Gertz

State of the Camp - Sept 7th, 2017

172 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

@Gertz is a brave soul. He surfs these forums knowing they are a rough neighborhood and doesn't bat an eye. He may bleach his eyes when he leaves, but while he's here he endures.?

handing-hold-blue-dirty-cloth-rag-wiping

You got a little something on your nose there my friend!

J/K I like how he described is job as get shit done. Unfortunately, shit includes listening to us as we go endlessly back and forth on what minute detail is not right and which bug is the biggest and what colour chads hammock should be.

Hopefully he can eventually afford an assistant to do that part.

1 person likes this

@Gertz found another bug on xbox. 3 times now after knocking down doors have been unable to move away from the door unless I use shift. Obviously morph would get me to move too, but fuck knows where I'd end up, as that has been broken in 20 of the last 25 or so matches I've played as Jason since the last patch. This is random, different maps it has happened on, but has never happened until today.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Glad mine works...funny how things don't break evenly for everyone.? Now...doors...I hate doors at the moment.

I try and play now, but if a car gets started and I'm far away, I have to quit with a hint of rage.

Agreed. Just posted on this thread about doors. Found another bug.

22 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

@Gertz found another bug on xbox. 3 times now after knocking down doors have been unable to move away from the door unless I use shift. Obviously morph would get me to move too, but fuck knows where I'd end up, as that has been broken in 20 of the last 25 or so matches I've played as Jason since the last patch. This is random, different maps it has happened on, but has never happened until today.

Happens on PS4 as well.  Very annoying to have to burn shift to get unstuck.  

1 hour ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

@Gertz said no hot fix for Xbox One. We have to wait for the next patch and hope we get it this time with no delays.

Doors are broken for all Jasons using RT. It fails to hit randomly and you get stuck on every door on the final swing before breaking the door. Have to swing an extra time to break free.

Inside cabins holding RT on a cabin wall will hit once and then stop the animation. You have to hold RT again for another swing. Sometimes your hit will miss too.

The long window animations we are stuck with until another update. Must be nice having the instant window break on PC and PS4.

The long window animations we are stuck with until another update. Must be nice having the instant window break on PC and PS4.

PS4 player here, not really. It's still inferior to the old method even if it is faster than the pre-hotfix "fix". 

4 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

handing-hold-blue-dirty-cloth-rag-wiping

You got a little something on your nose there my friend!

J/K I like how he described is job as get shit done. Unfortunately, shit includes listening to us as we go endlessly back and forth on what minute detail is not right and which bug is the biggest and what colour chads hammock should be.

Hopefully he can eventually afford an assistant to do that part.

Chad's hammock should be pink. Everybody knows that. I think Gertz will need an assistant at the rate we keep sending shit his way. LOL.+

Forgive me. I have to shmooz with the Dev for a bit. Makes me feel better that at least someone heard my sniffles...nothing like a good cry to make everything better.:D

Idk if anyone has posted about this but on Xbox I have experienced getting stuck in place (post August patch) once just in a cabin and another time in jasons shack with his mask off I almost got sweater and tommy had an axe but I got stuck and he killed tommy

@Gertz

Here is something that has been on people's minds since launch that would be a QoL improvement.

Change zombies Jason´s blood to pus

Is it just me or did the graphics take an odd hit? Something about the lighting and overall look doesn't seem as good as it was pre-patch.

Going to share a new bug I discovered for @Gertz @GunMedia_Ben @Randygbk

HIGGINS HAVEN HAS A GAME BREAKING BUG FOR JASON'S SENSE.

Platform - Xbox One.

Map - Higgins Haven. Large. UPDATE Does not work on Higgins Haven small map.

Bug - Exploit to avoid Jason's sense. Any player can do this even if they are unaware of the bug!

How to activate the bug.

1. Go to the main lodge on Higgins Haven. Large.

2. Climb out any window at the main lodge.

3. You will now be able to avoid Jason's sense ability. He will not see you with rage mode. If you enter a cabin it will light up red.

Stay out of all buildings and you remain hidden.

All lights can be knocked out, fear 100%, any perks used or none. Any counselor used. This bug works 100% of the time.

How to light up a cabin using this bug and make Jason think you are inside it on Higgins Haven. 

This works just like the Packanack chimney exploit or bug.

1. Hide near a chimney or near a corner spot on the outside of any cabin on the Higgins Haven map. Large.

2. Cabin will light up red for Jason's sense ability. You can run away and the cabin will remain red. You will not light up red outside the cabin as you run away.

3. Cabin will remain red until Jason's sense ability runs out.

I noticed the last survivor who was an AJ mason using these 2 exploits on Higgins Haven. Large. This was in QUICKPLAY. Public match.

I could not sense them until the last 2 minutes of the match. I searched every area with sense.

He then used the 2nd exploit on a cabin and ran. Only reason I found him at all.

I watched him running away from the cabin without showing up on my sense. The cabin was red with no one inside it.

I killed him when he ran to the phone box cabin into another corner trying to do the bug again. That ended the match. 6/6 kills.

Here is a video of the exploit on Higgins Haven. Please patch this Soon™ :lol:

3 people like this

The amount of these game breaking bugs and glitches is getting ridiculous. We are almost 4 months since launch, and this game is riddled with these. I appreciate everything you are doing in remaining vocal with the fan base, but at this point, it's just not enough. Delayed single player with no announcement, Xbox getting screwed out of hot fixes, updates basically breaking the game play, etc etc. How much crow are we expected to eat as the player base? I'm guessing my reply will be "soon" which in it of itself now is a fn joke. I'm about this close to calling it quits, balls in your court Gun Media. 

1 person likes this

Playing on Higgins Haven small. AJ put the fuse in. Tried to call the police on the phone. The phone had a bug. Can't interact with it to call police.

Joined another lobby on Higgins Haven small. Same bug happened again. Can't use the phone.

Quick question, but are you guys also still using Jasonkillsbugs.com to report these bugs?

I know Gertz can see them here, but he's not the only guy working on this game and they may get noticed quicker if he's pushed for time to get back on these forums.

36 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Quick question, but are you guys also still using Jasonkillsbugs.com to report these bugs?

I know Gertz can see them here, but he's not the only guy working on this game and they may get noticed quicker if he's pushed for time to get back on these forums.

Yes. I only posted the Higgins Haven sense bug so other players are aware of it.

When Jason can't sense players because of climbing out a main lodge window, that's kind of a big issue.

It's an exploit that breaks one of the core abilities as Jason. It's unfair that anybody can abuse the bug even if they don't know about it.

It happens every time I play on Higgins Haven. A counselor hides outside on the edge of the map and runs out the 20 minutes. Rage will not sense them too.

You have to get lucky and hope they make the mistake of going into the cabin to make it turn red. It has been there since the launch date.

I know Gertz is a busy guy. Happy he takes to time to read the comments and respond. I'll report anything else I find at Jasonkillsbugs.com

1 person likes this

On 9/9/2017 at 1:50 PM, VenomSymbiote said:

Thanks for the feedback Gertz. I'm guessing since you didn't answer the window question, that they aren't being reverted back to prepatch? The new way is just bad and every Jason could break them with Combat Stance before. Just add combat stance to the how to play section and bring back the good window mechanics, please. You guys also never comment on Jason 7 and if he'll ever be tweaked instead of having all the worst pros and cons. ;-;

I disagree now on the window animation after hotfix. It's a LOT better now that they have sped it up. They just now need to fix where you can hurt the counselor when breaking the window and I think it will be fine. I think that is coming in the next patch though.

1 hour ago, undrtkr said:

I disagree now on the window animation after hotfix. It's a LOT better now that they have sped it up. They just now need to fix where you can hurt the counselor when breaking the window and I think it will be fine. I think that is coming in the next patch though.

Being a lot better doesn't mean the old way wasn't better still. I wouldn't mind having the prompt for people who are too brain dead to ask how to break a window or think about combat stance, but it shouldn't erase the normal much more Jason-like way of dealing with windows that was there before. Have the attack button break windows like they used to without initiating the prompt for windows, and have X for people who want to do it that way. Kind of silly that Part 6 and Savini can't break windows from a few feet away with their long weapons, don't you think? 

8 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I am when I find a bug. Don't know about the others.

Is it true that post hot fix Sucker Punch decreases your chances of stunning Jason instead of increase? If so I might as well just use something else until it's fixed again to always proc instead of the first swing and to increase stun chances not decrease. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote

1 hour ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Is it true that post hot fix Sucker Punch decreases your chances of stunning Jason instead of increase? If so I might as well just use something else until it's fixed again to always proc instead of the first swing and to increase stun chances not decrease. 

I'm pretty sure Sucker Punch never worked. I don't think it is new to the hot fix.

So, does this mean we'll be able to hit counselors climbing through windows again?

@Gertz

Bot counselors need to be in multiplayer as well as the planned singleplayer.

Reasons why...

1. Bot counselor still plays even if player leaves because they didn't get Jason

2. Bot counselor is 10/10 all stats regardless

3. If a player pops up mid game, they can take over a bot, which will restore the counselors original stats

4. If the player leaves when grabbed, the bot is still there and Jason gets the XP for the kill. However to prevent farming as Jason. Jason only gets the XP IF a player was that bot, not just the bots alone.

5. If a full lobby isn't launched, the game will randomly select bots to fill out the game in game

Its a win/win, even if they basic programming.

Logic being

Any bot = better than no player whatsoever

@Gertz the most important for now is solving game problems to finalize a single player or add new things.