walk a few steps away from them and spam the head punch kill as soon as it lights up.  Rinse and repeat as each remaining counselor tries to get in the driver's seat to start the car. 

Maddogg_8121 likes this