damnenchiladas

NEVER HIKE ALONE

120 posts in this topic

Good question. It's one that gets asked a lot. 

This is a fan film through and through. I am not trying to profit or sell this film to anyone in any way. Once completed, the film will be released on the web (youtube / vimeo) for all to see. I will see if I can take it to a festival or two but other than that anyone and everyone will be able to see it. 

The kickstarter is only there to cover the cost of production and I will be taking $0 in salary / profit from the project. Only the people I am hiring to perform a service are getting paid. They are professionals and need to be treated as such. 

If we have a super successful campaign and raise more than enough, we will reinvest the cash into additional scenes, effects, and rewards for the backers. Additionally, I am hoping to take a portion of the left over cash and donate it to the Penney Pines Reforestation Program which replants tree in areas devastated by Wild Fires. 

This is a passion project for me all the way down to my bones. Making my own Friday the 13th film has been a dream of mine since childhood and at the end of the day a completed film will be the ultimate reward for me. I have been working in the film industry for just under a decade and I want to use the skills I've developed to make something special. 

My team and I have spent about 75% of my weekends this year working on the project. Whether it's writing, traveling, hiking, test shooting, scouting, etc...we've dedicate so much of our time to make sure this thing gets on on time, on budget, and looks amazing. That being said, we're having a blast. It has been so much work but at the same time so rewarding when we come home and look at what we're putting together. 

Thanks for showing so much interest in the project. We won't let you down! 

The Phanthom Nico likes this

Didn't take it the wrong way at all. It's up to us to make sure our intentions are clear to the fans. We'll have a lot more info up on the KS and also appearing on a geek and sundry podcast to promote the site. F13thfranchise is also going to help us out a little bit. 

At the end of the day, we don't care how much you give. The most powerful thing everyone can do is spread the word and get more Friday fans interested just like the F13th game. 

Didn't take it the wrong way at all. It's up to us to make sure our intentions are clear to the fans. We'll have a lot more info up on the KS and also appearing on a geek and sundry podcast to promote the site. F13thfranchise is also going to help us out a little bit. 

At the end of the day, we don't care how much you give. The most powerful thing everyone can do is spread the word and get more Friday fans interested just like the F13th game. 

I will check out the kickstarter when its up and chip in what i can afford

damnenchiladas likes this

I will check out the kickstarter when its up and chip in what i can afford

Much appreciated! Thank you! Don't forget to spread the word as well! 

We are making some final output tweaks to the KS video and then the page will be ready to go. 

The page with be up running by 9am EST on Tuesday, September 6, 2016. 

Davidt likes this

Much appreciated! Thank you! Don't forget to spread the word as well! 

We are making some final output tweaks to the KS video and then the page will be ready to go. 

The page with be up running by 9am EST on Tuesday, September 6, 2016. 

I will be sure to share to social media pages not that i have a big follower list or anything but every bit helps

I'll try to get some cash to you as well...I was gonna say would be cool if one of the higher pledges was to be able to be in the film but just remembered it's called hike alone! Unless there was some sort of scene with other people not connected to the hiker!

Also is there any placeholder rough ideas on the art for the tshirts or posters?

damnenchiladas likes this

Thank you for your contribution. I checked out your page as well and grabbed a backer reward myself. 

Check out the section underneath Rewards, there is a graphic which showcases the rewards. I am worker on a higher res image this week so I can post individual shots of each. 

The artwork is the Never Hike Alone  logo from the poster. 

And there are other people in the film. Their roles will be hidden until release, but you will meet them soon. 

As the weeks go on the page will continue to grow and update as we introduce you to the rest of the cast, crew. We will also be posting from behind the scenes and showing some of the footage already in the can! 

Great news in less that 24 hours we have reached 10% of our funding goal. For those of you familiar with Kickstarter, this is an important hurdle in reaching your final goal. 

We are hoping to his 35% by this Friday so continue supporting and sharing the page.

To everyone who has contributed, thank you for putting your faith in our team. We will continue working hard to get this project funded and even harder once it time to roll those cameras! 

The chevrons are gone because so much time has passed. Trust me, when you see the way the mask looks in the dark you're going to love it! And Jersey has plenty of backcountry! It's got a large section of the Appalachian Trail! 

I also like to think of Crystal Lake like Springfield from the Simpsons. It could be anywhere. Different locations also give you unique environments. I think about the Georgia location for Jason Lives. Or the Cali setting for Parts 3-5. It's certainly not NJ in those movies, but we still enjoy them! 

Thanks for the comments though! I am happy to answer any other questions in this forum as well! 

In other news, NHA has become the top horror project on Kickstarter! 

14203186_1344784802213376_34761059771616

14370450_1349768901714966_32449822339269

Hey Everyone! After 1 week of campaigning, we have reached $11, 356! in funding. That's 28% of our total funding with 22 days left to go! Thank you to everyone at F13th Game Forum who has contributed to the campaign, no matter how big or small. 

So far, response to the trailer and campaign has been overwhelmingly positive. Trailer views alone have jumped by almost 1000 since we launched the campaign.  

Even more important, fans are getting excited for this! I have had so many great conversation with Friday the 13th fans this week. 

Tomorrow, I will be recording a podcast on geekandsundry.com. As soon as I have info about the episode, I'll post it up!

Also check out these two articles: 

fridaythe13thfranchise

popculturebeast

Check it out! Andrew and I were guests on The Concession Stand via Twitch TV to talk about NEVER HIKE ALONE! We will hopefully posting a replay of the interview soon!!!!

14372343_1351563504868839_10882510562322

14305321_1351795064845683_22205156682929

Hey Everyone. Just a quick reminder that there are 13 days left on the Never Hike Alone Kickstarter campaign. So far we have raised just under half of our funding and are looking for that final countdown surge! If you haven't already, head over to our kickstarter and check out the project, you'll be glad you did: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neverhikealone/never-hike-alone-a-friday-the-13th-fan-film?token=45fc2b97

14434919_218926245188823_112612920948038

Check out some of the podcasts and interviews that have been about the show!

http://bamradiopodcast.libsyn.com/bam-radio-podcast-09-21-16

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-splatter-house-podcast

http://modernhorrors.com/modern-horrors-podcast-episode-72-rock-scissors-puy/

http://modernhorrors.com/never-hike-alone-friday-13th-movie-ive-waiting/

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2016/09/womp-stomp-films-needs-your-help-with.html

http://www.popculturebeast.com/never-hike-alone-friday-13th-fan-film-kickstarter/

Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated!

Was really sorry to see it didn't hit the KS target (and that I couldn't chip in any contribution myself, either).

It looks like a really cool project and I have nothing but best wishes to you guys in getting something done!

Thanks guys! Yes, we were able to figure out some funding through some back channels. We were approached by a few private backers who said they'd cover the cost of principle as long as we matched their investment. We believe in this project so it was a no-brainer. 

We will be returning to KS for a post "Finishing Fund." This goal will be much lower than our original and allow us to offer rewards at a much more affordable level. 

Once everyone is up and ready we'll make the rounds! 

Davidt and DamonD7 like this