Gertz

State of the Camp - Sept 7th, 2017

172 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

They might end up skipping it at this rate. The next patch is supposed to be out sooner than later. They'll probably have the fixes included in that build.

I really hope this trend of patches adding more issues than they fix doesn't continue. That's the quickest way to kill a game...When people sit down after a patch and things are worse, many don't come back.

I'm sure the unbreakable doors are more than enough to make a few hundred people say fuck it.

I already have.  It's been too long of a wait for me on Xbox.

Plus with Destiny 2 out and all the other AAA titles being released in the coming monthes, I probably won't be touching this game for at least a month or two.  The lack of gameplay extenders doesn't help either.  It's cool they did that little trailer but I wonder if it is too little too late to bring some people back.  

On 9/7/2017 at 10:26 AM, lHeartBreakerl said:

@Gertz thanks again! For the male counselor voices, does this mean all of them will have separate voices now (besides Chad)? Like in the VC?

You are welcome!

They should yes, some Counselors are voiced by the same actor so you may be able to tell, here is the cast list: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4727692/

On 9/7/2017 at 10:27 AM, Deeify said:

Love the ™ after "Soon".  Thanks Gertz, I was wondering when we get an update.

Nothing on the XB1 Hot Fix I assume?

Thanks!

Nothing yet, at this point I am feeling we are going to skip this patch and roll right into the next. If we wait it may delay this one even further.

On 9/7/2017 at 10:28 AM, BetsyPalmer said:

I love this.

I've seen the "Grand Slam Jason" only happen twice so far. Definitely looking forward to the perk and windows and doors fixes.

And thanks for the update @Gertz

You are welcome!

On 9/7/2017 at 10:34 AM, undrtkr said:

Wow, looks like the next patch will be the winner to fix glitches that have been since launch. Crossing fingers and hope they don't merge the wrong build. ;)

Thanks Gertz for being involved with the forum community. It's a breath of fresh air to get updates in the official forum and not some other place I don't even want to belong to. 

You are welcome!

On 9/7/2017 at 10:35 AM, Definitelynotjason said:

Thanks for the update.

Seeing this very much raises the morale factor.

You are welcome. I am glad it raises something.

On 9/7/2017 at 10:43 AM, Virtualize said:

Thanks for being transparent! Weekly updates will surely calm everyone's nerves, so I thank you for trying!

Also, I love the fixes to counselor voices! The next sound fix I would like to see is the "dropped item" sound effect. Currently the only way you hear them is if you're host of a private lobby (on PC as I know of).

You are welcome!

I think QA got a bug in for the drop sounds, not sure if its fixed or not.

On 9/7/2017 at 10:44 AM, BradleyMaverick said:

We have internal fixes for Grease Monkey, Heavy Hitter, Man at Arms, and Tinker. QA has verified them and they should be in the next patch.

If people find issues with any other Perks let me know

So to clarify, as far as you know, these are the only perks with issues? Thanks for this update!

Those are the perks we knew had issues and got fixed. We are doing an audit internally but a lot of time was spent verifying the PhD for Murder fix.

On 9/7/2017 at 10:45 AM, Alkavian said:

At least he has a sense of humor about it.

tumblr_o1gnduHBuV1u2ragso1_500.gif  Xbox players waiting on the hotfix.:P

Being an Xbox owner I haz feelz

On 9/7/2017 at 10:51 AM, Brian76 said:

Thanks for the update @Gertz! Now will this patch void the X1 hotfix? Or will users still get it? Have a good day!

At this point its likely going to be skipped for this next one as I dont want to delay this next one further.

On 9/7/2017 at 10:52 AM, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Beautiful list, @Gertz. Your efforts to provide peeks behind the curtain are refreshing.

You are welcome!

On 9/7/2017 at 10:58 AM, tyrant666 said:

tumblr_nd35neloJ71rqfhi2o1_500.gif

1. What about Part 9 using Part 3 music?

2. What about Jason spawning in new areas besides his shack at mapstart? Like the lake or the woods or wherever. Just give him the knives from the start.

3. What about having the chance to have all 3 vehicle escapes on the larger maps? Boat and both cars?

4. What about counselors locking items in rooms to troll others from getting them?

5. What about potentially bringing back special abilities for counselor?

6. What about Jason being allowed to use his traps indoors since counselors can use them in and out?

7. What about counselors being allowed to disable Jason's traps without a pocket knife using skill check, with the trade off being instant limp regardless of perks?

8. What about making Jason more immune to stun the more stunned he gets, combined with rage?

9. What about tweaking Part 7 in a manner that would make him more desirable to play as?

10. What about tweaking grabs to utilize counselor skills rather than making them instant deaths? You remove grip strength as a strength/weakness for Jasons and instead make grabs a skill check event where strength and composure determine whether counselors can escape? Obviously the pocket knife would allow the counselor to bypass the skill check event, but the trade off is other counselors can knock Jason off the counselor. If they fail the skill check, they are allowed to be grab killed.

11. Whats the status on Fox?

12. What about a buff for all Jasons melee weapon range, minus Part 6 and Savini? This would make melee weapon strikes more desirable out of shift as opposed to grab. Make it a much larger radius in all directions.

13. What about weather being toggable in maps or added to new maps?

14. Will the next map have a large and small variant?

15. How many new counselors will we get in the next major DLC?

16. When can we expect Crystal Lake hats, shirts and clothes for the counselors?

17. When can we expect an antagonist type character to make it to the game? Like Dr. Crews, Charles, Ethel, etc

18. Will you be designing a new map based off the NES Version of Crystal Lake? With the cave, etc maybe a zombie easter egg, etc

19. Can we expect ANY new abilities to be added to gameplay for Jason down the line that might help make him more robust and fun? Multi kill for those gang assaults by counselors? Throwing knive head shot instant kills? Primary weapon throw for an instant kill?

20. Will we see new forms of escape down the line?

21. When will see more lobby/game customization? Either for Quick Match or Private match?

Things like...

1. Allowing the lobby host to change the map timer to infinite or longer or shorter, etc

2. Allowing the lobby host to change the amount of escapes available to counselor, of course one always has to be available

3. Allowing the lobby host to change the weather effects, if they aren't built into the maps or new maps

4. Something like a hardcore mode for both sides...Jason doesn't know where the cars or phone box, etc are and the counselors never hear Jason's music anymore, etc

Thanks for the feedback, I cant comment on future content or things that are design changes but Ill pass it along.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:14 AM, dandop1984 said:

Thank you.

You are welcome!

On 9/7/2017 at 11:15 AM, Alkavian said:

christmas-shopping-list-598x429-1.jpg

tumblr_nfyr1tT4vn1tq1x4mo1_500.gif   When you're the Dev who got nominated to talk to the community.

Hahaha, there are days when a stuff drink is needed buts its not because of the community.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:24 AM, jameson87 said:

Thanks @Gertz

You are welcome!

On 9/7/2017 at 11:32 AM, Corkenstein said:

Thanks!!  Hopefully you are being paid double for incorporating the Community Manager position into your role as well.  I gotta say, you made me a firm supporter of IllFonic.  Thank you for going above and beyond and showing how much IllFonic cares about their community.  This information is great to have. 

My job is to get shit done...I like Community though.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:41 AM, UprightChair said:

@Gertz has there been any discussion on the Higgins bug where players become immune to sense.  Everything else on the list looks great but this bug has been around forever and I haven't found anything to suggest it's being worked on. I'm not going into specifics here if you are unaware of this being a thing feel free to message me and I'll explain what I believe to know about it. 

Hmmm, is it the issue with the Cabin staying red even though no one is in it anymore?

On 9/7/2017 at 11:43 AM, Alkavian said:

Oh yeah. That is a good one. The stupid sense immunity windows at the main house which seem to have been there since launch. :)

Ohhh..so the Main House on Higgins has Sense Immune Windows? Ill need to talk to QA, I dont think Ive seen that one before.

On 9/7/2017 at 11:49 AM, UprightChair said:

im pretty sure it has been the worst part is for even people who don't know about it you can trigger it just because of the way you choose to move through a house.  Thinking back I think the first time I survived the night was because of that bug.  Playing as Vanessa and being mortally wounded screen was so dark I couldn't see anything and I'm basically crawling through the woods waiting to bleed out (ya know because back then I thought bleeding out was a thing) the two minute warning goes and I just kept crawling.  I imagine I was making plenty of noise but this was day 1-3 and I'm sure the Jason at the time didn't know how to track sound blips not that anyone at that point really knew much about the game. 

Agreed we will look at it

On 9/7/2017 at 11:54 AM, The Razor's Edge said:

Does Misc Audio include the swinging noise you hear when Jason breaks a window?

It should.

On 9/7/2017 at 0:02 PM, RAGEVIRUS said:

You forgot to add that pc and ps4 will get all this before xbox even gets the Hot fix.

We are likely going to skip this one on Xbox to make sure they dont get delayed with this new one.

On 9/7/2017 at 0:04 PM, Chris Pilkington said:

any news on springbreak?

Soon™

On 9/7/2017 at 0:06 PM, Definitelynotjason said:

March 2018! :)

:(

On 9/7/2017 at 0:07 PM, Skynyrd said:

Nice update!

Thanks!

On 9/7/2017 at 0:08 PM, Alkavian said:

giphy.gif

Couldn't resist could you.

:)

On 9/7/2017 at 0:20 PM, Alkavian said:

tumblr_inline_ong6q8OCLp1rgrqpu_500.gif

Hahaha

On 9/7/2017 at 0:22 PM, Titan_313 said:

I've had a problem where I was Jason and could not open doors, rage through, or swing and hit them

If you couldnt open the door we need to know what door it is to try and fix it. The swing and hit and rage should be fixed in this next patch...its likey you are hitting some other collision first and not causing any other damage to the other things you hit.

On 9/7/2017 at 0:26 PM, Prons said:

Good, I can't wait to actually be able to save my friends from Jason.

That goes both ways...you swing through and do damage to multiple objects and no so does Jason.

On 9/7/2017 at 2:04 PM, Kalopsia said:

What about Part 9's theme music? 

We will look into it

On 9/7/2017 at 2:22 PM, AdrianBlackbear said:

I am curious about this too. I've been hoping for unique voice-overs returning for a while now.

Should be fixed now

On 9/7/2017 at 2:32 PM, JasonF13 said:

When will Jason be allowed to jump through windows and also use a weed Wacker for a kill

I dont think we will be adding Jason leaping through windows...weed whacker kill though...why not just make the jump to lawn mower?

On 9/7/2017 at 3:04 PM, PSN:TriggaCrip2 said:

Hey Gertz, 

what about the Crystal Lake Small map evergreen cabin? There's a frame rate issue where it feels like the gameplay is almost in slow motion. Sometime ya might wanna take note of and fix before the next patch release. 

There are performance issues across all maps right now. We now one issue is related to the Memory Leak fix but we are also doing an audit on all maps to ensure everything is setup correctly. Sometimes when you need to get soemthing done quick corners get cut and you have to go back and fix it later...even more often over time is that no one has gone back and you have a much bigger bandaid to rip off later

On 9/7/2017 at 3:07 PM, Mr.Unknownyt said:

Thanks for the update. Cant wait for the update :)

You are welcome

On 9/7/2017 at 3:08 PM, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Single Player????

Working on it

On 9/7/2017 at 3:11 PM, Definitelynotjason said:

This made me laugh.

They are thinking about talking about working on this sometime in the near possible sooniverse.

When I asked, and Gertz answered a week ago I was told they are working on it, but that fixing the game in the state it was in was a priority.

Its the same, we are working on it

On 9/7/2017 at 3:27 PM, Charlie Chainsaw said:

So, "This Summer!" isn't happening.....

Personally, I dont want to release something thats not in a decent state just to say we got it out by Sept 22nd. If you look at the history of patches I don't think releasing a hot mess would be good.

We are working on it in earnest but as @Definitelynotjason points out, making sure the game that people are currently playing is in a good state will always be the priority over new content. It makes no sense to work otherwise, its like topping a shit sandwich with a side of shit...that new content is going to seem crappy because the stuff around it is still crappy.

On 9/7/2017 at 3:37 PM, CrissRiot said:

Only other (minor?) thing you could look at would be Savini not being in the random Jason pool(for those that have him). Right now, there's absolutely no chance to get Savini playing Random. Oh,and Part 9's music.100%.

Excited for the fixes though (Male voices? Finally yesssss)

We will take a look.

On 9/7/2017 at 3:47 PM, f13jb95 said:

Hey @Gertz

Not sure if its been reported already but the female counsellors have also had similar problems with voices changing as well. I was playing as AJ and got Tiffany's voice at times haha. 

Thanks for everything.

Ill check but this was a global fix so maybe its fixed with the male voices

On 9/7/2017 at 4:18 PM, Czorny said:

Yes, especially on killing animation and fatigue breath. For instance: was playing as Deborah and she scream of Tiffany voice when getting head punch!

So strange thing about VO work, sometimes you need to bring in stunt actors to do screams as you dont want the main actors to kill their voice. Ill check but it may eb the screams, pants, etc were all done by one person seperate form the main VO actor.

On 9/7/2017 at 4:25 PM, Daimyo Heligo said:

I'd imagine that this has already been brought up but from what I've heard and can gather Sucker Punch is bugged and lowers the chance of being able to stun Jason or something to that effect. @Gertz

We will take a look, thanks!

On 9/7/2017 at 4:38 PM, Tattooey said:

@Gertz

Why is Xbox always delayed on patches & never spoken about? It's tough trying to play the game with all the issues but it's even more difficult when there is no information regarding when they might be potential fixed.

I understand actual dates aren't given for the reason of a possibly delay but at least a time frame would help a lot of us cope with these issues by seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Theres also a major issue with firecrackers not stunning Jason at all I would say anywhere from 25 to 50 percent of the time they are dropped & Jason is standing ontop of them.

We will take a look at the firecracker issue.

We really cant comment on the Xbox stuff other than to say it takes longer than the other platforms right now.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, Michniko said:

I really want to thank you @Gertz. This sort of communication of what's happening is a real treat to see and I hope it helps you guys with feedback because.. we know how some of that can be.

You are welcome!

On 9/7/2017 at 5:05 PM, The.Dark.God said:

I know it's not gameplay related, but I'm excited for this fix more than the rest of it since it's been a pet peeve of mine since launch.  Thanks @Gertz!  The combat/stun/collision fixes are all top notch too if they work.  Can't wait for this patch to drop!

As an aside, I have PhD in Murder on Steam, it was fixed for me after the last patch.  Not sure if that's relevant, but it's definitely on my achievement list.

A part of the fix was a backend change so maybe that cleared it up on Steam.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:11 PM, Muffinsfressnapf said:

Hey, thanks Gertz, do you have any information when the sounds are being fixed? Aka hearing items dropping, car brakes etc.

Some of those misc sounds maybe unique issues...looks more like we need to do a larger audit

On 9/7/2017 at 5:24 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Tyrant666 makes a lot of good points. Pretty much everything I'd talk about. I agree with most but not all. I'll provide my own 2 cents on them.

• I agree that should be fixed.
  • Agreed, Jasons should just have 2 extra knives in their inventory and remove the 2 in the shack. I suggest adding this as a strength & weakness. + is 6, = is 2, - is 0.
  • I'm not so sure about that. If they did that they'd have to remove the phone for balance.
  • They could add a lockpicking skill check(just one or two checks) to unlock doors from the outside. I mean, they could just allow doors to be unlocked from either side but it's weird when Jason doesn't unlock doors when he could.
  • They'd have to be very "weak" in a manner of speaking.
  • That could become problematic if Jason traps you in a one door room, you'd just have to eat the traps or he could just leave you there while he takes care of business.
  • I'm undecided. Medic and thick skinned already eat traps when used by a good group.
  • Yes I think Jason should build up temporary stun resistance(not immunity but shorter stuns) when getting stunned within a short time frame, then it will cool down to normal shortly after. Or say after the 3rd stun at the highest resistance it's reset to normal stun resistance.
  • To me the easiest way to fix Part 7 is to swap his -Traps with -Stun Resistance like he had in the Beta. They could swap -Shift with something else too but  I think there should be at least one zombie Jason with -Shift just to make the roster more unique from each other.
  • No I don't think Grip Strength needs to be removed from the strengths and weaknesses. They could add 1 more to each Jason to make them more unique from each other. I also think to encourage more combat attacks they should put a delay before grab kills that lasts up to but no longer than say 1.25 seconds.
  • I am all for the character but I'll live without it.
  • Jason's "lunge" style attacks clip him through doors so they should be careful with that suggestion. I suggest a third type of attack: A horizontal sweeping attack that covers a wide arc, to clear out gang assaults. Hold back and attack together to execute.
  • The new patch ate FPS for breakfast with a simple particle effects thing. I don't think weather is going to work beyond rumbling storm clouds. No rain or else you'd get 5fps.
  • I can imagine something like a "hallucination" ability where Jason projects a scary image towards counselors to spike their fear like in Parts 3, 7, and 8.

As for @Gertz, I hope you take a few minutes of your time to read my thread regarding changing up the Jasons. I think it would make for a much more unique experience with each Jason, playing as and playing against the killer goalie. A few cliffnotes:

1. Silent footsteps for Jason during Stalk, dependant on each Jason's Stalk potency. Weak Stalk=Audible Footsteps while running & Fast-Walking, Normal Stalk = Silent footsteps while walking & fast-walking, Strong Stalk = Entirely silent footsteps.

2. New Strength/Weakness: Fear: Counselors are more/less afraid of a particular Jason

3. New Strength/Weakness: Rage: That Jason gains rage sooner/later than other Jasons.

Ive read it and passed it along. Thanks for the feedback.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:26 PM, Grape said:

Not sure if this has been reported before, but I knocked Savini Jason across the water with Firecrackers.  I was at the boathouse on Crystal Lake map. (Was kind of cool to see it)

Also, I was grabbed by Part 9 Jason when I was 3/4 of the way through a window.

The Grand Slam Jason fix may help with that instance as well

Yeah, looking at grabs now internally.

Ill come back in a few to comment on more

- Gertz

3 hours ago, Corkenstein said:

I already have.  It's been too long of a wait for me on Xbox.

Plus with Destiny 2 out and all the other AAA titles being released in the coming monthes, I probably won't be touching this game for at least a month or two.  The lack of gameplay extenders doesn't help either.  It's cool they did that little trailer but I wonder if it is too little too late to bring some people back.  

Understandable.

Thanks for the feedback Gertz. I'm guessing since you didn't answer the window question, that they aren't being reverted back to prepatch? The new way is just bad and every Jason could break them with Combat Stance before. Just add combat stance to the how to play section and bring back the good window mechanics, please. You guys also never comment on Jason 7 and if he'll ever be tweaked instead of having all the worst pros and cons. ;-;

1 hour ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Thanks for the feedback Gertz. I'm guessing since you didn't answer the window question, that they aren't being reverted back to prepatch? The new way is just bad and every Jason could break them with Combat Stance before. Just add combat stance to the how to play section and bring back the good window mechanics, please. You guys also never comment on Jason 7 and if he'll ever be tweaked instead of having all the worst pros and cons. ;-;

They are probably still testing the new window mechanic and want to see how it plays in the community (without bugs and glitches) before they consider more change. Part 7 is not too high on the priority list since he works fine. Not as good as others but still effective enough for the moment. 

So, nobody is going to mention the XB1 hotfix isn't being released? Just when I think this clusterfuck of a game can't be anymore of a clusterfuck, it does. Incredible. 

Just now, Buttocks said:

So, nobody is going to mention the XB1 hotfix isn't being released? Just when I think this clusterfuck of a game can't be anymore of a clusterfuck, it does. Incredible. 

No need to mention it. We are kind of masochistic and secretly expected it since turn around at Microsoft is so frustratingly slow. Oh yeah Xbox...hurts so good. ::pinches nipples::  😆

GhostWolfViking likes this

4 minutes ago, Buttocks said:

Gertz stated they are holding off til the next patch.  But, in all honesty, do y'all really want the hot fix?  I'd almost rather have the last version back.  

23 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Gertz stated they are holding off til the next patch.  But, in all honesty, do y'all really want the hot fix?  I'd almost rather have the last version back.  

I want the hot fix. Do you know how hard it is to play without being able to morph?

23 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

I want the hot fix. Do you know how hard it is to play without being able to morph?

Glad mine works...funny how things don't break evenly for everyone.😊 Now...doors...I hate doors at the moment.

On 9/7/2017 at 7:08 PM, evil_weasel said:

@Gertz in PC will we be able to break windows without pressing E .... i only ask because that option feels like a console thing .. or can we have it where you can choose either of the two? because i really hate pressing E to break windows and i can't break them myself no more :(

Windows and Doors (In Verification)

• This will be a little longer...
  • We found an issue where Jason was only inflicting damage to the first object he hit...this was causing Door Breaking and Window Breaking to happen inconsistently as Jason would more often than not hit the Cabin before hitting the Door or Window.
  • This was also causing a number of other issues; Counselors not being hit when they should have been, objects not being hit when they should have been, Counselors not breaking counselors out of a choke, etc.
  • This was also having an unintended side effect of allowing counselors to gang up on Jason knowing he could only hit one counselor...he can now cause damage to multiple counselors at once...beware

When you attack, you generally hit some other collision first then the window and the window wasnt taking damage because of the bug noted here.

On 9/7/2017 at 7:28 PM, fourkillmaster said:

Still waiting on the perk limit to be increased, I have so many rare perks that I'm afraid to scrap any of them.

I will pass along the feedback

On 9/7/2017 at 7:49 PM, SnakeSound222 said:

Not just for PC... do it for all three platforms. PS4 players including myself want to be able to break them ourselves. I'm pretty sure some XB1 players feel the same way.

See the first reply above

On 9/8/2017 at 10:39 AM, VenomSymbiote said:

Does this mean you're reverting the windows back to before you made them terrible? Since as of now you need to hit a prompt that just automatically breaks the window. If you're fixing it so windows break even if you hit a house or something first, then I'm hoping that means the windows are going back to normal and just easier to break for those that don't know about combat stance. I mean if not why mention them at all, right?

Nothing is being reverted, please see my post above.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:45 AM, jameson87 said:

Man if they cancel it that would definitely be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Since I have lost any interest in online play lately.

Its not canceled.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:51 AM, Dkop27 said:

Sometimes repairing the phonebox is immediately cancelled out for no reason.

I saw that on Clove's stream the other day...I need a video if someone gets it to happen.

On 9/8/2017 at 1:36 PM, i-cold said:

The most serious problems are in performance , the epic settings are totally broken. This game has the potential to work in Epic settings at 1080p @ 60 fps minimum with a gtx 1060 6gb. I'm hoping to play with bots so I can always play with Jason, I dont like play  with counselours, but this would not be fair to other players, bots would solve my problem.

Working on the performance stuff.

On 9/8/2017 at 2:03 PM, f13jb95 said:

Two things I noticed when playing today:

Both less urgent issues, but would make the game a lot more polished if fixed.

1) The way the car drives is very laggy. It just doesn't look right when you're driving it. 

2) When running up the stairs in Higgins it just looks really weird! 

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback!

On 9/8/2017 at 3:10 PM, VenomSymbiote said:

Don't get too excited. I'm still curious about what they mean by the windows in regards to not breaking. With the prompt they always seem to break, so are they reverting them back to how they were or is there an issue with the prompt I don't know about? Please put them back to pre-patch... Jason 7 could use some love, too.

Please see my post above

22 hours ago, tjohnnyblue said:

Chad can't, he has lockjaw. For the bugs though, it would be nice to see Tommy drop to the ground instead of floating after taking the chest hole punch...

Does Tommy float all the time with that kill or is it only on certain maps or certain areas?

22 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

All the girls have AJ voice when they die, not sure if that's intentional or a bug. Also, no fix for the new glitch that has Jason not dropping victims while counselors are striking him? That makes me sad. 

Still, nice update and looking forward to it! 

We my previous reply post

22 hours ago, Barbara Ann said:

...I am trying so hard not to roll my eyes. Damn. I failed. 

Anyways. All the girls have AJ's voice when they die, not sure if that's a bug or intentional. Also...! No fix for the new glitch that makes Jason not to drop his victims from the grab while other counselors strike him? That makes me sad. 

Still, nice update and looking forward to it! 

Windows and Doors (In Verification)

• This will be a little longer...
  • We found an issue where Jason was only inflicting damage to the first object he hit...this was causing Door Breaking and Window Breaking to happen inconsistently as Jason would more often than not hit the Cabin before hitting the Door or Window.
  • This was also causing a number of other issues; Counselors not being hit when they should have been, objects not being hit when they should have been, Counselors not breaking counselors out of a choke, etc.
  • This was also having an unintended side effect of allowing counselors to gang up on Jason knowing he could only hit one counselor...he can now cause damage to multiple counselors at once...beware
22 hours ago, SuperheroOfBMX said:

Change the ping threshold on PC to 300ms, it'd be easier for non-us players to join matches with more people, it's pissing me off, everytime I want to play the game I can't join any matches

Ill double check but I think PC is set to that or higher. Ill ask on Monday.

19 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

Has nothing to do with being able to kill everyone. The windows, only hitting one counselor in a group, breaking down doors, everything Jason does should put fear or tension into the counselors. If there's something that he is subpar at while interacting with the counselors than it needs to be dealt with. His weapon should not hit only one person at a time in a group. He should not be held on a leash while trying to break a window. Counselors should not get a free pass to enter a window without taking damage. 

As I said it has nothing to do with getting everyone. It has everything to do with Jason feeling like Jason. If you're only playing the game for twitch views or because it looked fun, great, fine, that's cool. However don't disregard fans of the movies and horror games just because they want Jason to be what he truly should be. All because you go up against a group of people who don't get anything done, doesn't mean there aren't mechanics that are against Jason that shouldn't be. 

I'm not saying there weren't things that should have been fixed that were for Jason, either. He should not have been able to block flares, traps, shotguns, firecrackers. That was a good fix. These other things were needless and make Jason less of what he should be. You are quite welcome to your opinion and I'll even respect said opinion, but to disregard others and say they just want a free win or lack sportsmanship is uncalled for. I personally never tea-bag Jason, I try to help out counselors as Adam to either get objectives done or stall Jason as long as I can. I'll give counselors a first aid spray if I see they need it or if they hit one of my traps. I try to be as sportsmanlike as possible. 

Are you a fan of the films? Do you like horror games that are more than just jump scares? Because people who like them want Jason to be a force. Not just someone who can get 8/8, but something that is fun to play. When Kane Hodder first talked about playing as Jason in one of his interviews with the game staff he said you'd get a taste of what it's like to be in his shoes. These needless tweaks and nerfs make you feel less like Jason and more like a boring slow easily stun locked mass who can't hit something because a 2x4 was in the way. I want to feel like Jason when I'm playing him. I want counselors to have to work their ass off and not get away because the window requires I do a specific little dance before I break it. The main draw of the game is being an unstoppable Jason, and counselors who have to really work hard to get things done. I LIKE going up against an unstoppable Jason. I don't want him nerfed even when I'm a counselor. There's no fun if I know he's not a threat anymore. 

Seems like this patch is for you then since the bug that was only causing the first thing he hit to be damaged is fixed.

4 hours ago, Alkavian said:

@Gertz

Thanks for the feedback and hearing us out. Always good to see you slumming the forums. 👍

You are welcome

3 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

See my comment to your previous post and the patch notes regarding the window and door...there was a bug that was causing only the first thing you hit to take damage.

1 hour ago, Buttocks said:

I did mention its probably going to be skipped rather than wait and then be behind again.

Barbara Ann and fourkillmaster like this

1 hour ago, Buttocks said:

It sucks a little in the meantime, but the game will be better with the new patch. Just another wait for the Xbox One players. I've gotten used to it.

Nothing is being reverted, please see my post above.

So Jason is still on a leash dealing with the windows, thanks. I'll just wait for single player and play only it whenever it finally launches. Don't care much for not being able to deal with something so simple like windows as an unstoppable zombie killing machine would while against actual people, haha. It is sad that a few people who don't take the time to think or ask how to hit the one window type that needed combat stance are what's swaying the development of the game. Brings to mind the Cuphead video that's been floating around for the past week or so. Was a fun game while it lasted. I do appreciate the feedback though!

Edit: Unless of course what you're saying is that after this patch a normal swing will now break windows, just there will also be a prompt. I'd be fine with that but I'm unclear if this is what you're implying. 

Edited by VenomSymbiote
jameson87 likes this

6 hours ago, Gertz said:

Ive read it and passed it along. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks. You're the man.

And you don't have to revert the window mechanic. Instead have BOTH systems simulaneously. Have the prompt for those that want it, but melee attacks should still break windows. It's just weird that Jason can't attack windows. I say only have the "action" button break windows via the prompt and otherwise melee attacks can destroy them like before. Everyone wins.

1 hour ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Not my call, man.  If it were, I would have delayed this game another year and then released on PC first to see what issues were there.  Simply letting the Xbox crowd know they won't be getting the hot fix.  I'd gladly take the version prior to patch and hot fix.  

And than once the new patch launches, is it going to be across the board at the same time? Since we got no hot fix, I'm gonna be pissed if ps4 and pc gets this magical patch weeks before Xbox. If Xbox isn't ready, hold all versions till it is. 

6 minutes ago, Tim Voorhees13 said:

And than once the new patch launches, is it going to be across the board at the same time? Since we got no hot fix, I'm gonna be pissed if ps4 and pc gets this magical patch weeks before Xbox. If Xbox isn't ready, hold all versions till it is. 

I can see where you are coming from, but I have to disagree.

The issue with xbox is clearly on Microsoft's end. Whether it is one of requirement, or one of business practice, an NDA would likely prevent the developers from discussing it.

If there is a fix for broken content on one platform, it is a disservice to the customer to withhold that fix. If we were talking about something important, no one would want you to deny it to the people you can get it to right away just so that the people on the otherside of the world get it at the same time.

Think of it this way, I do not have to wait until midnight to see the latest CSI Anchorage (is CSI a thing, not much of a tv guy) because it is unfair to those on the west coast that I get to see it before they do. I would be kind of pissed actually if I had to watch my favourite Degrassi spin off in the wee hours because it is only fair that everyone get the content at once.

Choices have consequences, even the choice of what system you choose to purchase. One of the consequences of xbox is a sometimes delay in patch approval process.

Penalizing me by making me play broken content because your chosen medium has a different process seems unfair, since you are pushing your consequences on to others.

I'll look into it more and pay attention to it more Gertz, but if I had to guess right at the moment I would say its just that kill on him in general that causes Tommy to float. I haven't really paid attention to locations or specific maps, but remember seeing him doing it frequently.

Ive had a problem happen a couple of times when playing as jason... grabbing or swinging at an afk player will make them teleport underground making them un-killable.

other than that thanx for the update!!!  Is jason ever gonna be able to free swing windows again tho?

Quitters? can jason players still get the kill?

Throwing ppl thru windows... an open window no longer breaks when thats used as a kill... can that be reverted next patch? not a biggie to be honest...

PC .... im gonna be building a pc soon... with the pc version of this game get some exclusive content?

5 hours ago, Alkavian said:

No need to mention it. We are kind of masochistic and secretly expected it since turn around at Microsoft is so frustratingly slow. Oh yeah Xbox...hurts so good. ::pinches nipples::  😆

I don't need a hot fix. I'm good. :lol:

@Gertz Good luck with the NEXT patch.

little-nicky-i-m-good-o.gif

Alkavian likes this

@Gertz is a brave soul. He surfs these forums knowing they are a rough neighborhood and doesn't bat an eye. He may bleach his eyes when he leaves, but while he's here he endures.😆

GhostWolfViking likes this

7 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

@Gertz is a brave soul. He surfs these forums knowing they are a rough neighborhood and doesn't bat an eye. He may bleach his eyes when he leaves, but while he's here he endures.😆

To be fair I wouldn't be here discussing what I dislike about the game if I didn't enjoy it when it's functioning and Jason can do what he's supposed to be able to do without weird glitches or restrictions hindering him. I'm glad I give a damn enough to come around and ask for things to be changed for the better. 

4 hours ago, VenomSymbiote said:

So Jason is still on a leash dealing with the windows, thanks. I'll just wait for single player and play only it whenever it finally launches. Don't care much for not being able to deal with something so simple like windows as an unstoppable zombie killing machine would while against actual people, haha. It is sad that a few people who don't take the time to think or ask how to hit the one window type that needed combat stance are what's swaying the development of the game. Brings to mind the Cuphead video that's been floating around for the past week or so. Was a fun game while it lasted. I do appreciate the feedback though!

Edit: Unless of course what you're saying is that after this patch a normal swing will now break windows, just there will also be a prompt. I'd be fine with that but I'm unclear if this is what you're implying. 

Same.