Tecomate Buck

Getting into Mask Making...

19 posts in this topic

Hey, I decided that I wanted to get into Mask Making ( Latex ones ), like what Tom Savini does, obviously I'll never be nearly as good as him. But any help on getting started? I'm only 14 so I'm on a slight budget. Thanks!

1 person likes this

This isn't really suitable for this forum, this is really just for introductions.

I'll move it along to Off Topic and hopefully you'll get some feedback there.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Tecomate Buck said:

Hey, I decided that I wanted to get into Mask Making ( Latex ones ), like what Tom Savini does, obviously I'll never be nearly as good as him. But any help on getting started? I'm only 14 so I'm on a slight budget. Thanks!

Woah..  you're really intellegent for a 14 year old.

12 hours ago, Tecomate Buck said:

Your really smart for 14 I'm 16 and I'm horrible with English and mask making would be really hard but I believe in you

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Your really smart for 14 I'm 16 and I'm horrible with English and mask making would be really hard but I believe in you

I believe in you my friend

1 person likes this

Just now, Absurd Boy said:

I believe in you my friend

I don't know him so I didn't say friend but still believe in you

Just now, Moe9999633 said:

I don't know him so I didn't say friend but still believe in you

Everyone is fine in my book.

9 hours ago, Absurd Boy said:

Everyone is fine in my book.

Thank you for being a good person 

Thank you for being a good person but I what fine do you mean pretty or nice

I'm sorry I didn't get what you're trying to say. Repeat that?

2 minutes ago, Absurd Boy said:

I'm sorry I didn't get what you're trying to say. Repeat that?

I'm sorry for my mistakes I'm very tired you know what I'll tell you in the morning I'm really tired goodnight 

I'm sorry for my mistakes I'm very tired you know what I'll tell you in the morning I'm really tired 

I understand. No worries

Just now, Absurd Boy said:

I understand. No worries

Thank you and goodnight 

7 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

Thanks : ) I'm big into Halloween so I feel like customizing my own. 

10 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

This isn't really suitable for this forum, this is really just for introductions.

I'll move it along to Off Topic and hopefully you'll get some feedback there.

Oh ok, sorry and thanks.

On 9/6/2017 at 7:27 PM, Tecomate Buck said:

Maybe start off slow by getting already made jason style masks that are white and paint them. Then as you get more into it you will know masks better and be able to ake some cool masks. i make jason masks for fun. i will take a picture of one and show you what i mean. 

1 person likes this

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-custom-latex-halloween-masks-on-a-budget/ makes cool masks, horrible at English and editing.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mask+making+tutorial&qs=n&form=QBVR&sp=-1&pq=mask+making+tutorial&sc=5-20&sk=&cvid=FD5EE6B641D34CD4811C1DF796C09D5A 

Wish you the best of luck with this. When I was your age I first saw Dawn of the Dead and was immediately hooked on Savini's effects. I Always wanted to try to make some masks, cadavers, and other gore special effects but never made the time to. I am 35 now and still hoping to get into it. Start now and you may end up with an amazing career!

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-custom-latex-halloween-masks-on-a-budget/ makes cool masks, horrible at English and editing.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mask+making+tutorial&qs=n&form=QBVR&sp=-1&pq=mask+making+tutorial&sc=5-20&sk=&cvid=FD5EE6B641D34CD4811C1DF796C09D5A 

Wish you the best of luck with this. When I was your age I first saw Dawn of the Dead and was immediately hooked on Savini's effects. I Always wanted to try to make some masks, cadavers, and other gore special effects but never made the time to. I am 35 now and still hoping to get into it. Start now and you may end up with an amazing career!

Wow. Thanks. This definitely helps ?

On 9/8/2017 at 9:21 AM, Mr.Unknownyt said:

Maybe start off slow by getting already made jason style masks that are white and paint them. Then as you get more into it you will know masks better and be able to ake some cool masks. i make jason masks for fun. i will take a picture of one and show you what i mean. 

It would be a pleasureto see them.