Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZooMalfunction

Rain discussion

6 posts in this topic

Let's talk about the weather!

How and when should rain be incorporated? The only thing we know so far is that it'll be available on every map. Should it be toggleable? Should it be a random event? If so, should it be able to come and go, or last the entire match? Should it change the game mechanics?

Personally, I'm open to it changing mechanics as long as both Jason and the counselors are penalised equally (masks noise pings, but makes the car harder to control, and makes sprinting slower?), but I'm also happy if it's just cosmetic.

I'd also really like it if it only came in as Rage was activated. It'd be a nice atmospheric touch, as well as upping the stakes at a predictable time if it did change mechanics to make strategies consistent, and early escapes more desirable.

In the same manner, I think it should start a lightning storm at 2 minutes less, ramping up the atmosphere, and counselor fear.

1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Let's talk about the weather!

How and when should rain be incorporated? The only thing we know so far is that it'll be available on every map. Should it be toggleable? Should it be a random event? If so, should it be able to come and go, or last the entire match? Should it change the game mechanics?

Personally, I'm open to it changing mechanics as long as both Jason and the counselors are penalised equally (masks noise pings, but makes the car harder to control, and makes sprinting slower?), but I'm also happy if it's just cosmetic.

I'd also really like it if it only came in as Rage was activated. It'd be a nice atmospheric touch, as well as upping the stakes at a predictable time if it did change mechanics to make strategies consistent, and early escapes more desirable.

In the same manner, I think it should start a lightning storm at 2 minutes less, ramping up the atmosphere, and counselor fear.

Well i love rain and if it's well incorpored i'd like it for the entire match but some poeple wouldn't i'd like it to begin when the first person die and become stronger when only one person left 

2 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I'm hoping it's not for the entire match. I honestly like your idea of rain starting when Jason reaches rage, along with lightning storm(IF they are not already connected together) for the final 2 minutes or maybe even the final 5 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, j03audette said:

I'm hoping it's not for the entire match. I honestly like your idea of rain starting when Jason reaches rage, along with lightning storm(IF they are not already connected together) for the final 2 minutes or maybe even the final 5 minutes. 

I just think weather should change at 10 and 18 minutes as those are both stages when the nature of the match changes.

At 10 minutes, Jason of course gets Rage, and at 18, you lose the ability to hear Jason's music (effectively giving him perma-Stalk) and know the match is now more about running the clock down.

I think as a visual signifier of these stages, it'd make a great atmospheric addition also serve a gameplay purpose.

j03audette likes this

I just hope they have wet physics so the clothing and characters look "wet" already a huge eye sore when swimming and you come out dry. Jenny also needs her hair redone. The other girls hair look so much more free flowing and put together, seemed they saved jenny for last and rushed.