Gertz

State of the Camp - Sept 7th, 2017

172 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

I want to try and give regular updates on whats going on here at IllFonic and what we are currently working on, things get busy so I cant promise these every week but I will do my best.

Right now I dont have dates for patches yet...just Soon™

Bugs

• Perk Fixes (Fixed Internally)
    • We have internal fixes for Grease Monkey, Heavy Hitter, Man at Arms, and Tinker. QA has verified them and they should be in the next patch.
    • If people find issues with any other Perks let me know
  • PhD for Murder (In Verification)
    • We have a fix for XB1 and Steam not working; QA is verifying on both platforms but its going to take a little bit before I know for sure if its fixed or not.
  • Pocket Knife Fixes (Fixed Internally)
    • Additional fixes for the spam kill exploit.
  • Stun Locking Jason (Fixed Internally)
    • We found an issue where the Stun Timer was being doubled...opps, its fixed internally and will be rolled out with the next patch.
  • Jason Stun Animation (Fixed Internally)
    • We found an issue where after Jason was stunned but hit again it was breaking the Stun Animation/Pose making it appear Jason was no longer stunned when he actually was.
  • Grand Slam Jason (Fixed Internally)
    • We fixed a number of issues where Counselors could knock Jason across the map...it may still happen occasionally but it should not happen as often anymore.
  • Male Counselor Voices  (In Verification)
    • Fixed an issue where male counselors were using the same sound files...we checked it in late last night so we need QA to verify its working now.
  • Misc Audio (In Verification)
    • Fixed an issue where certain audio was being heard across the map
  • Windows and Doors (In Verification)
    • This will be a little longer...
    • We found an issue where Jason was only inflicting damage to the first object he hit...this was causing Door Breaking and Window Breaking to happen inconsistently as Jason would more often than not hit the Cabin before hitting the Door or Window.
    • This was also causing a number of other issues; Counselors not being hit when they should have been, objects not being hit when they should have been, Counselors not breaking counselors out of a choke, etc.
    • This was also having an unintended side effect of allowing counselors to gang up on Jason knowing he could only hit one counselor...he can now cause damage to multiple counselors at once...beware
  • Performance (In Progress)
    • This is a big one that we are currently trying to track down. No info yet...

If there are other things not mentioned above drop them in the comments. 

Be gentle...

- Gertz

@Gertz thanks again! For the male counselor voices, does this mean all of them will have separate voices now (besides Chad)? Like in the VC?

Love the ™ after "Soon".  Thanks Gertz, I was wondering when we get an update.

Nothing on the XB1 Hot Fix I assume?

3 minutes ago, Gertz said:

just Soon™

I love this.

I've seen the "Grand Slam Jason" only happen twice so far. Definitely looking forward to the perk and windows and doors fixes.

And thanks for the update @Gertz

Wow, looks like the next patch will be the winner to fix glitches that have been since launch. Crossing fingers and hope they don't merge the wrong build. ;)

Thanks Gertz for being involved with the forum community. It's a breath of fresh air to get updates in the official forum and not some other place I don't even want to belong to. 

Thanks for being transparent! Weekly updates will surely calm everyone's nerves, so I thank you for trying!

Also, I love the fixes to counselor voices! The next sound fix I would like to see is the "dropped item" sound effect. Currently the only way you hear them is if you're host of a private lobby (on PC as I know of).

We have internal fixes for Grease Monkey, Heavy Hitter, Man at Arms, and Tinker. QA has verified them and they should be in the next patch.

If people find issues with any other Perks let me know

So to clarify, as far as you know, these are the only perks with issues? Thanks for this update!

12 minutes ago, Deeify said:

Love the ™ after "Soon".  Thanks Gertz, I was wondering when we get an update.

Nothing on the XB1 Hot Fix I assume?

At least he has a sense of humor about it.

tumblr_o1gnduHBuV1u2ragso1_500.gif  Xbox players waiting on the hotfix.:P

TheHansonGoons likes this

tumblr_nd35neloJ71rqfhi2o1_500.gif

1. What about Part 9 using Part 3 music?

2. What about Jason spawning in new areas besides his shack at mapstart? Like the lake or the woods or wherever. Just give him the knives from the start.

3. What about having the chance to have all 3 vehicle escapes on the larger maps? Boat and both cars?

4. What about counselors locking items in rooms to troll others from getting them?

5. What about potentially bringing back special abilities for counselor?

6. What about Jason being allowed to use his traps indoors since counselors can use them in and out?

7. What about counselors being allowed to disable Jason's traps without a pocket knife using skill check, with the trade off being instant limp regardless of perks?

8. What about making Jason more immune to stun the more stunned he gets, combined with rage?

9. What about tweaking Part 7 in a manner that would make him more desirable to play as?

10. What about tweaking grabs to utilize counselor skills rather than making them instant deaths? You remove grip strength as a strength/weakness for Jasons and instead make grabs a skill check event where strength and composure determine whether counselors can escape? Obviously the pocket knife would allow the counselor to bypass the skill check event, but the trade off is other counselors can knock Jason off the counselor. If they fail the skill check, they are allowed to be grab killed.

11. Whats the status on Fox?

12. What about a buff for all Jasons melee weapon range, minus Part 6 and Savini? This would make melee weapon strikes more desirable out of shift as opposed to grab. Make it a much larger radius in all directions.

13. What about weather being toggable in maps or added to new maps?

14. Will the next map have a large and small variant?

15. How many new counselors will we get in the next major DLC?

16. When can we expect Crystal Lake hats, shirts and clothes for the counselors?

17. When can we expect an antagonist type character to make it to the game? Like Dr. Crews, Charles, Ethel, etc

18. Will you be designing a new map based off the NES Version of Crystal Lake? With the cave, etc maybe a zombie easter egg, etc

19. Can we expect ANY new abilities to be added to gameplay for Jason down the line that might help make him more robust and fun? Multi kill for those gang assaults by counselors? Throwing knive head shot instant kills? Primary weapon throw for an instant kill?

20. Will we see new forms of escape down the line?

21. When will see more lobby/game customization? Either for Quick Match or Private match?

Things like...

1. Allowing the lobby host to change the map timer to infinite or longer or shorter, etc

2. Allowing the lobby host to change the amount of escapes available to counselor, of course one always has to be available

3. Allowing the lobby host to change the weather effects, if they aren't built into the maps or new maps

4. Something like a hardcore mode for both sides...Jason doesn't know where the cars or phone box, etc are and the counselors never hear Jason's music anymore, etc

52 minutes ago, Gertz said:

Bugs

• We have internal fixes for Grease Monkey, Heavy Hitter, Man at Arms, and Tinker. QA has verified them and they should be in the next patch.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone

I want to try and give regular updates on whats going on here at IllFonic and what we are currently working on, things get busy so I cant promise these every week but I will do my best.

Right now I dont have dates for patches yet...just Soon™

Bugs

• PhD for Murder (In Verification)
    • We have a fix for XB1 and Steam not working; QA is verifying on both platforms but its going to take a little bit before I know for sure if its fixed or not.
  • Pocket Knife Fixes (Fixed Internally)
    • Additional fixes for the spam kill exploit.
  • Stun Locking Jason (Fixed Internally)
    • We found an issue where the Stun Timer was being doubled...opps, its fixed internally and will be rolled out with the next patch.
  • Jason Stun Animation (Fixed Internally)
    • We found an issue where after Jason was stunned but hit again it was breaking the Stun Animation/Pose making it appear Jason was no longer stunned when he actually was.
  • Grand Slam Jason (Fixed Internally)
    • We fixed a number of issues where Counselors could knock Jason across the map...it may still happen occasionally but it should not happen as often anymore.
  • Male Counselor Voices  (In Verification)
    • Fixed an issue where male counselors were using the same sound files...we checked it in late last night so we need QA to verify its working now.
  • Misc Audio (In Verification)
    • Fixed an issue where certain audio was being heard across the map
  • Windows and Doors (In Verification)
    • This will be a little longer...
    • We found an issue where Jason was only inflicting damage to the first object he hit...this was causing Door Breaking and Window Breaking to happen inconsistently as Jason would more often than not hit the Cabin before hitting the Door or Window.
    • This was also causing a number of other issues; Counselors not being hit when they should have been, objects not being hit when they should have been, Counselors not breaking counselors out of a choke, etc.
    • This was also having an unintended side effect of allowing counselors to gang up on Jason knowing he could only hit one counselor...he can now cause damage to multiple counselors at once...beware
  • Performance (In Progress)
    • This is a big one that we are currently trying to track down. No info yet...

If there are other things not mentioned above drop them in the comments. 

Be gentle...

- Gertz

Thanks!!  Hopefully you are being paid double for incorporating the Community Manager position into your role as well.  I gotta say, you made me a firm supporter of IllFonic.  Thank you for going above and beyond and showing how much IllFonic cares about their community.  This information is great to have. 

@Gertz has there been any discussion on the Higgins bug where players become immune to sense.  Everything else on the list looks great but this bug has been around forever and I haven't found anything to suggest it's being worked on. I'm not going into specifics here if you are unaware of this being a thing feel free to message me and I'll explain what I believe to know about it. 

Just now, UprightChair said:

@Gertz has there been any discussion on the Higgins bug where players become immune to sense.  Everything else on the list looks great but this bug has been around forever and I haven't found anything to suggest it's being worked on. I'm not going into specifics here if you are unaware of this being a thing feel free to message me and I'll explain what I believe to know about it. 

Oh yeah. That is a good one. The stupid sense immunity windows at the main house which seem to have been there since launch. :)

im pretty sure it has been the worst part is for even people who don't know about it you can trigger it just because of the way you choose to move through a house.  Thinking back I think the first time I survived the night was because of that bug.  Playing as Vanessa and being mortally wounded screen was so dark I couldn't see anything and I'm basically crawling through the woods waiting to bleed out (ya know because back then I thought bleeding out was a thing) the two minute warning goes and I just kept crawling.  I imagine I was making plenty of noise but this was day 1-3 and I'm sure the Jason at the time didn't know how to track sound blips not that anyone at that point really knew much about the game. 

4 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

You forgot to add that pc and ps4 will get all this before xbox even gets the Hot fix.

giphy.gif

Couldn't resist could you.

RAGEVIRUS likes this