Yoda

Jason Part 4 Theories?

119 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

No he doesn't.

This is a game, not a simulator. Nods are fine enough for source loyalty.

Outright wrecking balance and mechanics just to satisfy niche purists would be insane.

How would Jason being able to run faster WITH a stamina bar and a horrible shift AND sense wreck the balance? 

It would wreck the playing style of counselors who casually jog away from Jason as if hes not a threat, it would wreck the play style of counselors who play ring around the rosie around cars and furniture because they would no longer be able to do it.

It would force counselors to sprint as fast as they can when they see Jason instead of casually moving about.

The whole shift, grab, morph thing is getting old and its a requirement to catch a counselor for every single Jason, Jason shouldnt have to rely on this things as much as he does just to catch a counselor, thats crazy. 

You wanna talk about balance?? How about when you spawn at a cabim that has the gas, battery, keys, and the car is right across the road, and Jason doesnt even have his shift yet?? Happened to me twice as a counselor. Its already easy as pie escaping Jason, hes not a threat because hes so darn slow, i have for the past 2 weeks REFUSED to escape especially by police and instead opted to stay and fight Jason because escaping is way too easy

1 hour ago, Andre said:

How would Jason being able to run faster WITH a stamina bar and a horrible shift AND sense wreck the balance? 

It would wreck the playing style of counselors who casually jog away from Jason as if hes not a threat, it would wreck the play style of counselors who play ring around the rosie around cars and furniture because they would no longer be able to do it.

It would force counselors to sprint as fast as they can when they see Jason instead of casually moving about.

Giving one Jason out of any of them an entirely unique mechanic that the others don't have like a stamina bar or whatnot isn't within the design intentions of the game. The intended design is that every Jason is unique but similar enough that the casual player can quickly figure out how to play against them.

Counselors jogging away from Jason isn't casual, it's stamina management. Stamina is valuable and if one of the Jasons could force counselors to expend it much faster than others then that's just going to be the best Jason bar none.

The whole shift, grab, morph thing is getting old and its a requirement to catch a counselor for every single Jason, Jason shouldnt have to rely on this things as much as he does just to catch a counselor, thats crazy. 

You wanna talk about balance?? How about when you spawn at a cabim that has the gas, battery, keys, and the car is right across the road, and Jason doesnt even have his shift yet?? Happened to me twice as a counselor. Its already easy as pie escaping Jason, hes not a threat because hes so darn slow, i have for the past 2 weeks REFUSED to escape especially by police and instead opted to stay and fight Jason because escaping is way too easy

The shift grab morph stuff doesn't need a wrench thrown in it like an entirely new thing like sprint for Jason. They could tweak those things in minor ways but I don't think it needs anything new.

As for the latter case that's just a case of item spawns needing some work. That's not Jason's fault, but spawn points being a bit too forgiving in a few cases.

So basically you feel as tho EVERY single Jason should more or less rely on thd same tactic in order to catch and kill counselors?

Well I for one think that is not only apart of whats BORING about this game its also small minded thinking and unimaginative, like I said each Jason should have different tactics and counselors SHOULD have to find different ways to defeat and evade different Jasons not using the same old run of the mill tactics and thats for both Jasons and counselors, alot of complaining and wanting things to stay the same is whats holding this game back from reaching its full potential as what I would say is one of the enjoyable games ever.  

- The removal of team killing was a horiible idea

- nerfing Part 4 Jason's speed (yes Ronnie just responded to my tweet and confirmed unfortunately) Part 4 Jason will NOT sprint but "run" (slowly jog) like 2 and 3, this is the biggest nerf ever, even worst than the window thing I mean come on!!! Does the balance of this game really rely that much on Jason being slow as molasses?? Is it impossible for Gun Media and illfonic to come up with another weakness and tactic for Jason besides making him run at 0.000001 miles per hour??? This is very frustrating.

Its frustrating because it would not take anything to give the guy a stamina bar, make his shift extremely weak, make his sense weak as well, this would add something different to the game, iy would give people a reason to want to lay as Part 4 besides a cool design, nostalgia, and great kills. Smh I dont know I just want this game to be great but if decisions like this keep being made idk

Screenshot_20170913-221438.png

On 9/9/2017 at 11:05 PM, TheReaper666 said:

He needs to be able to sprint imo and have a stamina bar like the counselors do, to make him completely different than the other Jasons and he should have low morph and shift abilities, lower than any other Jason to balance him out due to his sprinting ability imo. 

Reaper666 bro, Im SOOOO dissappointed right now I wanna cry, they NERFED PART 4 JASON

20170913_231704.png

6 minutes ago, Andre said:

Reaper666 bro, Im SOOOO dissappointed right now I wanna cry, they NERFED PART 4 JASON

20170913_231704.png

They didn't nerf part 4, as he never existed outside of a movie form, until this game. 

Ted white never ran any faster than Trish, so what you're asking for doesn't actually make any sense. And why should he get special treatment to make him sprint like a counselor? Other fans would then be asking for part 2 and 3 to get the same treatment.

Jasons current jogging speed isn't much slower than Lachappa's Jog, this would be game breaking, and would require an overhaul of all stats and even Cabin layouts. 

3 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

I can't seem to post a instagram link? Just search for Ronnie Hobbs on instagram. Send him a friend request.

Basically he said if J4 sprinted, it would break the balance of the game.

So he will jog just like J2 and J3

THats fucking bullshit and a big fuck you to the fans.

Just now, dandop1984 said:

They didn't nerf part 4, as he never existed outside of a movie form, until this game. 

Ted white never ran any faster than Trish, so what you're asking for doesn't actually make any sense. And why should he get special treatment to make him sprint like a counselor? Other fans would then be asking for part 2 and 3 to get the same treatment.

Jasons current jogging speed isn't much slower than Lachappa's Jog, this would be game breaking, and would require an overhaul of all stats and even Cabin layouts. 

Your explaination is retarded bruh Im sorry, a "overhaul of all stats and even cabin layouts"? For Fing WHAT bruh, change the layouts of the cabins so what? So counselors can get to them quicker?? No they are fine the way they are, does Jason's abilities recharge faster on the smaller maps, ding dong, O think not, point is, if your only reason for surviving is because the devs made Jason into a turtle Im sure you WOULDNT want to play against a fast Jason cause you would surely lose from lack of skill. 

And Jason did so run Faster than Trish which is why he caught up to her, ""I seen that movoe 20 goddamn times!!"" 

Just now, Blackbird68 said:

THats fucking bullshit and a big fuck you to the fans.

It really is, Im incredibly fed up with this, im still gonna play because I have no other Jason game to play but I wish they could find a variety of ways to make this game work instead of making all Jasons slowpokes, I see now why the reboot Jason isnt in the game, more to it than rights.

I mean really how hard would it be to allow part 4 to be fast like how he is, but give him another weakness?? A bad shift? A really weak sense? As of now the Jasons all suffer from not being able to CATCH the counselors, lets add some variety, how about a Jason that has no problem CATCHING the counselors but FINDING them (a horrible sense ability), smh

TheReaper666 likes this

2 hours ago, Andre said:

Somebody obviously bought this game to play as Jason . If it's easy for you to escape Jason ...then you're playing against a crappy Jason...

There's no excuse for anyone calling the cops in the first 30 seconds.The first thing any Jason with common sense should do is trap the phone.

And no your Jason isn't getting a full Vanessa or even Kenny style sprint without getting a huge downside with it.

10 minutes ago, Andre said:

Your explaination is retarded bruh Im sorry, a "overhaul of all stats and even cabin layouts"? For Fing WHAT bruh, change the layouts of the cabins so what? So counselors can get to them quicker?? No they are fine the way they are, does Jason's abilities recharge faster on the smaller maps, ding dong, O think not, point is, if your only reason for surviving is because the devs made Jason into a turtle Im sure you WOULDNT want to play against a fast Jason cause you would surely lose from lack of skill. 

And Jason did so run Faster than Trish which is why he caught up to her, ""I seen that movoe 20 goddamn times!!"" 

Well sorry, but I'd trust the developers opinion on the matter, as they have put a lot of thought, work, and tests in the whole balance of the game. Just look up old interviews of them discussing the balance.

No Jason did not run faster than Trish. Trish just ran outta stamina going up the stairs, Jason grabbed at her feet, but she broke away due to her high Composure, and her high luck gave her a Stamina boost 😄

Ive seen the movie 21 goddamn times.

Alkavian, Nomadder and A.J. Mason like this

46 minutes ago, Andre said:

So basically you feel as tho EVERY single Jason should more or less rely on thd same tactic in order to catch and kill counselors?

No it's not about every Jason using the same tactic, I think it's about counselor players having consistency in what to expect in every match. If one or more Jasons were radically different from the others then it would throw a wrench into how the whole system is built.

I also have seen their PAX panels from years past and they said they tried tons of different gameplay mechanics. They tried having Jason sprint, having tunnels and stuff, and none of those ideas were fun to play.

8 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Well sorry, but I'd trust the developers opinion on the matter, as they have put a lot of thought, work, and tests in the whole balance of the game. Just look up old interviews of them discussing the balance.

No Jason did not run faster than Trish. Trish just ran outta stamina going up the stairs, Jason grabbed at her feet, but she broke away due to her high Composure, and her high luck gave her a Stamina boost 😄

Ive seen the movie 21 goddamn times.

I could careless who you trust I dont know you and you dont know me, so I would trust that you wouldnt trust a stranger, that includes me and the devs..

Now back to the topic at hand, first of all Jason did catch her because he got his hands on her but lose control due to "Grip Strength", second of all Jason may not have outran Trish, but she didnt outrun him either, he kept pace and caught up to her which is nearlt impossible to due in the game due to Jason's incredibly slow speed, Jason in the game could never keep pace with Jenny, Tiffany, Deborah, AJ, amd certainly not Vanessa, he would be left still at Packanack Lodge while either of these women would be at Flat Rock...

The point is there is no reason Part 4 Jason should be that slow, I understand 2 and 3 because theyve always been slow and clumsy but Part 4, heck no

And if the core or the game and its balance relies soley on Jason being slow then not very much thought went into the games core play now did it? Of course not because in their recent interview at PAX West they said the game in its current form (minus appearance and title) was exactly the same game as 4 years ago when it was '"Summer Camp"

Now with that being said this game is being held back, the removal of team killing is pushing people away, and nerfing Jason is going to push more people away, there are many weakness you could give a fast Jason, not all Jasons should have to play with the weakness of not beinf able to catch a darn old sick turtle

We could have Jasons who have trouble CATCHING counselors, like all the Jasons currently in the game

We could have Jasons who have trouble FINDING counselors (a horrible sense or maybe no sense)

And we could have Jasons who are very easily killed and have trouble DEFENDING themselves, there are a variety of advantages and dissadvantges you could give Jason that would force counselors to use a variety of different skills besides "oh look at me, Jason you cant catch me while I casually jog away", that gets old and boring really fast

28 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

Somebody obviously bought this game to play as Jason . If it's easy for you to escape Jason ...then you're playing against a crappy Jason...

There's no excuse for anyone calling the cops in the first 30 seconds.The first thing any Jason with common sense should do is trap the phone.

And no your Jason isn't getting a full Vanessa or even Kenny style sprint without getting a huge downside with it.

"Somebody obviously bought this game to play as Jason . If it's easy for you to escape Jason ...then you're playing against a crappy Jason..."

Uuuuuuhhhhhh, yeah I been watching Jason since I was a little tiny boy I love Jason, why wouldnt I jump at the chance to play an immortal superstrong monster that can punch peoples heads off???

Tf you think I spent $40 to search thru drawers, drive a a horrible car, and hop in a raggedy boat?? Lmao please if thats why you spent $40 one this game tgen more power to you honey

Seriously they are gonna make Jason part 4 like the other two?! That's bullshit period we waited so long for him we were hyped that he would be a beast and they are going to let us down like this? Fuck you gun media seriously this will cause backlash we want a different Jason not the same shit

While I'm glad they have some idea of balance for how things should go, does it really hold any water? You have Savini who is undoubtedly the best. I actually don't mind him being so good and I don't even have him. You have part 6 and 8 which are two of the best if not the best Jasons outside of Savini. Then you have part 7 who is agreed by mostly everyone to be the worst. There's clearly good and outright bad Jasons already. Savini Jason was a reward for backers, which is cool, but he clearly has the best pros and the least damaging negatives. This was a conscious decision to reward early backers who gave them their support, so they most certainly know which skills give Jason good advantages. You have Jason 7 whose strengths are near useless and whose weaknesses are extremely damning to his poor strengths. So, I dunno, GunMedia. Either care about balance or don't. Seems like you're playing both sides. 

33 minutes ago, Andre said:

I could careless 

Why do Americans say this?

If you could care less then you can care just a bit still, our British I can't care less makes more sense, means we really can't care anymore than less meaning no more care given.

13 minutes ago, Dandan10 said:

Why do Americans say this?

If you could care less then you can care just a bit still, our British I can't care less makes more sense, means we really can't care anymore than less meaning no more care given.

Who gives a doodoo, I could care less, I JUST WANT MY FAST JASON DARN IT!!!! IM SOOOO ANGRY RIGHT NOW I CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE NERFING PART 4  JASON AAAHABABABABA!!!!

Just now, Andre said:

Who gives a doodoo, I could care less, I JUST WANT MY FAST JASON DARN IT!!!! IM SOOOO ANGRY RIGHT NOW I CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE NERFING PART 4 JASOM AAAHABABABABA!!!!

So you do care then just a bit lol, and you can't nerf something that isn't out, they did say he'd run anywhere, I think a big old lumbering guy half decayed running fast would be stupid, your lucky he can still jog since he's almost dead from an axe to head, look at him unmasked he's blue hued

19 hours ago, Blackbird68 said:

Seriously they are gonna make Jason part 4 like the other two?! That's bullshit period we waited so long for him we were hyped that he would be a beast and they are going to let us down like this? Fuck you gun media seriously this will cause backlash we want a different Jason not the same shit

Im literally about to cry over here, I waited forever 4 Part 4, prying that I would one day have a chance to utilize his ferocious speed and now this....he'll be slow just like annoying 2 and 3, and we'll STILL have to rely on shifting to catch anyone...boring and old, and incredibly inaccurate

18 hours ago, Dandan10 said:

So you do care then just a bit lol, and you can't nerf something that isn't out, they did say he'd run anywhere, I think a big old lumbering guy half decayed running fast would be stupid, your lucky he can still jog since he's almost dead from an axe to head, look at him unmasked he's blue hued

How am I lucky he can still jog? DID YOU NOT SEE THE FILM?? Jason ran at full speed after Trish, hes faster than half the counselors on this game and he camt even use his speed???? Thats nerfing honey

3 minutes ago, Andre said:

Im literally about to cry over here, I waited forever 4 Part 4, prying that I would one day have a chance to utilize his ferocious speed and now this....he'll be slow just like annoying 2 and 3, and we'll STILL have to rely on shifting to catch anyone...boring and old, and incredibly inaccurate

I have jogged many councilors down once they ran out of stamina, also shift is just like a super fast run on a cool down LIKE STAMINA anyway

4 minutes ago, Dandan10 said:

Like I'am really truly upset about this, like I feel like Im about to explode, I think Im bout to explode, Im about to explode....im exploding right now OH MY GGGGGGGOOOOOODDdDD I WANT MY FAST JASOOOOOOON!!! OMG

3 minutes ago, Andre said:

How am I lucky he can still jog? DID YOU NOT SEE THE FILM?? Jason ran at full speed after Trish, hes faster than half the counselors on this game and he camt even use his speed???? Thats nerfing honey

Yeah because we see Jason vanish and speed away or teleport away in the films too don't we and yes he runs once that's a quick burst of speed once!

Just now, Dandan10 said:

Yeah because we see Jason vanish and speed away or teleport away in the films too don't we and yes he runs once that's a quick burst of speed once!

Listen I dont need ur bullcrap righr now Im having an emotional breakdown ok, and doesnt matter once is enough to make it canon, and it came out of veteran stuntman Ted White's own mouth, "I wanted to play Jason different then what had come before, I didnt want him to be a clumsey fool, I wanted him to be fast and threatening" Part 4 in the game should reflect this, now Part 4 without his speed giving to him by Ted White, HE WILL be just another Part 3, the version of Jason Ted White tried so desperately to seperate his Jason from smh this is wrong and lazy 

4 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

No he doesn't.

This is a game, not a simulator. Nods are fine enough for source loyalty.

Outright wrecking balance and mechanics just to satisfy niche purists would be insane.

I agree. Saying part 4 needs to be faster than the others would be like saying part 2 needs to be able to jump through windows. Hell, part 4 would need to be able to jump through windows as well. 

20 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

Ted white never ran any faster than Trish, so what you're asking for doesn't actually make any sense. And why should he get special treatment to make him sprint like a counselor? 

Ted White actually ran faster than Trish which is why he was able to catch up to her the "running" 2 and 3 do in the game is pretty accurate to their film portrayals but not for Part 4 Jason go back and watch the movie dear, Ted White was moving faster than Trish and way faster than 2 and 3 Jason in both the game and movie, sorry I know these movies like the back of my hand

18 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

I agree. Saying part 4 needs to be faster than the others would be like saying part 2 needs to be able to jump through windows. Hell, part 4 would need to be able to jump through windows as well. 

And they should be able to jump thru windows when in Rage, and snatch counselors out, dont like it, git gud, the game is WAY to easy for counselors now and limiting for Jason as it is