98 replies to this topic

damnenchiladas

damnenchiladas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Where abouts is this being filmed? looking at the trailer it looks perfect for a F13 location

Southern California, San Bernadino Nation Forest. Exact details will be withheld until we finish. Once we do wrap, we are going to release a map for people to visit the set. 

Part of the deal we made with the locals is that we would fix the camp up after we wrap. We've already made it 1000x better than when we found it. Broken glass. Exposed nails. About 10 tons of rat shit. Obviously, we left up the remaining glass for dramatic effect, but we are going to clear it all out after. 

Our goal is to leave as much of the set intact as we can so people can visit, have a picnic, and not die of the plague. My brothers and I have actually stayed over night at the camp in the main hall. It's a fucking SPOOKY place at night let me tell you, but over time it's become a second home. 

• Davidt and DamonD7 like this

damnenchiladas-sig01.jpg

Check out my upcoming short film NEVER HIKE ALONEhttps://youtu.be/HZZzRf3JPSU

damnenchiladas

damnenchiladas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

If you guys want to hear more about the project, check out an interview I did with Modern Horrors

damnenchiladas-sig01.jpg

Ja1862

Ja1862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Awesome job dude!
  • damnenchiladas likes this

Redcat345

Redcat345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

This is going to be amazing! I can't wait for this to come out! I hope that you will make a prequel that shows the Pamela Voorhees incident on Friday the 13th at the camp. I loved the opening flashback footage.

16473093_1250243108392793_22852703693095

damnenchiladas

damnenchiladas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

This is going to be amazing! I can't wait for this to come out! I hope that you will make a prequel that shows the Pamela Voorhees incident on Friday the 13th at the camp. I loved the opening flashback footage.

Thank you for the kind words Redcat. Funny you should mention that, I would actually love to do that. 

From my time surfing various message boards and talking to other fans over the years, I know very well that the desire for a new film about Pamela is there. However, also knowing the way things work behind the scenes, I can tell you that trying to convince a studio to spend 20 million on a Pamela film would be an impossible challenge.

However, I believe that an episodic internet series with a modest budget could fill that gap for fans. Content not skewed by the need to lure mass audiences, but rather designed for fans of the series by fans of the series who have been waiting patiently for a long time. 

So yeah, I'd love to make some episodic shorts about Pamela and young Jason. The events that lead to his drowning. Her decent into madness. That story can be engaging, heart breaking, and most of all, terrifying.

Let me ask. If F13th backed an episodic mini-series about F13th that released online similar to a show on netflix of amazon, would you watch it? 

damnenchiladas-sig01.jpg

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • Location***
Id love a series like The Walking Dead that started the season in the 70s showing Pamela and young Jason, and by season 7 you have final chapter Jason, leading all the way to Kanes version eventually. All the "lost" victims and things Jason went through. His father could even be introduced at some point.

Redcat345

Redcat345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Thank you for the kind words Redcat. Funny you should mention that, I would actually love to do that. 

From my time surfing various message boards and talking to other fans over the years, I know very well that the desire for a new film about Pamela is there. However, also knowing the way things work behind the scenes, I can tell you that trying to convince a studio to spend 20 million on a Pamela film would be an impossible challenge.

However, I believe that an episodic internet series with a modest budget could fill that gap for fans. Content not skewed by the need to lure mass audiences, but rather designed for fans of the series by fans of the series who have been waiting patiently for a long time. 

So yeah, I'd love to make some episodic shorts about Pamela and young Jason. The events that lead to his drowning. Her decent into madness. That story can be engaging, heart breaking, and most of all, terrifying.

Let me ask. If F13th backed an episodic mini-series about F13th that released online similar to a show on netflix of amazon, would you watch it? 

Yes. I want to see what led up to that news coverage. Also what did the female reporter say in the news report? The audio was blocked and I could not tell if it said "as reported by the last survivor" or  "was beheaded by the last survivor"

damnenchiladas

damnenchiladas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Yes. I want to see what led up to that news coverage. Also what did the female reporter say in the news report? The audio was blocked and I could not tell if it said "as reported by the last survivor" or  "was beheaded by the last survivor"

"Beheaded by the lone survivor."

Well, I have a lot of it figured out, even down to a moment where we watch Steve Christy make that shitty TV commercial too. lol. 

damnenchiladas-sig01.jpg

damnenchiladas

damnenchiladas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

New 30 Second Teaser. Enjoy. 

• DamonD7 likes this

damnenchiladas-sig01.jpg

damnenchiladas

damnenchiladas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Hey Everyone - 

Just a reminder that the Never Hike Alone Kickstarter has just 10 days left! We just crossed $10K and only need to reach $13K! 

With the recent news about F13th getting delayed / canceled again, please help us reach our goal so we can show Paramount that fans want Jason back on the screen!!!! 

You can back the project HERE

16388420_293096301105150_594183949016510

damnenchiladas-sig01.jpg

Redcat345

Redcat345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Southern California, San Bernadino Nation Forest. Exact details will be withheld until we finish. Once we do wrap, we are going to release a map for people to visit the set. 

Part of the deal we made with the locals is that we would fix the camp up after we wrap. We've already made it 1000x better than when we found it. Broken glass. Exposed nails. About 10 tons of rat shit. Obviously, we left up the remaining glass for dramatic effect, but we are going to clear it all out after. 

Our goal is to leave as much of the set intact as we can so people can visit, have a picnic, and not die of the plague. My brothers and I have actually stayed over night at the camp in the main hall. It's a fucking SPOOKY place at night let me tell you, but over time it's become a second home. 

Please give us the backstory of the real camp and why it closed once you release the map. I'd like to know why such a cool looking place was shut down.

CrazyRalph

CrazyRalph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts
  • Location***
@damnenchiladas congrats! You guys got your goal! Finally at least we get SOME Jason to watch! Screw u Paramount!

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
Congrats on reaching your goal! Can't wait to see the film!!!
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

damnenchiladas

damnenchiladas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Thank you Ralph and Powell!!!

Please give us the backstory of the real camp and why it closed once you release the map. I'd like to know why such a cool looking place was shut down.

There is a cool little story to how we found it. 

In early 2016,  our team hatched a plan to shoot a concept trailer that we could release on the upcoming Friday the 13th in May.  The original shooting location took place around a set of cabins I discovered in 2013 during a hiking trip. They were located just off the highway to Big Bear and would be the perfect spot to film the idea. The cabins have a great look to them and also seemed to be deserted. 

In fact, we later discovered that our original filming location was used to make this BANNED Nike Commercial: 

In April of 2016, after a few months of prep, we traveled up to the site and captured all of the footage we needed for our teaser trailer. When we got to the cabins, it actually turned out that  the cabins were not deserted, but rather only lived in between April 15-Sept 15 every year. Luckily, the locals were more than happy to let us film and actually got a kick out of us putting it all together. 

As we were wrapping up the day, one of the cabin owners was chatting us up and asked if we were shooting 'at the real camp.' When we asked the guy what he meant, he told us about an deserted camp just a mile or so down the road. We told him we had no clue what he was talking about, but definitely wanted to know more. He ducked back inside his cabin and then came out a few minutes later with an old ass map of the area. The map had all sorts of trails that I didn't recognize and a marker that read "College Camp."

Unfortunately, we didn't have time to start the treasure hunt at that moment. We had to get back to LA and start working on the trailer ASAP. So I took a picture of it with my phone and set off for LA.

After releasing the first trailer on May 13, 2016, I began doing research on "College Camp," but there was no record of it anywhere. When I looked on google maps, there was also no indication that a camp ever existed in that location. I was thoroughly confused.

Eventually, I went back into my photos and took another look at the old map. Tracing my way from landmark to landmark between the map and google maps satellite imagery, I eventually discovered an unmarked driveway coming off of the highway near the location of where the camp should be. Following the trail, I eventually spotted a corner of one of the buildings sticking out from behind a tree. It was still there. 

A week or so later, I rounded up our small crew and we went on scavenger hunt to find the camp. We found the road leading off of the highway and pulled up to a small gate which was shut, but not locked. There was not one "no trespassing" sign anywhere in sight so we opened the gate and drove on through. 

The road beyond the gate was a cluster fuck. It was covered in rocks, a few trees, but we didn't let that stop us. At each obstacle we simply cleared the road and forged on. At one point, we even drove through a small creek. 

Eventually, we rounded a corner and discovered a small cabin with two trees that had fallen on top of it. Pulling in further, we discovered the main cabin and the rest of the camp. After exploring the grounds we knew we had to move the short to that location. It was going to give us the opportunity to do some really interesting and original things never before seen in a Fan Film. The rest is history. 

After working up there for an entire summer, we did meet a few more locals who happened to walk by the camp on their daily hike. They informed us that the camp was simply shut down regarding a dispute over water supply. Instead of the camp having to pay a ton of fees in order to access the local water source, they simply picked up shop and took over another location a few miles down the road. This happened in 1987 and no one has returned to the camp since. 

We were also told that a Mexican Cartel took over the camp for a few years to grow weed illegally. The DEA eventually chased them out. We made sure to contact the local police department and make sure they knew what we were up to. They actually thought it was hilarious and told us to have at it. If they ever received a complaint they would shut us down, but so far they have heard nothing but great things about our crew. 

If you guys check out our instagram account @wompstompfilms you'll see a shit load of BTS photos from the set. 

Truly though, thank you for all the support guys. Looking forward to giving Jason a little fan justice this summer. 

• DamonD7 likes this

damnenchiladas-sig01.jpg

psyhcokenny

psyhcokenny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You done it, almost 16.5k :)
i cant wait until this is finished

i love the story about College Camp and how you found it.

Watching your trailers and seeing the photos it makes it the perfect spot for Jason

f13sig2.jpg

PowellCampsNAKED

PowellCampsNAKED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationKingston, RI
That's awesome you guys found an old abandoned camp haha almost like you were walking into your own Jason nightmare..,, it must be good Karma towards this film! You should do s small documentary in the credits about this discovery ^
Add me on PSN - Campfacer

Redcat345

Redcat345

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Thank you Ralph and Powell!!!

There is a cool little story to how we found it. 

In early 2016,  our team hatched a plan to shoot a concept trailer that we could release on the upcoming Friday the 13th in May.  The original shooting location took place around a set of cabins I discovered in 2013 during a hiking trip. They were located just off the highway to Big Bear and would be the perfect spot to film the idea. The cabins have a great look to them and also seemed to be deserted. 

In fact, we later discovered that our original filming location was used to make this BANNED Nike Commercial: 

In April of 2016, after a few months of prep, we traveled up to the site and captured all of the footage we needed for our teaser trailer. When we got to the cabins, it actually turned out that  the cabins were not deserted, but rather only lived in between April 15-Sept 15 every year. Luckily, the locals were more than happy to let us film and actually got a kick out of us putting it all together. 

As we were wrapping up the day, one of the cabin owners was chatting us up and asked if we were shooting 'at the real camp.' When we asked the guy what he meant, he told us about an deserted camp just a mile or so down the road. We told him we had no clue what he was talking about, but definitely wanted to know more. He ducked back inside his cabin and then came out a few minutes later with an old ass map of the area. The map had all sorts of trails that I didn't recognize and a marker that read "College Camp."

Unfortunately, we didn't have time to start the treasure hunt at that moment. We had to get back to LA and start working on the trailer ASAP. So I took a picture of it with my phone and set off for LA.

After releasing the first trailer on May 13, 2016, I began doing research on "College Camp," but there was no record of it anywhere. When I looked on google maps, there was also no indication that a camp ever existed in that location. I was thoroughly confused.

Eventually, I went back into my photos and took another look at the old map. Tracing my way from landmark to landmark between the map and google maps satellite imagery, I eventually discovered an unmarked driveway coming off of the highway near the location of where the camp should be. Following the trail, I eventually spotted a corner of one of the buildings sticking out from behind a tree. It was still there. 

A week or so later, I rounded up our small crew and we went on scavenger hunt to find the camp. We found the road leading off of the highway and pulled up to a small gate which was shut, but not locked. There was not one "no trespassing" sign anywhere in sight so we opened the gate and drove on through. 

The road beyond the gate was a cluster fuck. It was covered in rocks, a few trees, but we didn't let that stop us. At each obstacle we simply cleared the road and forged on. At one point, we even drove through a small creek. 

Eventually, we rounded a corner and discovered a small cabin with two trees that had fallen on top of it. Pulling in further, we discovered the main cabin and the rest of the camp. After exploring the grounds we knew we had to move the short to that location. It was going to give us the opportunity to do some really interesting and original things never before seen in a Fan Film. The rest is history. 

After working up there for an entire summer, we did meet a few more locals who happened to walk by the camp on their daily hike. They informed us that the camp was simply shut down regarding a dispute over water supply. Instead of the camp having to pay a ton of fees in order to access the local water source, they simply picked up shop and took over another location a few miles down the road. This happened in 1987 and no one has returned to the camp since. 

We were also told that a Mexican Cartel took over the camp for a few years to grow weed illegally. The DEA eventually chased them out. We made sure to contact the local police department and make sure they knew what we were up to. They actually thought it was hilarious and told us to have at it. If they ever received a complaint they would shut us down, but so far they have heard nothing but great things about our crew. 

If you guys check out our instagram account @wompstompfilms you'll see a shit load of BTS photos from the set. 

Truly though, thank you for all the support guys. Looking forward to giving Jason a little fan justice this summer. 

Absolutely amazing story! Of all the luck to actually find an abandoned camp with such aesthetic architecture that fits the Friday the 13th look and feel! Next idea: kickstarter for The Long Night At Camp Blood showing Pamela's rampage on Friday the 13th, 1980 and a flashback before Jason drowned!

damnenchiladas

damnenchiladas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
Today is the FINAL DAY to back NEVER HIKE ALONE! Join the hundreds of other Friday fans who are helping to bring Jason home this summer! Thank you to everyone who has participated already!

damnenchiladas-sig01.jpg

Davidt

Davidt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Im hoping to see it hit 20k before it closes cant wait to see the finished production

PSN - david_tortorici
Steam - charlesleeray2
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users