Gertz

State of the Camp - Sept 7th, 2017

172 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, i-cold said:

@Gertz the most important for now is solving game problems to finalize a single player or add new things.

nah, multiplayer is far more important along with the DLC.  Single player will be cool but the majority of the community wants currents bugs fixed, new dlc, new jason and new map. Most of us can wait on the single player I believe.

16 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

@Gertz

Bot counselors need to be in multiplayer as well as the planned singleplayer.

Reasons why...

1. Bot counselor still plays even if player leaves because they didn't get Jason

2. Bot counselor is 10/10 all stats regardless

3. If a player pops up mid game, they can take over a bot, which will restore the counselors original stats

4. If the player leaves when grabbed, the bot is still there and Jason gets the XP for the kill. However to prevent farming as Jason. Jason only gets the XP IF a player was that bot, not just the bots alone.

5. If a full lobby isn't launched, the game will randomly select bots to fill out the game in game

Its a win/win, even if they basic programming.

Logic being

Any bot = better than no player whatsoever

No bot players, just a stiff penalty for quitters is all they need.

11 hours ago, Max Walker said:

nah, multiplayer is far more important along with the DLC.  Single player will be cool but the majority of the community wants currents bugs fixed, new dlc, new jason and new map. Most of us can wait on the single player I believe.

Actually of you look through plenty of threads there is a giant portion of the community who could care less about clothes versus single player. There are quite a few threads up on this subject. Especially since single player was promised long before some glorified by some saved by the bell dlc for 2-4 bucks.

Maddogg_8121 and RocknRon13 like this

12 hours ago, Max Walker said:

nah, o multiplayer é muito mais importante junto com o DLC. O jogador único será legal, mas a maioria da comunidade quer erros de correntes corrigidos, novo dlc, novo jason e novo mapa. A maioria de nós pode esperar no único jogador que eu acredito.

I think you have a problems of interpratation: the game works like a trash , have a terrible performance and fix this is most important now than single player, i see many player annoying devs for single player while we have is broken.

32 minutes ago, i-cold said:

I think you have a problems of interpratation: the game works like a trash , have a terrible performance and fix this is most important now than single player, i see many player annoying devs for single player while we have is broken.

I paid for a game that was to include single player. That is pretty simple to me. I know multi player is borked. I know it needs fixing. That doesn't cvhange the fact promises were made.

THIS is how Tommy has disappeared from me twice.

It also works in the two houses north of the main house.

This must be patched NOW.

On 13-9-2017 at 4:06 PM, tyrant666 said:

@Gertz

Remove Jason's icon from the map when he's in stalk as well. Would make more sense. Or even remove it all together.

Yeah, I totally agree. Most of the times counselors saw me shifting in stalker mode on their mini-map.

tyrant666 likes this

1 hour ago, HowAreYa said:

Yeah, I totally agree. Most of the times counselors saw me shifting in stalker mode on their mini-map.

I think this is because even if you can't see Jason due to lighting, or what have you, as long as he's within your cameras field of view he'll show up on the minimap. When I'm running from Jason I make sure to look behind me time to time so I can get a bead on his minimap icon. Removing the icon from minimap while in stalker mode would be great. 

@Gertz Is key mapping coming for PC? I can't get an answer ANYWHERE on the matter. Even if it is a simple "No" I am just exhausted trying to find/get an answer on the matter! Being left handed makes the game extremely difficult on PC and i can't use controllers (hence why i bought it on PC) Any answer would be most welcome! Thanks!

@Gertz

Can you guys add an option to Host a lobby in quick play? I only like to play quick play if me or a friend is host to avoid host leaving if they get killed. We only occassionaly use quick play if not enough people are on for private matches.

But getting put into lobby after lobby of other peoples matches trying to hope 90 secs will pass without getting put in one can be frustrating and waste a lot of time.

I know it's ironic to hear someone complaining about getting put into matches, but an option to host a lobby in quick play would be VERY helpful.

3 hours ago, ikarikh said:

@Gertz

Can you guys add an option to Host a lobby in quick play? I only like to play quick play if me or a friend is host to avoid host leaving if they get killed. We only occassionaly use quick play if not enough people are on for private matches.

But getting put into lobby after lobby of other peoples matches trying to hope 90 secs will pass without getting put in one can be frustrating and waste a lot of time.

I know it's ironic to hear someone complaining about getting put into matches, but an option to host a lobby in quick play would be VERY helpful.

I doubt this is happening because they're working on dedicated servers so it won't matter if someone leaves since the server itself will be the host. 

Only thing that bugs me with this is that if a Jason ends up leaving or disconnecting, a counselor ends up as Jason instead of the match just ending with everyone winning. Reason I feel this will be a negative is because that person who gets tossed in as Jason may likely not get chosen for a real match as Jason after that. Especially with how the game prioritizes people who just enter to be Jason as is. 

Hopefully they've taken this into consideration, but time will tell. 

On 07/09/2017 at 5:23 PM, Gertz said:

This was also having an unintended side effect of allowing counselors to gang up on Jason knowing he could only hit one counselor...he can now cause damage to multiple counselors at once...beware

How about we also fix Jason having an unrealistically long grab distance and a combat system which doesn't really work because Jason can grab through it and slash about 100 times per second. That way I won't have to fly away like a sky dancer doll on speed everytime something bad happens.

Barbara Ann likes this

13 minutes ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

How about we also fix Jason having an unrealistically long grab distance and a combat system which doesn't really work because Jason can grab through it and slash about 100 times per second. That way I won't have to fly away like a sky dancer doll on speed everytime something bad happens.

I like taking Jason on 1 on 1, but only because I like taking some risks and keeping him distracted. That's the role I take in the game and I do so knowing I will likely die at least eventually unless I find a pocket knife or someone gets an objective going. Most people should not want to take Jason on 1 on 1. You're supposed to not want to engage him at all unless you can sneak up behind him while he's preoccupied and bat him in the back. He should be a threat if he knows what he's doing and you're by yourself. If Jason is in combat stance? Just don't engage him. 

15 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Just don't engage him. 

I don't think most people want to fight Jason, because whether you do or don't, ridiculous things like this happen.

GreedyDismalHumpbackwhale-size_restricte

I searched Mr Fantastic and this GIF came up. That's how obvious it is.

AngelicTerribleHartebeest-small.gif

Daneasaur likes this

7 hours ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

I don't think most people want to fight Jason, because whether you do or don't, ridiculous things like this happen.

GreedyDismalHumpbackwhale-size_restricte

I searched Mr Fantastic and this GIF came up. That's how obvious it is.

AngelicTerribleHartebeest-small.gif

That second gif is hilarious, but I do think part of the "super grab" is due to latency in favor of the jason player. On the other hand, if it was removed or tightened, we may have situations of Jasons unable to grab anyone. Anyone who has frequented Jason can comment that sometimes it seems that the counselors are made of butter and just pass right through you.

MidnightCallerXx likes this

Yeah Jasons grab can be wonky, both for and against him. I've been right near people and could not grab them even though I was most certainly close enough, and other times I've grabbed people I didn't expect to be able to grab but tossed it out there in case they made a weird turn and got them anyway. Not saying it shouldn't be tweaked, but depending on how bad someones ping is or perhaps even the servers themselves, I can see it being problematic for both parties. 

If counselors fear played a bigger part in how they move, stamina regen, etc, perhaps the latency wouldn't matter as much. I know as Jason I've chased people for a good while if they're the last one alive and they just either never lose stamina or them being afraid just doesn't really do anything to them. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote

7 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Yeah Jasons grab can be wonky, both for and against him. I've been right near people and could not grab them even though I was most certainly close enough, and other times I've grabbed people I didn't expect to be able to grab but tossed it out there in case they made a weird turn and got them anyway. Not saying it shouldn't be tweaked, but depending on how bad someones ping is or perhaps even the servers themselves, I can see it being problematic for both parties. 

If counselors fear played a bigger part in how they move, stamina regen, etc, perhaps the latency would matter as much. I know as Jason I've chased people for a good while if they're the last one alive and they just either never lose stamina or them being afraid just doesn't really do anything to them. 

It should definitely effect stamina regen. When you're panicking, you hyperventilate and are prone to  even passing out, so being "short of breath" should be a thing. Chad would be a rocket, but due to his high fear rate, his stamina would recharge terribly when he's afraid, and the cutdown of stamina would make those moments of chasing that one counselor less cabin hopping.

13 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

It should definitely effect stamina regen. When you're panicking, you hyperventilate and are prone to  even passing out, so being "short of breath" should be a thing. Chad would be a rocket, but due to his high fear rate, his stamina would recharge terribly when he's afraid, and the cutdown of stamina would make those moments of chasing that one counselor less cabin hopping.

That's my train of thought, too. I know they can stumble more readily but that doesn't happen very often and slows them down very little. Perhaps if they straight up tripped and were capable of being grabbed while getting up, this would make fear more, well, fearful to the counselors. As of now when I'm a counselor I don't mind my minimap going away because I can flick open the main map to get my bearings. It's more of a nuisance than it is a thing I care too much about. I think even if you did tweak fear characters like Chad would still be good. His luck is great and he can still move around pre-fear just fine. You'd just need to decide on perks a bit differently perhaps. Ones that lower fear, or help prevent it, would be more desirable than just thick skin, sense avoidance, double first aids, etc. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote
Daneasaur likes this

10 minutes ago, VenomSymbiote said:

That's my train of thought, too. I know they can stumble more readily but that doesn't happen very often and slows them down very little. Perhaps if they straight up tripped and were capable of being grabbed while getting up, this would make fear more, well, fearful to the counselors. As of now when I'm a counselor I don't mind my minimap going away because I can flick open the main map to get my bearings. It's more of a nuisance than it is a thing I care too much about. I think even if you did tweak fear characters like Chad would still be good. His luck is great and he can still move around pre-fear just fine. You'd just need to decide on perks a bit differently perhaps. Ones that lower fear, or help prevent it, would be more desirable than just thick skin, sense avoidance, double first aids, etc. 

Exactly. Chad's luck is one of the reasons I use him even if his repair is poor.