Gertz

State of the Camp - Sept 7th, 2017

172 posts in this topic

Yes, the nerfs are being reversed! My fears are not true! Thank you guys for not giving in the demands for Jason nerfs! Jason will be feared once more! 

33 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

3. New Strength/Weakness: Rage: That Jason gains rage sooner/later than other Jasons.

Just don't give my boi Part 3 a Rage weakness. Please. That's all I ask for with this.

4 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Yes, the nerfs are being reversed! My fears are not true! Thank you guys for not giving in the demands for Jason nerfs! Jason will be feared once more! 

Just don't give my boi Part 3 a Rage weakness. Please. That's all I ask for with this.

I did not. ;)

Part 3
Strengths

• +Can Run - Self-explanatory.
  • +Weapon Strength - This Jason can deal more damage with his weapon against counselors.
  • +Grip Strength - It's harder to break out of this Jason's grasp, once he grabs you.
  • +Defense - This Jason has a higher chance to successfully block attacks(but not more HP).

Weaknesses

• -Stun Resistance - This Jason gets stunned more frequently than others.
  • -Sense Duration - Once sense is activated, it doesn't last very long for this Jason.
  • -Stalk - Shorter duration on this ability. Can only walk silently.
  • -Throwing Knives - This Jason starts with no throwing knives. (no more knives in the shack across the board)

SnakeSound222 likes this

@Gertz in PC will we be able to break windows without pressing E .... i only ask because that option feels like a console thing .. or can we have it where you can choose either of the two? because i really hate pressing E to break windows and i can't break them myself no more :(

13 hours ago, Tattooey said:

you can thank Microsoft for that ... they have to approve on the patches and all... what i gather from other developers on other games ... it's easy to get a patch uploaded to PlayStation ... and super easy on Steam ..

@Gertz

Why is Xbox always delayed on patches & never spoken about? It's tough trying to play the game with all the issues but it's even more difficult when there is no information regarding when they might be potential fixed.

I understand actual dates aren't given for the reason of a possibly delay but at least a time frame would help a lot of us cope with these issues by seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Theres also a major issue with firecrackers not stunning Jason at all I would say anywhere from 25 to 50 percent of the time they are dropped & Jason is standing ontop of them.

39 minutes ago, evil_weasel said:

@Gertz in PC will we be able to break windows without pressing E .... i only ask because that option feels like a console thing .. or can we have it where you can choose either of the two? because i really hate pressing E to break windows and i can't break them myself no more :(

Not just for PC... do it for all three platforms. PS4 players including myself want to be able to break them ourselves. I'm pretty sure some XB1 players feel the same way.

j03audette likes this

6 hours ago, CrissRiot said:

Only other (minor?) thing you could look at would be Savini not being in the random Jason pool(for those that have him). Right now, there's absolutely no chance to get Savini playing Random.

@Gertz,  As a Savini owner, this is really the only reason I have him set as my main Jason (with my counselors always on Random).  Seeing as how Retro Jason is being reworked to be his own Jason and will most likely be able to be selected through Random, could you guys look into adding Savini in there as well?

As a side question, with the fix of the male VOs, will Tommy have all his own audio as well?  There are certain times, like when he is in crippled state, where he will sound just like the other males (exactly like the bug affecting the other counselors voices).

2 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

@Gertz,  As a Savini owner, this is really the only reason I have him set as my main Jason (with my counselors always on Random).  Seeing as how Retro Jason is being reworked to be his own Jason and will most likely be able to be selected through Random, could you guys look into adding Savini in there as well?

Oh! Wow! I never even knew about that. No wonder I've never had the Savini skin chosen for me ever since switching to random for Jason. Hopefully he does get added as a possibility to be selected for the people who prefer to set it on random.

3 hours ago, j03audette said:

Oh! Wow! I never even knew about that. No wonder I've never had the Savini skin chosen for me ever since switching to random for Jason. Hopefully he does get added as a possibility to be selected for the people who prefer to set it on random.

I think they locked Savini out of random because no doubt there would be a bug where non-savini owners would be able to play as savini through random chance.

This is getting really annoying, I have rarely rarley completed a match playing as Jason in the last 2 weeks or so. With out fail the hosts are quitting left and right, I am a PS4 player with an EXCELLENT internet connection. Rubbish currently an online ONLY game. 

PLEAE FIX THIS.  

New patch coming soon to a nearby soon if not sooner then later will be soon enough if it's not to soon already because sooner the better which will be pretty soon with a side of shrimp fried soon.

oQLsVAJ.jpg

1 hour ago, mr.ultimatecollections said:

This is getting really annoying, I have rarely rarley completed a match playing as Jason in the last 2 weeks or so. With out fail the hosts are quitting left and right, I am a PS4 player with an EXCELLENT internet connection. Rubbish currently an online ONLY game. 

PLEAE FIX THIS.  

This when be resolved with the implementation of dedicated servers. In the meantime you could try cycling through lobbies until you get to host. Then you are in control of the game. 

• We found an issue where Jason was only inflicting damage to the first object he hit...this was causing Door Breaking and Window Breaking to happen inconsistently as Jason would more often than not hit the Cabin before hitting the Door or Window.

Does this mean you're reverting the windows back to before you made them terrible? Since as of now you need to hit a prompt that just automatically breaks the window. If you're fixing it so windows break even if you hit a house or something first, then I'm hoping that means the windows are going back to normal and just easier to break for those that don't know about combat stance. I mean if not why mention them at all, right?

19 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Also, I totally promised I wasn't going to bitch about single player until September 22nd or they cancel it, whichever comes first. 

Perhaps you should give yourself until mid-October. Big things are expected to happen with the game to coincide with the physical disc release on Friday, October 13th.  ;)  

20 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I am not saying that. 

Also, I totally promised I wasn't going to bitch about single player until September 22nd or they cancel it, whichever comes first. 

I just condensed all of the things they said last week in to a simple statement. 

Man if they cancel it that would definitely be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. Since I have lost any interest in online play lately.

44 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Perhaps you should give yourself until mid-October. Big things are expected to happen with the game to coincide with the physical disc release on Friday, October 13th.  ;)  

I bought the game under the auspices of summer 2017. I can totally bitch on September 22nd.

I know it seems a bit of a jerky boy thing to do, but in the end if they are delaying it, they should anounce right away, not wait. Rip that band aid off asap.

30 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I bought the game under the auspices of summer 2017. I can totally bitch on September 22nd.

I know it seems a bit of a jerky boy thing to do, but in the end if they are delaying it, they should anounce right away, not wait. Rip that band aid off asap.

Couldn't agree more. 

Love the game and continue to play it almost exclusively.

But if we're not getting that summer '17 single player, and they already know it, they need to get that word out.

35 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Well, here's the deal: if bitching will make you feel better, go nuts. It will change little other than perhaps your mood. But I acknowledge these poor guys are working themselves into an early grave (no pun intended) trying to get this game to be one of the best games in history. Of course it isn't now, but I'm fully prepared to give them as much time as they need to get it right -- so long as they're faithfully working on it. Whether it be on September 22nd, or 21 days later on October 13th, or next summer. Whatever it takes to get it right. If the end result is THAT good, you really can't ask for much more than that.

2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Well, here's the deal: if bitching will make you feel better, go nuts. It will change little other than perhaps your mood. But I acknowledge these poor guys are working themselves into an early grave (no pun intended) trying to get this game to be one of the best games in history. Of course it isn't now, but I'm fully prepared to give them as much time as they need to get it right -- so long as they're faithfully working on it. Whether it be on September 22nd, or 21 days later on October 13th, or next summer. Whatever it takes to get it right. If the end result is THAT good, you really can't ask for much more than that.

No deal.

Assumes facts not in evidence. While they may in fact be working hard, your characterization of their burning the midnight oil, and candle at both ends with their noses to the grindstone is simply not necessarily true, nor is it expected. If you are referring to the PC gamer article about Randy, I cannot comment on that in any way that is productive or respectful. I do not know the man

You seem prone to hyperbole. I do not expect the best game in history, and if that is what they are trying to do, it is doomed to failure.

Here is exactly what I can ask for. The product I paid for in the time frame agreed upon at the time of purchase. Should unforeseen difficulties arise, I expect to be given notice of that situation, as soon as possible.

I should be clear, by bitching I mean advocating my due as a customer and nothing more. They do not owe me the best game in history, or even a bug free game. They owe me the best game they can make, with the promised features when the promised them, or a good reason as to why not. That is it. I paid them in advance, just as I did the people who just did my roof. I required an estimated finish date, and they gave me one. The owner of the company phoned me one day to say, that due to the weather, they would be unable to make that date, but that they would do it as soon as possible. I said ok, let me know when. That is a completely reasonable business practice. This isn't rocket surgery.

Here's how it would not have been good.

Pay my money. No contact. Work not done at the time it was supposed to be. An excuse after the fact. That is not the way you do business and or keep customers.

It is clear to me that if they aren't going to make the deadline, they knew in August, that is when the information came down off of the store page and the website.

The most serious problems are in performance , the epic settings are totally broken. This game has the potential to work in Epic settings at 1080p @ 60 fps minimum with a gtx 1060 6gb. I'm hoping to play with bots so I can always play with Jason, I dont like play  with counselours, but this would not be fair to other players, bots would solve my problem.

20 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

No deal.

Assumes facts not in evidence. While they may in fact be working hard, your characterization of their burning the midnight oil, and candle at both ends with their noses to the grindstone is simply not necessarily true, nor is it expected. If you are referring to the PC gamer article about Randy, I cannot comment on that in any way that is productive or respectful. I do not know the man

You seem prone to hyperbole. I do not expect the best game in history, and if that is what they are trying to do, it is doomed to failure.

Here is exactly what I can ask for. The product I paid for in the time frame agreed upon at the time of purchase. Should unforeseen difficulties arise, I expect to be given notice of that situation, as soon as possible.

I should be clear, by bitching I mean advocating my due as a customer and nothing more. They do not owe me the best game in history, or even a bug free game. They owe me the best game they can make, with the promised features when the promised them, or a good reason as to why not. That is it. I paid them in advance, just as I did the people who just did my roof. I required an estimated finish date, and they gave me one. The owner of the company phoned me one day to say, that due to the weather, they would be unable to make that date, but that they would do it as soon as possible. I said ok, let me know when. That is a completely reasonable business practice. This isn't rocket surgery.

Here's how it would not have been good.

Pay my money. No contact. Work not done at the time it was supposed to be. An excuse after the fact. That is not the way you do business and or keep customers.

It is clear to me that if they aren't going to make the deadline, they knew in August, that is when the information came down off of the store page and the website.

Yeah, I fully support this game and the teams working on it and I'm looking forward to more to come. And if the single player is delayed, I, honestly, have no problem with that at all! I do, however, agree that they should communicate delays ahead of time. I doubt they are being coy about it for any underhanded reasons, at all. I think, just as before, they just want to meet their stated goals and refuse to look up at the clock and admit defeat when there is still time. I understand that mentality and admire it a bit, but it is unquestionably the wrong way to handle things, in a business sense.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. I will hold no ill will either way. I just agree that delays are better announced well ahead of time, rather than last minute, or after the fact (or, even more so, left unaddressed).

I'd have no shock or even negative thoughts if they can't meet the summer date. What they have accomplished, and what they have to deal with, is enormous, and I expect growing pains. And time is not as long as we like to think - so, from initial release to "summer" was not a long enough time (I don't think) to get things ready. A small team is working on trying to fix everything and build and release a full single player game (or, at least, the beginnings of what single player can bring to the game). That's a hell of a juggling act and even a larger studio would have trouble meeting that schedule.

Anyway... who knows... maybe they'll be ready. I'm not judging or doubting them. I'll be here and I hope to be playing this game, in various forms, for much time to come. SO, summer, fall, winter... whatever... (that's just for ME though; I can't ask anyone else to feel the same!).

Anyway, figured I'd save you any more "bitching" before your intended date! :D 

I hear what you're saying and agree with it, in principal.

Definitelynotjason likes this

1 minute ago, Nomadder said:

Yeah, I fully support this game and the teams working on it and I'm looking forward to more to come. And if the single player is delayed, I, honestly, have no problem with that at all! I do, however, agree that they should communicate delays ahead of time. I doubt they are being coy about it for any underhanded reasons, at all. I think, just as before, they just want to meet their stated goals and refuse to look up at the clock and admit defeat when there is still time. I understand that mentality and admire it a bit, but it is unquestionably the wrong way to handle things, in a business sense.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. I will hold no ill will either way. I just agree that delays are better announced well ahead of time, rather than last minute, or after the fact (or, even more so, left unaddressed).

I'd have no shock or even negative thoughts if they can't meet the summer date. What they have accomplished, and what they have to deal with, is enormous, and I expect growing pains. And time is not as long as we like to think - so, from initial release to "summer" was not a long enough time (I don't think) to get things ready. A small team is working on trying to fix everything and build and release a full single player game (or, at least, the beginnings of what single player can bring to the game). That's a hell of a juggling act and even a larger studio would have trouble meeting that schedule.

Anyway... who knows... maybe they'll be ready. I'm not judging or doubting them. I'll be here and I hope to be playing this game, in various forms, for much time to come. SO, summer, fall, winter... whatever... (that's just for ME though; I can't ask anyone else to feel the same!).

Anyway, figured I'd save you any more "bitching" before your intended date! :D 

I hear what you're saying and agree with it, in principal.

Yeah, I have no doubt they are working hard, and want to put out the best product they can. I really believe they love these movies and this game. Oh sure, there's at least 3 employees who are just doing their job, cause that is the way the world works, but as far as corporate atmosphere, I am sure it is passionate.

The draw back here is the fan base is passionate too.

I would completely understand if it was delayed. Bugs and glitches have probably been a bit more rampant than they had initially thought or planned for. I can completely understand that.

Nomadder likes this

40 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

No deal.

But are you not doing the same? What evidence do you have that they are not?  By your logic, we should only be operating off an entirely bipartisan, unbiased approach, which would include not assuming they are not doing enough, yes?

This "assumes facts not in evidence." I said they are TRYING to get this game to be one of the greatest games ever, not that it would be. Is that illogical? When you create something, is your goal not to create it to be the best it can possibly be? I don't see how you think this phrasing -- especially when dealing with a group who clearly has an incredible passion for the franchise -- is inappropriate.

I think that's not a good analogy. You need your roof to live. It protects your family and belongings from the elements, and is therefore essential. Yes, a roof is essential to planning your life around its proposed completion date. I cannot give you the same importance on a video game. If its completion WERE as important than a roof, I wager they'd have doubled-down and have it to your satisfaction by now. And it isn't "rocket surgery," but it's no less intense and precise. It takes time, which is what most of their customers simply don't wish to give them.

This is one point where I can agree with you. If I do see one area they can improve upon, it is the communication frequency with their customers. Like the game, it's not perfect. But this one seems a bit easier to remedy. I'm with you on it. However, I think with what they're constantly doing for improving the game, a more efficient (and nicer) tactic might be for us to mention it -- frequently, if necessary -- rather than "bitch." As you likely well know, people tend to work harder from encouragements and understanding than they do from "piss and vinegar." If you have a complaint, voice it. But the game will be no better if you are mean or nice about it. You will simply make someone's day better or worse. You decide which that will be.

Two things I noticed when playing today:

Both less urgent issues, but would make the game a lot more polished if fixed.

1) The way the car drives is very laggy. It just doesn't look right when you're driving it. 

2) When running up the stairs in Higgins it just looks really weird! 

Thanks