Yoda

Jason Part 4 Theories?

119 posts in this topic

In a Roy topic, someone mentioned Fear+ as an awesome unique ability.

Imagine Part 4 generates Fear twice as fast. That's an ability than can really screw counselors (loss of map, low stamina) but needs an effective, close-range strategy to get the most from.

How about:

Can Run

Destruction

Terror (Double Fear generation)

-Shift

-Morph

-HP (as he dies in the film)

You'd have a really poor long-range Jason, but a real monster up close, as he'd utterly ruin and prevent regens of counselor Stamina like nobody else.

Fear+ would also be a great counter for teams mobbing him, as after a short while they'd all be feared out.

Tommy86 and dandop1984 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 4:00 PM, Yoda said:

What're your theories for the new Jason in the upcoming update? Such as the new custom kills, his strengths, weaknesses etc.

I hope his strengths are:

+Can Run (most likely will)

+Destruction

+Shift

His weaknesses could be:

-Grip strength (part 4 actor was less bulky than 3)

-Morph

-Stun resistance

His weapon kills could be using a meat cleaver and lodging it into the counselor's face (poor crispin glover), and slitting the counselor's throat and twisting it a full 180.

I don't think it fair to give new Jasons two fantastic abilities, destruction and shift, while leaving Jason 7 in the horrid state that he's currently in. Though I guess Gun and Illfonic have gone 4 months without ever saying anything about Jason 7 and his obvious poorly chosen stats, so it's possible they think he's the bees knees. I would not be surprised, honestly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came up with the fear idea @ZooMalfunction. Would 2x fear generation be OP? I was thinking along the lines of 30-50% more instead of 2x but I didn't program the game so whatever works. My topic on Jasons has the full rundown of what I think of him, but if I had to limit it to 3 pros and cons it would be this:

Part 4
Strengths

  • +Can Run - Self-explanatory.
  • +Stalk - This Jason can remain in "Stalk" longer than others. Can Run silently.
  • +Fear - This Jason raises counselor fear more than others.

Weaknesses

  • -Less Hit Points - This Jason has lower HP than other Jasons.
  • -Traps - This Jason only has 3 traps to use.
  • -Grip Strength - Counselors can break free from this Jason's grasp faster than others.

 

@Revolt Frenzy Actually Jasons without a plus to destruction take 6 hits to destroy doors. But I do think they should change it to Plus 3, Normal 5, Minus 7, to allow for destruction to be a weakness.

ZooMalfunction and tyrant666 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I came up with the fear idea @ZooMalfunction. Would 2x fear generation be OP? I was thinking along the lines of 30-50% more but I didn't program the game so whatever works. My topic on Jasons has the full rundown of what I think of him, but if I had to limit it to 3 pros and cons it would be this:

Part 4
Strengths

  • +Can Run - Self-explanatory.
  • +Stalk - This Jason can remain in "Stalk" longer than others. Can Run silently.
  • +Fear - This Jason raises counselor fear more than others.

Weaknesses

  • -Less Hit Points - This Jason has lower HP than other Jasons.
  • -Traps - This Jason only has 3 traps to use.
  • -Grip Strength - Counselors can break free from this Jason's grasp faster than others.

 

@Revolt Frenzy Actually Jasons without a plus to destruction take 6 hits to destroy doors. But I do think they should change it to Plus 3, Normal 5, Minus 7, to allow for destruction to be a weakness.

If these stats were true, Trish would have 20/10 of composure.

Edited by NoOneK9503
I gived up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shadwell said:

Should we theorize whether or not this Jason will be free DLC or paid DLC, since it is apparently against the moderators' discretion for us to simply ask the question?

They have already said that the new jason and new map would be free. The only paid dlc so far that is being offered at some point is the swimsuit dlc. Even single player is free. But on topic 

+can run

+stalk

+destruction

-shift

-hit points

-stun resistance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

They have already said that the new jason and new map would be free. The only paid dlc so far that is being offered at some point is the swimsuit dlc.

Can you provide a link to where they have stated that Jason IV would be free? I'm not claiming they haven't, but I have not seen it anywhere. I know they stated that maps would always be free, but I have not seen a similar statement about Jasons.

NoOneK9503 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shadwell said:

Can you provide a link to where they have stated that Jason IV would be free? I'm not claiming they haven't, but I have not seen it anywhere. I know they stated that maps would always be free, but I have not seen a similar statement about Jasons.

 

Shadwell likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I came up with the fear idea @ZooMalfunction. Would 2x fear generation be OP? I was thinking along the lines of 30-50% more instead of 2x but I didn't program the game so whatever works.

I think Fear+ is an excellent idea. It's actually the only forum-made ability I like, as Fear is the only game mechanic I can currently think of that Jason doesn't get a perk modifier for.

I think a Fear+ ability would add a really cool and different vibe to matches, and force both counselors and Jasons to play differently with and versus someone with it, as it only works in proximity and if Jason is visible.

It'd promote an entirely different style than stalk-shifting, which is why I'd pair it with Destruction for a real in-your-face, stamina wrecking Jason, and it'd also be a good counter to teams that like to gang up on Jason, as they'd find it much harder to coordinate when feared out.

Also, as you say, the % could easily be fine tuned to make sure it wasn't too powerful or too weak. And you have three slots to give him negatives to any or all of the holy trinity of Shift/Morph/Traps if he needed further balancing.

Paging @Gertz for visibility for @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow's idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronnie replied to an instagram comment and confirmed J4 would jog, but not sprint, like some people hoped for. 

So it seems his speed should be identical to J2 and J3

ZooMalfunction likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

I think Fear+ is an excellent idea. It's actually the only forum-made ability I like, as Fear is the only game mechanic I can currently think of that Jason doesn't get a perk modifier for.

I think a Fear+ ability would add a really cool and different vibe to matches, and force both counselors and Jasons to play differently with and versus someone with it, as it only works in proximity and if Jason is visible.

It'd promote an entirely different style than stalk-shifting, which is why I'd pair it with Destruction for a real in-your-face, stamina wrecking Jason, and it'd also be a good counter to teams that like to gang up on Jason, as they'd find it much harder to coordinate when feared out.

Also, as you say, the % could easily be fine tuned to make sure it wasn't too powerful or too weak. And you have three slots to give him negatives to any or all of the holy trinity of Shift/Morph/Traps if he needed further balancing.

Paging @Gertz for visibility for @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow's idea!

I think an ability that builds Rage faster would be cool for Jason 7. Give him water speed, +traps, and Enrage, and he'd be a force to be reckoned with. That is if any of Jasons abilities worked period, though since rage is kind of like a usable ability it may actually work unlike the other passive sort of abilities like stun resistance. 

For Jason 4 I've never seen the film but I think every Jason should have at least one really good skill that you can build his style around, and one negative that keeps them from being crazy outside of Savini because Savini. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 11:05 PM, TheReaper666 said:

He needs to be able to sprint imo and have a stamina bar like the counselors do, to make him completely different than the other Jasons and he should have low morph and shift abilities, lower than any other Jason to balance him out due to his sprinting ability imo. 

I like these ideas. Just not on Part IV Jason. I'd rather see it used on Part V Jason(if/when we get him).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

 

doesnt say if part 4 is free or not but i do like how its saying Retro jason will be reworked into a real Jason and not a skin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ghost Rider Vorhees said:

I like these ideas. Just not on Part IV Jason. I'd rather see it used on Part V Jason(if/when we get him).

Fun fact. The first movie where Jason just "walks" is Part V (of course we know it's not Jason). Jog/Run shouldn't even be an option for Roy. He simply didn't do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Fun fact. The first movie where Jason just "walks" is Part V (of course we know it's not Jason). Jog/Run shouldn't even be an option for Roy. He simply didn't do it.

Roy should have Uber morph because he literally pops up wherever the person is right away, how he does it I don't know.

As for naysayers about Roy being human don't forget Jason can possess people, you can easily say Roy was possessed by him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dandan10 said:

Roy should have Uber morph because he literally pops up wherever the person is right away, how he does it I don't know.

As for naysayers about Roy being human don't forget Jason can possess people, you can easily say Roy was possessed by him.

Please for the love of God stop giving props to part 9....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 9:52 PM, Blackbird68 said:

When you guys say run do you actually mean jog like part 3 and 2 or actually sprint run?

He must be able to sprint just like he did in the final chase scene with Trish, Part 4 Jason was incredibly fast while the jog fits 2 and 3, it would be inaccurate if 4 jogged because he didnt, he ran FULL speed thanks to Ted White who made a conscious decision to play Jason as a faster killer instead of "clumsy"

NytmereZ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

Ronnie replied to an instagram comment and confirmed J4 would jog, but not sprint, like some people hoped for. 

So it seems his speed should be identical to J2 and J3

Omg thats horrible do you have a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Andre said:

He must be able to sprint just like he did in the final chase scene with Trish, Part 4 Jason was incredibly fast while the jog fits 2 and 3, it would be inaccurate if 4 jogged because he didnt, he ran FULL speed thanks to Ted White who made a conscious decision to play Jason as a faster killer instead of "clumsy"

If they have sprint to Part 4 then he'd need a huge weakness like no traps or super long shift cooldown(like double part 3/7 cooldown). The jog is good enough for the gameplay mechanics this game is founded upon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If they have sprint to Part 4 then he'd need a huge weakness like no traps or super long shift cooldown(like double part 3/7 cooldown). The jog is good enough for the gameplay mechanics this game is founded upon.

Nope, he needs to play much different than all the other Jasons especially 2 and 3, he was much faster and different than they were and to only give him that jog 2 and 3 do would be the biggest nerf in the game, have you seen the movie, this dude was booking it, if you need balance give him a stamina, make his shift and sense very weak, but he has to be fast on land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Andre said:

Omg thats horrible do you have a link?

I can't seem to post a instagram link? Just search for Ronnie Hobbs on instagram. Send him a friend request.

Basically he said if J4 sprinted, it would break the balance of the game.

So he will jog just like J2 and J3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dandop1984 said:

I can't seem to post a instagram link? Just search for Ronnie Hobbs on instagram. Send him a friend request.

Basically he said if J4 sprinted, it would break the balance of the game.

So he will jog just like J2 and J3

 

I just read that and I really hope they reconsider, it would be really horrible if they nerfed part 4's iconic speed down to 2 and 3's level smh, and  ot only that he would play very similar to the other Jasons, what would be new? Besides his appearance, it was Part4's behavior that made him unique, his speed and aggression, there are plenty of ways to balance his speed, give him a stamina bar, make his shift weak, make his sense horrible, like come on now, every Jason shouldnt have to be slow as molasses, how would they work the 2009 Jason into the game if they had his rights??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andre said:

Nope, he needs to play much different than all the other Jasons especially 2 and 3, he was much faster and different than they were and to only give him that jog 2 and 3 do would be the biggest nerf in the game, have you seen the movie, this dude was booking it, if you need balance give him a stamina, make his shift and sense very weak, but he has to be fast on land

No he doesn't.

This is a game, not a simulator. Nods are fine enough for source loyalty.

Outright wrecking balance and mechanics just to satisfy niche purists would be insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now