f13jb95

Most and Least popular counsellors!

Counsellor opinions!   113 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's your favourite counsellor?

    • Jenny
      12
    • Kenny
      4
    • AJ
      35
    • Deborah
      21
    • Adam
      6
    • Lachappa
      5
    • Chad
      12
    • Vanessa
      7
    • Buggzy
      3
    • Tiffany
      8
  2. 2. Who is your least favourite counsellors?

    • Jenny
      5
    • Kenny
      18
    • AJ
      4
    • Deborah
      1
    • Adam
      3
    • Lachappa
      39
    • Chad
      11
    • Vanessa
      18
    • Buggzy
      4
    • Tiffany
      10

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

@1st2Die It depends on how you play. I usually go for killing Jason. In most games, I am almost never encountering Jason on a low stealth character. If he can locate me, he has no chance of getting Vanessa without an 5-6 minute chase.  A decent Jason doesnt find people off the ticks. A defent Jason finds people through objectives. All though it is hard to track AJ.. AJ is usually first to an objective with an objective item. All it takes is one morph to the objective and if AJ doesnt have a teammate, she is dead. She is the most overrated. No doubt about it.

I agree. Smart councilors need a body guard or distraction. Vanessa's can be a great bodyguard, as long as she doesn't  leave AJ in the dust. Unfortunately a lot of Vanessa's play like that. They stomp around AJ. Jason shows up, Vanessa sprints away. Leaveing AJ vulnerable in the open.

I also frequently  see lots of AJs run off with a part the second Jason arrives . Only to be shift grabbed far away from the car and part lost in the woods.

I frequently wanna fight Jason, and have to yell in my mic for the smart AJ or Deborah to start repairing while Jason is stunned. 

It's frustrating when it's down to the last 2 councilors. Jason is in Rage, and stealth councilors are still hiding under beds.

I find the only good time to hid is in the first 10 minutes and only if you're by yourself and Jason morphs by you.

This game really designed for teamwork, and coordinating over walker talkies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

@1st2Die It depends on how you play. I usually go for killing Jason. In most games, I am almost never encountering Jason on a low stealth character. If he can locate me, he has no chance of getting Vanessa without an 5-6 minute chase.  A decent Jason doesnt find people off the ticks. A defent Jason finds people through objectives. All though it is hard to track AJ.. AJ is usually first to an objective with an objective item. All it takes is one morph to the objective and if AJ doesnt have a teammate, she is dead. She is the most overrated. No doubt about it.

If what you're saying is true then your experience is definitely not a common one I've encountered. I do agree, it will take a while but that's why I wrote that a competent Jason will kill anyone given the time especially if he's good with throwing knives. I'd have to disagree, a Jason that waits for people to go to objectives is not a decent one. Far from it actually. You check objectives and if no one is at one, you seek them out in the only other way you can which is noise pings and sense (typically in that order). Waiting for people to go to an objective is the easiest way to make time your enemy and the easiest way to let people comfortably search cabins and find important items. A group with mics can then comfortably coordinate and make your life a lot harder. Try stopping counselors when one group is at the four door and another is at the phone. I just don't see how waiting for people to go to objectives makes for a good idea.

There are three objectives on every map, Jason can't be at all three at once and he may actually be chasing someone already which is usually the case. It only takes about 60 seconds to do what needs to be done and run away. Also, a competent Jason will kill anyone given the time but a competent player can also waste a good chunk of his time even with AJ. I won't get into the argument over whether she's overrated, that's an argument for another day; I'm just saying that stealth is not useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dandop1984 said:

I agree. Smart councilors need a body guard or distraction. Vanessa's can be a great bodyguard, as long as she doesn't  leave AJ in the dust. Unfortunately a lot of Vanessa's play like that. They stomp around AJ. Jason shows up, Vanessa sprints away. Leaveing AJ vulnerable in the open.

I also frequently  see lots of AJs run off with a part the second Jason arrives . Only to be shift grabbed far away from the car and part lost in the woods.

I frequently wanna fight Jason, and have to yell in my mic for the smart AJ or Deborah to start repairing while Jason is stunned. 

It's frustrating when it's down to the last 2 councilors. Jason is in Rage, and stealth councilors are still hiding under beds.

I find the only good time to hid is in the first 10 minutes and only if you're by yourself and Jason morphs by you.

This game really designed for teamwork, and coordinating over walker talkies.

We can't talk about most Vanessa's or most AJ's. At the end of the day, if you take the top players in this game, they will know their role and how to use their counslers. In a competitive lobby with a competitive Jason, AJ is almost useless besides the fact she can repair. In competitive lobbies, if you want to repair, your character NEEDS to be moblie. If not you NEED someone with you. And in a competitive lobby, the Vanessa or Protector is never outrunning the person they are protecting.

 

That  being said, you cannot rate counslers on how everyone plays on them. Just how experienced players play with them. 

dandop1984 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More onto the story of Vanessa I tend to fix something if I have that specific item on me you can keep pressing X until you get 5 or 6 skill checks they're slow I might mess up on one check but that's about it. If Jason shows up I'm gone like Usain Bolt with my Rare Marathon Perk.

If I want to play a stealth match I go with AJ having Level Headed, Night Owl, and Lightfoot on her makes her OP in my opinion.

If I want a casual Match I'll go with Chad just because he's cool to Play with especially when he's scared.

Those are my Top 3.

Bisconia likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People love campaigning as AJ because she is so lovable to the masses.  <3 <3 AJ AJ AJ!!!!! <3 <3 <3

 

4 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

We can't talk about most Vanessa's or most AJ's. At the end of the day, if you take the top players in this game, they will know their role and how to use their counslers. In a competitive lobby with a competitive Jason, AJ is almost useless besides the fact she can repair. In competitive lobbies, if you want to repair, your character NEEDS to be moblie. If not you NEED someone with you. And in a competitive lobby, the Vanessa or Protector is never outrunning the person they are protecting.

 

That  being said, you cannot rate counslers on how everyone plays on them. Just how experienced players play with them. 


And who would you recommend for this mythical "mobile repair counselor"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1st2Die said:

If what you're saying is true then your experience is definitely not a common one I've encountered. I do agree, it will take a while but that's why I wrote that a competent Jason will kill anyone given the time especially if he's good with throwing knives. I'd have to disagree, a Jason that waits for people to go to objectives is not a decent one. Far from it actually. You check objectives and if no one is at one, you seek them out in the only other way you can which is noise pings and sense (typically in that order). Waiting for people to go to an objective is the easiest way to make time your enemy and the easiest way to let people comfortably search cabins and find important items. A group with mics can then comfortably coordinate and make your life a lot harder. Try stopping counselors when one group is at the four door and another is at the phone. Maybe we won't agree on this but I just don't see how waiting for people to go to objectives makes for a good idea.

There are three objectives on every map, Jason can't be at all three at once and he may actually be chasing someone already which is usually the case. It only takes about 60 seconds to do what needs to be done and run away. Also, a competent Jason will kill anyone given the time but a competent player can also waste a good chunk of his time even with AJ. I won't get into the argument over whether she's overrated, that's an argument for another day; I'm just saying that stealth is not useless.

Maybe I phrased it incorrect. Not necessarily waiting, but scouting. I never tunnel vision on one player. Most of the time ill end up teleporting to the 4 door and you have 4 people there trying to jump you. Which never ends well for those counslers cause ill just block, slash, and drop traps on them. If you know who has an objective's item, you can predict their plan of action. if they are at the car and phone fuse at the same time you have to proirtize it depending on how many counslers are left and if you got rage. Against a comp Jason, less mobile characters are almost ALWAYS the first to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure in the metagame Vanessa will be the best or one of the best in the game and this is considering the fact that I don't even main her. People that main certain characters are going to have a certain bias in favor of them.

Speed is the most important stat in this game because it's something that doesn't give diminishing returns the longer the round continues. You will always have it. Really, the best way to survive is to run like hell and waste time. The people that likes to hide are usually caught. 

Bisconia and ZiG ZaG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

Maybe I phrased it incorrect. Not necessarily waiting, but scouting. I never tunnel vision on one player. Most of the time ill end up teleporting to the 4 door and you have 4 people there trying to jump you. Which never ends well for those counslers cause ill just block, slash, and drop traps on them. If you know who has an objective's item, you can predict their plan of action. if they are at the car and phone fuse at the same time you have to proirtize it depending on how many counslers are left and if you got rage. Against a comp Jason, less mobile characters are almost ALWAYS the first to die.

Regardless of how you phrase it, you're saying to just watch (scout, spy on, etc) objectives and my argument still stands; that's a terrible idea. You shouldn't have to prioritize and that's the point I'm trying to make. You limiting yourself to scouting objectives is what would put you in these situations. If no one is at the objectives, you look for them by teleporting to them. How do you know where to teleport? Noise pings. That's why louder counselors encounter Jason more often. Every minute of the game you waste scouting untouched objectives is a minute that hurts you because you've failed if times run out.

We're going around in circles with who dies first so I'll just say that in my experience and most experiences I've read, counselors such as AJ are typically one of the lasts. I'm willing to bet that if the common trend was for low stealth to rarely encounter Jason like you seem to do, stealth counselors would be used less but of course that isn't the trend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 1st2Die said:

Regardless of how you phrase it, you're saying to just watch (scout, spy on, etc) objectives and my argument still stands; that's a terrible idea. You shouldn't have to prioritize and that's the point I'm trying to make. You limiting yourself to scouting objectives is what would put you in these situations. If no one is at the objectives, you look for them by teleporting to them. How do you know where to teleport? Noise pings. In my experience that's why louder counselors encounter Jason more often. Every minute of the game you waste scouting objectives is a minute that hurts you because you've failed if times run out.

We're going around in circles with who dies first so I'll just say that in my experience and most experiences I've read, counselors such as AJ are typically one of the lasts. I'm willing to bet that if the common trend was for low stealth to rarely encounter Jason like you seem to do, stealth counselors would be used less but of course that isn't the trend.

I use the bag head. No one is fixing anything without popping a trap. Think my strategy is terrible. Play against me with your best lobby and I know for a fact no one will escape. I have a 43 game streak going of no one escaping. I average 6.7/8 kills a game, mostly because of people quiting or getting betrayed. As well as I am coming up on the 1313 kills with Jason.

I do not care about most cases, that is what is wrong with your arguement. The only case i go by is when everyone in the lobby is experienced. If you are playing with inexperienced players that do not know their characters role then your experiences do not count in this conversation. You have to go by the Meta tier and what works there.

for example: in smite, i can go join a game and destroy people with archne but when I go play ranked.. i would have 0 chance with her due to the Meta teir gods and the experienced people playing them correctly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite is AJ Mason, my least favorite is Eric 'J.R.' Lachappa. 

I really dig Deborah, but that 1 point less of stamina than AJ's often gets me killed. As AJ, I just keep backing out of repair mini-games until I find a wheel with only 3 checks, so I am almost always successful and never alert Jason. Deborah also trips far too much and that with the combination of her stamina being a 3 - like I said, I often get killed as her.

Lachappa is WAY too slow for anything and his stealth can never accommodate for that. Sorry buddy.   :T

This is sort of irrelevant, but I always use Tiffany if there are plenty of repair guys and gals in a session. Therefore, my most played counselor is Tiffany and I often always survive as her. Her stamina and stealth is just too good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

I use the bag head. No one is fixing anything without popping a trap. Think my strategy is terrible. Play against me with your best lobby and I know for a fact no one will escape. I have a 43 game streak going of no one escaping. I average 6.7/8 kills a game, mostly because of people quiting or getting betrayed. As well as I am coming up on the 1313 kills with Jason.

I do not care about most cases, that is what is wrong with your arguement. The only case i go by is when everyone in the lobby is experienced. If you are playing with inexperienced players that do not know their characters role then your experiences do not count in this conversation. You have to go by the Meta tier and what works there.

for example: in smite, i can go join a game and destroy people with archne but when I go play ranked.. i would have 0 chance with her due to the Meta teir gods and the experienced people playing them correctly.

 

 

Alright, I'll just ignore the first part of your response. No offense, but I'm really not going to have this turn into one of those conversations and to be honest, I feel like we've hijacked this thread so I'm going to make this my last response.

My "most cases" argument is in experienced groups being that I only play with friends (to avoid the trolls). Lobbies in which if you give people enough time, they will coordinate and have both cars up and running and will force you to make a decision as to who escapes unscathed and who has to work for their escape. Lobbies in which popping traps are well coordinated (no need to bother wasting knives). In experienced lobbies, Jason really isn't as OP as he was meant to be and if you search the forums, you'll see quite a lot of posts on this issue; objective scouting doesn't help that situation so either you're doing more than objective scouting or the people you're playing with aren't as experienced as you make them out to be.

Regardless, I'll leave this conversation alone out of respect to the thread starter (as well as the rules). My apologies.

Toddarino likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1st2Die said:

Alright, I'll just ignore the first part of your response. No offense, but I'm really not going to have this turn into one of those conversations and to be honest, I feel like we've hijacked this thread so I'm going to make this my last response.

My "most cases" argument is in experienced groups being that I only play with friends (to avoid the trolls). Lobbies in which if you give people enough time, they will coordinate and have both cars up and running and will force you to make a decision as to who escapes unscathed and who has to work for their escape. Lobbies in which popping traps are well coordinated (no need to bother wasting knives). In experienced lobbies, Jason really isn't as OP as he was meant to be and if you search the forums, you'll see quite a lot of posts on this issue; objective scouting doesn't help that situation so either you're doing more than objective scout or the people you're playing with aren't as experienced as you make them out to be.

Regardless, I'll leave this conversation alone out of respect to the thread starter (as well as the rules). My apologies.

You are talking about a perfect situation. Assuming everyone has walkies and everyone has everything needed at the same time to coordinate that. If you are going to ignore my challange then you arent confident in your lobby. 

I can confidently say that in my lobby, if you were Jason. You would be killed 8/10 times. The other 2/10 will be because the sweater glitched or tommy was called, all the power is on, and doesnt spawn.

You also ignored the topic of Meta teir characters.  You say all your friends are experienced and you only play with friends.. but then why are most vanessas's that you play with out running AJ when she should be protecting her. I know alot of great players and sometimes my friends arent them. So just cause you are playing with a group of friends, doesnt mean they are experienced.

I have played with 101's that didnt know you can kill Jason with an Axe. I have also played against 101's who have never played Jason. 

Im pretty sure our definitions of experienced are completely different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jenny is the only one i play as and im happy many do not because i actually stand out in matches. I do wish they would tweak her though. Her repair should at least be a 5 she does not seem like the stupid type in that aspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wao, Can't believe the hate for my boy LaChapa!!!!.

I've been playing All Random for time now which enhances the experience for me as I have to play every Match different either as Jason or as a Counselor. That being said I think all of them bring something to the table you just have to play accordingly to your stats and you will be fine. If you like playing the game in a very specific way the stick to that character that suits better your style of play. I used to run AJ 100% of the time and Jason 8 but got bored after a while I encourage everyone to go All Randoms and you will be surprised of how much fun you will have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

You are talking about a perfect situation. Assuming everyone has walkies and everyone has everything needed at the same time to coordinate that. If you are going to ignore my challange then you arent confident in your lobby. 

I can confidently say that in my lobby, if you were Jason. You would be killed 8/10 times. The other 2/10 will be because the sweater glitched or tommy was called, all the power is on, and doesnt spawn.

You also ignored the topic of Meta teir characters.  You say all your friends are experienced and you only play with friends.. but then why are most vanessas's that you play with out running AJ when she should be protecting her. I know alot of great players and sometimes my friends arent them. So just cause you are playing with a group of friends, doesnt mean they are experienced.

I have played with 101's that didnt know you can kill Jason with an Axe. I have also played against 101's who have never played Jason. 

Im pretty sure our definitions of experienced are completely different.

That is statistically impossible unless they are quitting when selected as Jason. :rolleyes: This isn't DbD where you can opt out.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

That is statistically impossible unless they are quitting when selected as Jason. :rolleyes: This isn't DbD where you can opt out.:P

Lmao I didnt believe him ether but he said he quit everytime he was Jason and had his preference set as counsler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mojitodominic said:

Wao, Can't believe the hate for my boy LaChapa!!!!.

I've been playing All Random for time now which enhances the experience for me as I have to play every Match different either as Jason or as a Counselor. That being said I think all of them bring something to the table you just have to play accordingly to your stats and you will be fine. If you like playing the game in a very specific way the stick to that character that suits better your style of play. I used to run AJ 100% of the time and Jason 8 but got bored after a while I encourage everyone to go All Randoms and you will be surprised of how much fun you will have. 

I also don't understand the hate for Lachappa. He's not my favorite, but he's far from the worst.

Luck is one of the best stats in the game, and he has average luck, combined with high repair, and good stealth makes for a good combo.

 lots of people think speed and Stamina are the only good stats. 

Lachappa is great for people who wanna repair, but also wanna stand and fight Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZiG ZaG said:

Lmao I didnt believe him ether but he said he quit everytime he was Jason and had his preference set as counsler.

Ah I see. LOL. I'm over here reading like "Wut?".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alkavian said:

Ah I see. LOL. I'm over here reading like "Wut?".

haha when he was telling me this I was scratching my head too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dandop1984 said:

I also don't understand the hate for Lachappa. He's not my favorite, but he's far from the worst.

Luck is one of the best stats in the game, and he has average luck, combined with high repair, and good stealth makes for a good combo.

 lots of people think speed and Stamina are the only good stats. 

Lachappa is great for people who wanna repair, but also wanna stand and fight Jason.

Yes. LaChappa is actually better than Deb unless you need a sweater carrier. As a fixer he is more self-sufficient in survival than Deb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

*Looks at poll*

Poor LaChappa. Not easy being the fat nerd lol.

And his outfits suck as well.... :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Archgamer said:

Meh. It's no different from the AJ's that hide in the corner of the woods doing nothing of value. Blame the person not the character.

Kenny is the "red mage" of this game. While he doesn't have a strength, he doesn't have a weakness. I find that he is a good flex option in randoms since nobody likes to work as a team. I can repair with him in 5-6 secs, moderate runner and can get about 3 sometimes 4 swings from the bat. His ability to adapt and get things done is what makes him special.

Exactly. Kenny does have potential. These are the reasons why he is my main guy. There is someone for everyone though. Have fun with whoever you think is your favorite. 

Edited by krttucker2017
Please delete, I double posted I am sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Archgamer said:

Meh. It's no different from the AJ's that hide in the corner of the woods doing nothing of value. Blame the person not the character.

Kenny is the "red mage" of this game. While he doesn't have a strength, he doesn't have a weakness. I find that he is a good flex option in randoms since nobody likes to work as a team. I can repair with him in 5-6 secs, moderate runner and can get about 3 sometimes 4 swings from the bat. His ability to adapt and get things done is what makes him special.

Exactly. Kenny does have potential. These are the reasons why he is my main guy. There is someone for everyone though. Have fun with whoever you think is your favorite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chose Tiffany as my favorite solely because I've had the most entertaining chase sequences when playing as her.

My least favorite would have to be Vanessa, solely because she's so damn loud, like a friggin' wildebeest trudging through the forest. If I see a Vanessa coming towards me, I book it as far away from her possible. Another pick would be LaChappa only because he's like a second-rate Deborah. Anything he can do, Deborah can do equally as well or better it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now