NthnButAGoodTime

All of the Hells! All of the Yeses! Part IV Jason and Map CONFIRMED!

201 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, wildthing73 said:

Dude, part 4 Jason was nothing like part 3... he was a smaller built faster and much more terrifying Jason in The Final Chapter.  His outfit was much darker overall, he had the wicked black fingernails, not to mention a much more memorable face under the mask. This Jason actually looked like a fully grown version of little boy Jason (Ari Lehman) from part 1, since he was created by Tom Savini!!  People really need to watch these movies more close before making goofy comments like this, Richard Brooker's Jason was cool and all... but he pales in comparison to the iconic Ted White Jason!

I wish I could like this post an infinite amount of times.

IamNoc likes this

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Looks a little goofy in the lightning flash lighting, looking forward to seeing the full model.

You'd look a little goofy too if you had just taken an axe to the head :P

I really hope Single Player releases with the Part 4 map. That house just screams for stealthy Jason kills on AI counselors. 

Daneasaur likes this

It would be neat if they had that little raft that Sam and later her boyfriend goes to find her dead body out in the middle of the lake.

Maybe make the raft a solo escape, which doesn't make any noise or alert Jason, but its so slow that any of the Jasons would kill whoever tries to escape in it. No parts or items required, but its VERY SLOW. It would make for a very early rush for counselors, but Jason would obviously know about it.

Then when Jason catches the person. Instead of tipping over the raft, he could perform the kill he performed on Sam in Part 4.

Another one they could do is have Jason have an environmental kill near the dock. Anytime the counselor is near the dock but in the water, instead of Jason drowning them. It goes into animation where the counselor attempts to climb the dock and Jason uses the spear gun in their stomach.

Skynyrd likes this

8 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

Carbon copy? Really? 

Watch the movie, lots of differences, especially when the mask is removed. Give him some unique stats and weapon and he'll be a stand alone a Jason. 

I'm sure eventually they will ad all the Jason's that they have the rights too, so J5, JX is coming sooner or later.

I agree about the axe part. I'm hoping he's got a knife or something totally different.

I hope he comes with a corkscrew!  Imagine chopping down a door with that fucking thing!!😲

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Looks a little goofy in the lightning flash lighting, looking forward to seeing the full model.

Agreed. 

i hope they fix a mistake many people get is the fact in part 4 jason has Dark GREEN shirt its not blue but its probley because when it was wet in some shots in looks dark blue

the dark green shirt is the same from part 3

18 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I wonder if this map will have a 'large' and 'small' variant. 

I think so, personally.

10 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Why would they add part 4 when he is a carbon copy of part 3?  Except for the axe wound on his mask.  Should have added Jason X.  I seriously hope this not another Jason with an axe.  There are way to many Jason's with axes.  Give this Jason a machete.

J3 and 4 are not carbon copies, as many have pointed out. You would know this if you have seen the movies.

I always felt a hatchet would be J4's weapon.

Genghis_Con likes this

I saw a picture of a meat cleaver on Wes's tweet of J4 reveal... wonder what that could mean. If so, I doubt destruction will be a perk.

8 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I saw a picture of a meat cleaver on Wes's tweet of J4 reveal... wonder what that could mean. If so, I doubt destruction will be a perk.

Well, the tweet says "J4 weapon revealed"....i wonder what could it be XP

So in essence it sounds like it's part 3 re skinned.  Was hoping for a one handed.  Something different for the "live" Jasons.  Still cool though. 

15 minutes ago, Gdain said:

So in essence it sounds like it's part 3 re skinned.  Was hoping for a one handed.  Something different for the "live" Jasons.  Still cool though. 

Did they confirm it's a 2 handed weapon? Part 8 holds the fire wax with one hand.

52 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Tagged 'pig splitter', kind of a much longer handled, two hand style meat cleaver rather than a standard one.

Shown here, I've put in the time to start at 0:46 when it's shown.

Pig Splitter is a great choice, very cool!

28 minutes ago, Gdain said:

So in essence it sounds like it's part 3 re skinned.

No, I don't understand how Jason 4 can be considered a reskin, I genuinely can't. Even with the small information we have so far.

Likely to be able to run. Similar (but not the same) look to Jason 3, but that's movie accurate.
A different weapon with its own three unique kills. Also dead cert to have have different Strengths/Weaknesses and amount of throwing knives & traps.

Those five things are pretty much all that differentiates each Jason. It's as much of a reskin as, say, Jason 2 is to Jason 3.

Retro Jason certainly was a reskin. And even he's being taken away to retool him as his own thing now.

12 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Did they confirm it's a 2 handed weapon? Part 8 holds the fire wax with one hand.

They didn't say any confirmation, this is just me looking at the picture. Jason could still be hefting it in one hand, I don't know.

7 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Do you guys think the leaked knife kills allude to his weapon being the classic butcher knife??

No the knife kills were environment based. That said ,there is a two knife kill that was seen...

Eh, I take back what I said. I can see that the pig-splitter has a longer handle than a usual meat cleaver... never mind!

Hard to tell the actual size too. Without having a point of reference like an arm to compare it too.

my guess is it's a bit smaller than the axe or pick axe