• AJ
    • Deborah
    • Adam
    • Lachappa
    • Chad
    • Vanessa
    • Buggzy
    • Tiffany
  2. 2. Who is your least favourite counsellors?

• Jenny
    • Kenny
    • AJ
    • Deborah
    • Adam
    • Lachappa
    • Chad
    • Vanessa
    • Buggzy
    • Tiffany

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 posts in this topic

Thought I'd start a discussion/poll to find out which counsellors are most and least popular (and why!). Perhaps this can lead on to ideas about future new counsellors.

I can't stand Vanessa because her just being close to any other counselors means Jason is definitely coming your way if he's any good. A guy playing Vanessa got me and some friends killed. We were hiding in the open, admittedly, but Jason had no clue where we were for a good chunk of time. The match is almost over, here comes the guy playing Vanessa (wearing Pamela's sweater no less) and I get killed literally twelve seconds before the match ends.

And of course there are the many times I see someone as Vanessa trying to do repairs while I or others have repair characters who could've finished long ago. Or the ridiculous amount of people as Vanessa I've killed doing boat repairs or trying to fix the phone. I just don't get why anyone would choose a character with the worst repair and then endanger the group by trying to fix shit.

ZooMalfunction likes this

I Rate AJ and Chad as my favorite for boy and girl AJ is a silent Ninja and Chad well I've had the best get aways with him best items I get with him Idk why I just get lucky with Chad. Worst to me is Vanessa I find the majority that play her do it to start trouble and work with Jason or have jason track you down while following you. Also I rarely see la chappa played at all probably because most assume he's slow and can't get around fast enough

Kenny is pointless in my opinion, I've only played him when I was random, he doesn't have a strong stat among the other counselors. I picked Vanessa as my favorite counselor just because you have more chance of staying alive if Jason is chasing you, and you can just juke him if there's not much time left to survive. People have strong dislikes for her but I've gotten more use to her after learning her role. Chad would be my second favorite just because he's Chad, plus he rocks the best outfits.ūü§∑‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

mojitodominic likes this

Loooooooove Vanessa! I fly like a bird taking traps like a businessman in Bangkok. Plus her stun quotes get me hype. "Fuck you" and "AAAARRRRGGGH!" pump me up. Lol, idk, just the way she says it is hype to me.

Haaaaaaaaaaate Lachappa. Can't stand his face or his obese body. His arms and eyes creep me out. Plus the new wave of trolls seem to be repping Chappa.

BoxingRouge and malloymk like this

11 minutes ago, PrettyBoyNick said:

Loooooooove Vanessa! I fly like a bird taking traps like a businessman in Bangkok. Plus her stun quotes get me hype. "Fuck you" and "AAAARRRRGGGH!" pump me up. Lol, idk, just the way she says it is hype to me.

Haaaaaaaaaaate Lachappa. Can't stand his face or his obese body. His arms and eyes creep me out. Plus the new wave of trolls seem to be repping Chappa.

We are exactly opposite. I dislike Vanessa the most and like LaChappa the best.:lol:

My favorite is Tiffany, because even though she's awkward at fitting in, she can be a part-runner/medic, which is what I usually play her as. Plus she can occasionally be a distratipn with her high stamina and speed. (I say occasionally because of her 10/10 Stealth) Least favorite is Vanessa, when you see one come running towards you, you'll know the seven foot zombie that got killed more then once is coming for both y'alls asses.

1 hour ago, Emperiex said:

I can't stand Vanessa because her just being close to any other counselors means Jason is definitely coming your way if he's any good. A guy playing Vanessa got me and some friends killed. We were hiding in the open, admittedly, but Jason had no clue where we were for a good chunk of time. The match is almost over, here comes the guy playing Vanessa (wearing Pamela's sweater no less) and I get killed literally twelve seconds before the match ends.

And of course there are the many times I see someone as Vanessa trying to do repairs while I or others have repair characters who could've finished long ago. Or the ridiculous amount of people as Vanessa I've killed doing boat repairs or trying to fix the phone. I just don't get why anyone would choose a character with the worst repair and then endanger the group by trying to fix shit.

Meh. It's no different from the AJ's that hide in the corner of the woods doing nothing of value. Blame the person not the character.

36 minutes ago, BoxingRouge said:

Kenny is pointless in my opinion, I've only played him when I was random, he doesn't have a strong stat among the other counselors. I picked Vanessa as my favorite counselor just because you have more chance of staying alive if Jason is chasing you, and you can just juke him if there's not much time left to survive. People have strong dislikes for her but I've gotten more use to her after learning her role. Chad would be my second favorite just because he's Chad, plus he rocks the best outfits.ūü§∑‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

Kenny is the "red mage" of this game. While he doesn't have a strength, he doesn't have a weakness. I find that he is a good flex option in randoms since nobody likes to work as a team. I can repair with him in 5-6 secs, moderate runner and can get about 3 sometimes 4 swings from the bat. His ability to adapt and get things done is what makes him special.

I actually do best with Chad so I guess I got to fav him.  It seems wrong somehow when he escapes alive tho.  You know a char like him would die in a horror film, no question.  Least fav is Lachappa, although Kenny and Jenny are close.  All three are kind of lacking anything impressive and I rarely have a good result with them (altho I have had a few fun games as Jenny, just wish her stamina was better). 

I used to mainly play A.J., but I swapped to Deborah for her super quick and easy repairs. Usually the main reason I died as A.J. was because I messed up a repair and Jason turned up, so I swapped to Deborah and I've had a little bit of better luck :) Least favourite is LaChappa purely because of his shite speed and stamina.

BetsyPalmer and Quinn FTW like this

I can't really pick a favorite. I play only on random nowadays and I adjust my playstyle to match the strengths of the characters I get fairly easily. Most of the characters are great when you know how to play them. I voted Chad for the character's RP value and importance of luck. 

There is a character (who's mechanics) I passionately hate, though: AJ.
Stealth is only relevant if it's 9 or over to gain silent jogging (and swimming), in my opinion. This gain is rendered useless for AJ because of her low stamina and speed. She can't cover distances quickly and isn't at all effective in scavenging for parts. Her only redeeming quality is her high repair, but Deborah is a better choice here: she is also bad (silent) runner but at least she has higher luck, and thus, works better as a support character and even as a distraction with her higher durability. AJ's lack of speed (and/or stamina) and luck simply make her a bad choice as a solo character and as a team supporter, in my opinion. 

LadySansaLannister and ZiG ZaG like this

AJ and Chad are the best. Sneaky looting and repairs, and protecting other counselors, are both essential abilities.

LaChappa and Jenny are the worst. Eric's one skill is only marginally better than 3 other counselors who all have much better backup skills. Jenny has no real redeeming qualities at all, but at least she's better at surviving than fatboy.

I used to play as Deborah, but recently switched to Eric.  They both suit my play style in that I think repairing and escaping are the most important. 

I voted for Tiffany even though Vanessa has gotten me killed more times than I can count. Nothing irks me more than some imbecile trying to put in a battery or following me around.

Cpt_Obviuos likes this

I play random as both Counselor and Jason these days.

It usually adds to the rage when people think their Jason got picked, only when they realize it picked the person who picked random lol. I love it. I roll with whatever random picks.

I usually see lobbies full of AJs, Debs and Tiffs along with the occasional Bugs or Vanessa or Chad. I'd say Jenny, Kenny, Adam and Lachappa are the least played characters just because they have such weaknesses that set them apart from everyone else or end up feeling so average compared to the rest without any overpowered stat to set them apart.

I don't mind playing any of them. If Jason tunnels as he does at times, then yes a lot of them have no hope of surviving. I guess it all depends what kind of playstyle you admire more. I admire the person who can do things themselves that doesn't camp constantly (AJ) or loop for 20 minutes (Vanessa). The players that can run, fix, help, hide at times are the best ones. That could be any player playing the counselor though. You can have a great Jenny or a terrible Jenny, a great Bugsy or a troll/bad one, etc.

Vanessa by far is the best character in the game. She can run fast and run for a long time. That added with her having the highest strength for a female counsler makes her the best sweater girl in the game. Stealth is useless in this game. It is the most overated stat, because a good Jason will find you no matter what. Might as well have a more mobile character. Her 6 luck is the reason she can repair as good as Adam. If you got to an objective to repair and keep pressing A, You will notice that eventually your luck will factor into repair and instead of 8-10 ticks, it will only take 5-6 ticks. Not good enough if Jason or a better repair counsler is around but she can solo objectives no problem. 

Worst character is eric hands down. No need to explain.

The Most overrated is AJ. Everyone picks her because of her 10 stealth and high repair. In my honest opinion, she is a terrible character to pick. She isnt mobile and she can't fight. She is meant for playing solo. Playing solo takes the whole purpose out of this game. It is a team game and it takes a group effort to escape or kill Jason.  All though she can repair well, there are other characters in this game that are way more mobile and can repair just as good. If you are tryig to pick a high stealth character and hide, you are most likely terrible at this game and piss all your teammates off. Once Jason finds AJ, she is dead. AJ may work for newbie Jasons but for any half decent or experienced  Jason... AJ will be found and is one of the easiest to kill.

malloymk likes this

9 hours ago, Archgamer said:

Meh. It's no different from the AJ's that hide in the corner of the woods doing nothing of value. Blame the person not the character.

Kenny is the "red mage" of this game. While he doesn't have a strength, he doesn't have a weakness. I find that he is a good flex option in randoms since nobody likes to work as a team. I can repair with him in 5-6 secs, moderate runner and can get about 3 sometimes 4 swings from the bat. His ability to adapt and get things done is what makes him special.

I usually run Vanessa and to your question of doing repairs.

Two things. With her luck you can get it to five tabs on the wheel. Slow but not too bad. Also, alot of times I do repairs because the nerdy counselors just go, "oh man they're trapped. Maybe somebody will just come and tank these traps or use a knife". That wastes more time than me fixing something as Vanessa.

32 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

Vanessa by far is the best character in the game. She can run fast and run for a long time. That added with her having the highest strength for a female counsler makes her the best sweater girl in the game. Stealth is useless in this game. It is the most overated stat, because a good Jason will find you no matter what. Might as well have a more mobile character. Her 6 luck is the reason she can repair as good as Adam. If you got to an objective to repair and keep pressing A, You will notice that eventually your luck will factor into repair and instead of 8-10 ticks, it will only take 5-6 ticks. Not good enough if Jason or a better repair counsler is around but she can solo objectives no problem. 

The Most overrated is AJ. Everyone picks her because of her 10 stealth and high repair. In my honest opinion, she is a terrible character to pick. She isnt mobile and she can't fight. She is meant for playing solo. Playing solo takes the whole purpose out of this game. It is a team game and it takes a group effort to escape or kill Jason.  All though she can repair well, there are other characters in this game that are way more mobile and can repair just as good. If you are tryig to pick a high stealth character and hide, you are most likely terrible at this game and piss all your teammates off. Once Jason finds AJ, she is dead. AJ may work for newbie Jasons but for any half decent or experienced  Jason... AJ will be found and is one of the easiest to kill.

Couldn't have said it better. If you want stealth and repair, run Deb.

ZiG ZaG likes this

My favorite is Jenny.

I like her 10 composure and 8 luck. Her stealth also doesn't make noise if she jogs.

And before someone says "but Composure has limited returns once rage hits?" 

I know, and also disagree. Her composure keeps her from stumbling. I can't stand stumbles. Her map and stamina bar take a long time to disappear, so she's great at tracking Jason, and driving and picking people up. I've also escaped without pocket knives on a frequent basis, especially if I get caught on a hill or small cabin.

Jenny is a good team player and Protector. If you like working as a team and protecting low luck AJ or scared stumbling Lachappa she's great and other stealth councilors should be happy to have her beside them.

Alkavian likes this

5 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

My favorite is Jenny.

I like her 10 composure and 8 luck. Her stealth also doesn't make noise if she jogs.

And before someone says "but Composure has limited returns once rage hits?" 

I know, and also disagree. Her composure keeps her from stumbling. I can't stand stumbles. Her map and stamina bar take a long time to disappear, so she's great at tracking Jason, and driving and picking people up. I've also escaped without pocket knives on a frequent basis, especially if I get caught on a hill or small cabin.

Jenny is a good team player and Protector. If you like working as a team and protecting low luck AJ or scared stumbling Lachappa she's great and other stealth councilors should be happy to have her beside you.

Definitely a underrated and under utilized team character in this game. Alot of people do not know how to play roles though and that is one of the big reasons she is never picked as often as she should be.

Alkavian likes this

Oh come on, Kenny is my man! LaChappa may be great at repairs, but that's about it. Kenny to me is my go to counselor for many reasons, he is average, sure, but he can repair decently and with him I act more as a distraction and a hero, by hero I mean dying a lot lol, but there have been great moments with Kenny for me. I've managed to live as Kenny as well. Show some love for the man in plaid! As for LaChappa, he just can't run! He seemed to be too awkward to play as, for me anyway. There you have it, my most and least favorites.

Czorny likes this

At the moment, my favorite character is Chad due to his speed and high luck. I am experimenting with Jenny at the moment but I do like AJ's character design, repair, composure and stealth. Eric is my least favorite.

1 hour ago, ZiG ZaG said:

I think Vanessa is underrated and I think it stems from bad experiences people have had with others using her. I don't see anyone saying this so I'll say it, Vanessa makes for a great protector. Limiting her to just a runner is limiting her potential. 

Your conclusion that Jason will eventually find you doesn't necessarily mean stealth is useless. I do agree that everyone no matter who you are will eventually be found (assuming the person playing Jason is competent) but noise pings are a factor. Sense will only detect frightened counselors and will only cover so much of the map whereas noise pings aren't limited to distance. What I'm saying is seen constantly in practice. There's a reason why low stealth counselors tend to confront Jason more often and high stealth counselors tend to confront Jason less. I've heard people give AJ the title "the real final girl" due to her more often than not being the last person alive. Even when rage is active, Jason is not going to see a high stealth characters noise pings. When it comes to killing a high stealth character, it has less to do with skill and more to do with priority; simply put, you chase what you can see.  If I know an AJ is in the game but I'm hearing Adams and Buggzys, I'm not going to ignore them to keep trying to figure out what part of the map the AJ is on.

I personally suggest AJ to new players due to her high stealth, composure and oddly enough, her lower stamina. High stealth decreases the chances you will encounter Jason (notice I didn't say gurantee) and her lower stamina helps teach stamina management which I think a lot of new players and even experienced ones lack the ability to do well. I think characters like Vanessa, despite her speed does require more skill to use effectively since you're more like to be encountering Jason. I don't think AJ was meant for playing solo anymore than any other counselor. Also, anyone can fight Jason (assuming the goal isn't to kill) since every weapon has its own stun chance. Contrary to what you may believe, I don't think anyone is picking AJ to hide in a closet but just to take care of business without being detected. Most counselors won't last too long with a determined Jason and I've said this in the past and I'll stick to it, a determined and competent Jason will eventually kill any counselor given the time.

Bigfoot likes this

@1st2Die It depends on how you play. I usually go for killing Jason. In most games, I am almost never encountering Jason on a low stealth character. If he can locate me, he has no chance of getting Vanessa without an 5-6 minute chase.  A decent Jason doesnt find people off the ticks. A defent Jason finds people through objectives. All though it is hard to track AJ.. AJ is usually first to an objective with an objective item. All it takes is one morph to the objective and if AJ doesnt have a teammate, she is dead. She is the most overrated. No doubt about it.