Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sikboy1029

"I'm recording this" Bans need a PSA

12 posts in this topic

Holy moly can we get a PSA telling players that people aren't going to get banned for glitches or for not wanting to sacrifice yourself to save others at the car. I hear it like every day, I don't believe it's ever been directed at me but it is extremely lame "I'm recording this and I'm going to report it" I've explained that hacks and exploits are top priority but I doubt they listen, I can't imagine everything Gun/Illfonic have to sift through right now.

9 hours ago, Sikboy1029 said:

people aren't going to get banned for glitches

People DO get banned for glitches.

Because a glitch happens that they have zero control over? Think about it, that would be like getting banned for knocking Jason out of the map when you hit him.

I believe @BetsyPalmer is talking about people that abuse known glitches, like the Packanack roof glitch from two patches ago.

1 person likes this

On 9/9/2017 at 9:10 AM, BetsyPalmer said:

People DO get banned for glitches.

They get ban for exploiting glitches not for having a glitch happen to them

17 hours ago, Tekdrudge said:

I believe @BetsyPalmer is talking about people that abuse known glitches, like the Packanack roof glitch from two patches ago.

Exactly, thank you.

4 hours ago, William Shatner said:

They get ban for exploiting glitches not for having a glitch happen to them

I wasn't talking about a glitch happening to them. LOL.

On 9/9/2017 at 2:58 PM, Sikboy1029 said:

Because a glitch happens that they have zero control over? Think about it, that would be like getting banned for knocking Jason out of the map when you hit him.

You should have clarified that you were distinguishing a difference between glitches and exploits. It is often considered the same thing.

We ban deliberate exploits. We review everything to ensure bans aren't enacted unless we are 100% sure. 

1 person likes this

That's good to hear @GunMedia_Ben I still feel for whomever has to sort through all of it, just yesterday a friend on Steam got out of Jasons grip due to a firecracker stun and was getting "reported" I feel like I should send you guys some Advil

1 person likes this

The kids who get banned are the ones who deliberately break the terms of service non stop and especially the ones who verbally attack people! Trust me I know and it works ... after I warned this kid over and over and he verbally attacked my email I finally shot gun and email and got him banned!  But then the kid came back at me because I got him banned he trolled my psn email with over 500 emails and he created 3 new accounts I had to block them all! I think his last message was "go kill yourself faggot"

my mistake was I should of never let the kid know who I was ... so heads up ;)

On 9/10/2017 at 4:33 PM, Tekdrudge said:

This