Alkavian

The Playbook - Techniques and Strategies

88 posts in this topic

Hey Campers,

This is a thread that I have been meaning to do for some time but have not previously got around to it. Many times I have new players ask me for advice in game or I see new players lamenting that there isn't more information given in regards to tutorials and strategies. They get the generic, break windows, trap phone first, trap four-seater, don't play Part 7, et cetera but do not actually hear much in terms of specific strategies for specific situations. What I would like to do with this thread is pick a specific scenario or strategy about once, maybe twice, a week and discuss different approaches to dealing with it. Think of it as a playbook where we can share ideas and specific approaches we use for a given situation. This thread will not be on any one specific topic but something that evolves and changes weekly.

This first week, I got my inspiration from @Tekdrudge. The topic was regarding shift-grab and if it was skill or luck. See topic here:

WEEK 1 - The Juke (let us talk about the fine art of leaving Jason in the dust)

Ok, some might say this is self-explanatory. Don't run in straight lines or git gud or some other such nonsense. New players, and some veterans, have issues with avoiding the aforementioned Shift-Grab. People can be pretty salty about it. There are things that will help offset the skill of the players who have mastered this technique.

A. Bear in mind perspective/point of view. A Jason approaching from the rear has YOU as a foreground target. Moving in a linear direction away or perpendicular to Jason's perspective makes you an easier target. Counselors that are walking or jogging are easy pickings in these situations and running counselors are not much better off when moving perpendicular to Jason's perspective. Moving away is slightly better when sprinting because you *possibly* can open up enough distance when he comes out to Shift-Grab you - he might miss. Either way these are less desirable techniques in my opinion.

B. Closing the distance of YOU as a foreground target is used by a lot of people. They are trying to throw off Jason's perspective and make him overshoot the target by doubling back on their own path. This can work against short-range Shifts, but it is still essentially moving in the same azimuth (from Jason's point of view) and simply closing the distance quickly. A good Jason can still easily snatch you.

C. I recommend using a triangle pattern: You change your foreground presence by moving diagonally. This adjusts your range from Jason in the foreground and makes him consider more than one axis of movement (you are not just moving back and forth or left and right).

59b0276a0058e_Jukesplaybook.jpg.c584cde9b64e41c70765e8c00372f6c6.jpg

Figure 1:  Moving directly away. Probably the worst option. You are only adjusting your position in the same direction of movement as Jason is facing.

Figure 2.  Moving perpendicular to Jason. Bad (it gets worse the farther you are away because Jason has more time to steer the hit). A simple Shift approach, leading you like in a shooter game, and Jason has you.

Figure 3.  Better than 1 or 2 because you are closing the distance between Jason and reducing the time to react. Best used on extremely short Shift distances to throw off the Jason player. It is OK. DO NOT TRY AGAINST A LONG SHIFT. You're just making it easy for shift ninja Jason in my opinion.

Figure 4.  This is what I do. I change my position both in the foreground and laterally. I move primarily in diagonals and they are strung together in a quick series of adjustments. Don't run any one leg more than a second or so. After the end of two diagonal movements you make a break (horizontal seems best). I would recommend breaking back towards the original center-line for your axis of advance (complete the triangle). This will often throw off Jason's Shift approach and get you out of the grab swath. Remember you can also invert and/or reverse this tactic to make your counselor very unpredictable for a Shift-grabbing Jason.

Additional Info:  Juking on rough terrain benefits the counselor. Jason has a tendency to get hung up on rocks, trees, building corners, and just about anything else. As you are running/jogging be expecting the Shift and thinking about which way to initiate your juke to put the most obstacles between you and Jason while keeping up your erratic evasion.

11 people like this

Love this topic, and love the John Madden-esque football breakdowns, complete with diagrams!

Well done.

How do you feel about triangle, but then going BACK toward the jason rather than forward? It works all of those axis and can be disorienting to deal with.

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, Decayed_Beauty said:

Love this topic, and love the John Madden-esque football breakdowns, complete with diagrams!

Well done.

How do you feel about triangle, but then going BACK toward the jason rather than forward? It works all of those axis and can be disorienting to deal with.

It works well and it is useful should the nearest cabin be behind you. Remember always consider:  "Where do I go to safety if I evade?" Juking and moving off into an area of the map with no safe stop to regain Stamina is often a death sentence. The direction you break, I would recommend, should take you to the nearest safe zone (cabin/structure) where you can catch your breath. It is not too big of a deal for Tommy or Vanessa, but with LaChappa for example, you NEED to have that breather after evading. Evading should ideally be done when SPRINTING, but it will eat up that stamina pool quick. You are doing a lot of movement in trade for not a whole lot of ground covered.

It is good if Jason is disoriented briefly but I think the more important thing to consider is that on a miss with Shift, you have breathing room for the next 25-40 seconds assuming you still have some GO in the gas tank to get to safety. Don't waste stamina for the sake of confusing Jason. Burn what you need to evade then increase the distance between you and him while moving towards safety.

11 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

It works well and it is useful should the nearest cabin be behind you. Remember always consider:  "Where do I go to safety if I evade?" Juking and moving off into an area of the map with no safe stop to regain Stamina is often a death sentence. The direction you break, I would recommend, should take you to the nearest safe zone (cabin/structure) where you can catch your breath. It is not too big of a deal for Tommy or Vanessa, but with LaChappa for example, you NEED to have that breather after evading. Evading should ideally be done when SPRINTING, but it will eat up that stamina pool quick. You are doing a lot of movement in trade for not a whole lot of ground covered.

It is good if Jason is disoriented briefly but I think the more important thing to consider is that on a miss with Shift, you have breathing room for the next 25-40 seconds assuming you still have some GO in the gas tank to get to safety. Don't waste stamina for the sake of confusing Jason. Burn what you need to evade then increase the distance between you and him while moving towards safety.

This is why I always believe in awareness. Trying to keep in mind where things are in relation to me on the map, but also visually. The visual is very important because you will often lose that mini map and it seems like a lot of people get killed on that in my experience anyway. They start well enough in the chase, but then they gas out and even if I cant shift for a bit, they broke in some direction that is all of a sudden taking them AWAY from everything.

Though this is not a competitive game really, it does strike me still how deep this game can play.

As you have said with terrain, I also try to use trees to my advantage.  I like to zig zag in and out of them because Jason will get hung up.  Great post.  Keep it coming. 

2 people like this

miss.jpg.ed1155e74608eea507ca94350065621a.jpg

In principle this is what happens (against a lot of Jason's). The yellow lines represent set up as both players maneuver. This cue starts for the counselor immediately when they see *VHS static*. Jason's will move to lead and intercept at this stage.

The orange lines show final approach for Jason trying to lead their target and shows the secondary adjustment the counselor makes. It baits Jason because most think it will be even easier when you are now moving on converging axis. They would be absolutely correct if you stayed this course.

The break happens with a greater than 90 degree juke. Jason in Shift moves in wide circles so this turn is usually too much to counter. They overshoot and end up out of position.

1 person likes this

A couple of other points you might want to keep in mind.
When you're running away from Jason, make use of the rear-facing camera to keep an eye on him (RB on Xbox).  This is critical for a few reasons - rather than just sprint and burn all of your stamina the second he appears, I find it's usually better to make sure you get a little distance between you, then slow to a jog to conserve stamina while looking backwards to see what Jason is doing - and if he went after another target or is on your tail.

You'll be able to see if he stops and lines up a throwing knife shot. This is great for two reasons.  First, obviously you can start swerving and juking and make it harder for him to hit you and damage you, and second, if he's aiming a knife he's not moving - that gives you a great window for a quick sprint to add some more distance between you and him.

Also, you'll be able to SEE when he's about to shift and try to close the gap on you.  You can keep an eye on his red arrow on the mini-map as well - and absolutely should - but looking behind you you'll be able to see which Jason he is (which tells you how fast his shift is and how much ground it'll cover), and see the moment that he crouches and vanishes as he launches it.  

In my experience that makes it easier to time your juke better - if you're a ways off and start sprinting the SECOND he shifts, he may be able to change course and follow you (ironically easier to do with some of the slower shifting Jasons).  If you see him shift, wait a second or two, THEN suddenly kick in with a change of direction and speed, he's already committed to his line of attack and anyone with Jason experience knows how screwy the camera can get when you're shifting and how hard it is to change direction quickly once you're in it.  Giving him just a second to get up to speed on a line of approach and then suddenly sprinting off at a sharp angle and not being there will force him to either badly overshoot or to drop out early and either way his shift is burned and you've gained some ground on him.

2 people like this

On 9/6/2017 at 2:41 PM, Crooked Wookie said:

A couple of other points you might want to keep in mind.
When you're running away from Jason, make use of the rear-facing camera to keep an eye on him (RB on Xbox).  This is critical for a few reasons - rather than just sprint and burn all of your stamina the second he appears, I find it's usually better to make sure you get a little distance between you, then slow to a jog to conserve stamina while looking backwards to see what Jason is doing - and if he went after another target or is on your tail.

You'll be able to see if he stops and lines up a throwing knife shot. This is great for two reasons.  First, obviously you can start swerving and juking and make it harder for him to hit you and damage you, and second, if he's aiming a knife he's not moving - that gives you a great window for a quick sprint to add some more distance between you and him.

Also, you'll be able to SEE when he's about to shift and try to close the gap on you.  You can keep an eye on his red arrow on the mini-map as well - and absolutely should - but looking behind you you'll be able to see which Jason he is (which tells you how fast his shift is and how much ground it'll cover), and see the moment that he crouches and vanishes as he launches it.  

In my experience that makes it easier to time your juke better - if you're a ways off and start sprinting the SECOND he shifts, he may be able to change course and follow you (ironically easier to do with some of the slower shifting Jasons).  If you see him shift, wait a second or two, THEN suddenly kick in with a change of direction and speed, he's already committed to his line of attack and anyone with Jason experience knows how screwy the camera can get when you're shifting and how hard it is to change direction quickly once you're in it.  Giving him just a second to get up to speed on a line of approach and then suddenly sprinting off at a sharp angle and not being there will force him to either badly overshoot or to drop out early and either way his shift is burned and you've gained some ground on him.

Very solid advice. Forgot to mention using the look back button.

5 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Hey Campers,

This is a thread that I have been meaning to do for some time but have not previously got around to it. Many times I have new players ask me for advice in game or I see new players lamenting that there isn't more information given in regards to tutorials and strategies. They get the generic, break windows, trap phone first, trap two-seater, don't play Part 7, et cetera but do not actually hear much in terms of specific strategies for specific situations. What I would like to do with this thread is pick a specific scenario or strategy about once, maybe twice, a week and discuss different approaches to dealing with it. Think of it as a playbook where we can share ideas and specific approaches we use for a given situation. This thread will not be on any one specific topic but something that evolves and changes weekly.

This first week, I got my inspiration from @Tekdrudge. The topic was regarding shift-grab and if it was skill or luck. See topic here:

WEEK 1 - The Juke (let us talk about the fine art of leaving Jason in the dust)

Ok, some might say this is self-explanatory. Don't run in straight lines or git gud or some other such nonsense. New players, and some veterans, have issues with avoiding the aforementioned Shift-Grab. People can be pretty salty about it. There are things that will help offset the skill of the players who have mastered this technique.

A. Bear in mind perspective/point of view. A Jason approaching from the rear has YOU as a foreground target. Moving in a linear direction away or perpendicular to Jason's perspective makes you an easier target. Counselors that are walking or jogging are easy pickings in these situations and running counselors are not much better off when moving perpendicular to Jason's perspective. Moving away is slightly better when sprinting because you *possibly* can open up enough distance when he comes out to Shift-Grab you - he might miss. Either way these are less desirable techniques in my opinion.

B. Closing the distance of YOU as a foreground target is used by a lot of people. They are trying to throw off Jason's perspective and make him overshoot the target by doubling back on their own path. This can work against short-range Shifts, but it is still essentially moving in the same azimuth (from Jason's point of view) and simply closing the distance quickly. A good Jason can still easily snatch you.

C. I recommend using a triangle pattern: You change your foreground presence by moving diagonally. This adjusts your range from Jason in the foreground and makes him consider more than one axis of movement (you are not just moving back and forth or left and right).

59b0276a0058e_Jukesplaybook.jpg.c584cde9b64e41c70765e8c00372f6c6.jpg

Figure 1:  Moving directly away. Probably the worst option. You are only adjusting your position in the same direction of movement as Jason is facing.

Figure 2.  Moving perpendicular to Jason. Bad (it gets worse the farther you are away because Jason has more time to steer the hit). A simple Shift approach, leading you like in a shooter game, and Jason has you.

Figure 3.  Better than 1 or 2 because you are closing the distance between Jason and reducing the time to react. Best used on extremely short Shift distances to throw off the Jason player. It is OK. DO NOT TRY AGAINST A LONG SHIFT. You're just making it easy for shift ninja Jason in my opinion.

Figure 4.  This is what I do. I change my position both in the foreground and laterally. I move primarily in diagonals and they are strung together in a quick series of adjustments. Don't run any one leg more than a second or so. After the end of two diagonal movements you make a break (horizontal seems best). I would recommend breaking back towards the original center-line for your axis of advance (complete the triangle). This will often throw off Jason's Shift approach and get you out of the grab swath. Remember you can also invert and/or reverse this tactic to make your counselor very unpredictable for a Shift-grabbing Jason.

Additional Info:  Juking on rough terrain benefits the counselor. Jason has a tendency to get hung up on rocks, trees, building corners, and just about anything else. As you are running/jogging be expecting the Shift and thinking about which way to initiate your juke to put the most obstacles between you and Jason while keeping up your erratic evasion.

I appreciate this. Thank you for taking the time to post this! It'll be helpful to many :) Myself, for one! 

Thanks again! 

On 9/6/2017 at 3:43 PM, Bewitched said:

I appreciate this. Thank you for taking the time to post this! It'll be helpful to many :) Myself, for one! 

Thanks again! 

You are welcome. Good luck on those jukes.:)

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

You are welcome. Good luck on those jukes.?

I'm all out of likes.. I'm so lost w/o them...

Tell them of the ultra durable super couches that Tony Stark installed in the cabins.

On 9/7/2017 at 3:08 PM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Tell them of the ultra durable super couches that Tony Stark installed in the cabins.

giphy.gif

I figure that summarizes it up nicely.

I've got extra time on my hands so I decided to add an additional piece of information this week. Considering how fast forums move on this site with the constant need to post redundant threads, I'd better post here with frequency greater than once per week if the audience this is for is ever to see it. Search function? What's that?:P

59b2cae8ea44c_wrongdelivery.jpg.e1b6046e80b8038cad737b3148d8062c.jpg

WEEK 1 Part 2 - "Run! Go! Get to LaChappa!"

So the next thing I figured we could discuss is prioritization of repair parts. The boat is self-explanatory since there is only ever one boat on a map. It is when two cars spawn on a map that there seems to be a big disconnect in where the parts should be taken and why.

Some argue that the four seat car is always a priority since it can get the most counselors out on a map. I’ll save that for a different strategies segment. In this segment, I simply want to focus on why it is important, whether you can communicate by mic with your teammates or not, you should probably stick to this strategy. It is a basic plan anybody can follow, as with or without microphones, and it facilitates teamwork. Teamwork gets more people out alive in this game than going it alone.

1. Get a map. If you’ve been playing for a while you probably know where the vehicles spawn, and if you can communicate with teammates they can probably tell you where the vehicles are, but I would still suggest you get the map. For those who don’t know, the Preparedness Perk allows you to spawn with the map from the start.

2. When you find a car part (Gas/Keys/Battery) look at the map and take the item to the CLOSEST vehicle. Why? Because the parts for the other one are in close proximity to it. You do not want to be doing double work and wasting time. You also don’t want to move parts away from a perfectly valid escape avenue for the sake of getting stuff to the blue four seat car. Additionally, working two or more escape plans simultaneously increases everyone’s odds in the late game. Lastly, if you bring everything to one location you make it easy for Jason to take out item carriers and guard dog all the parts in one place.

3. Fixers fix. Runners Run. Take the items to the closest vehicle to where you found them. If you have a character with competent repair, put the item in the vehicle. If you have a character that can’t operate a cereal box, take the item to the closest vehicle and drop it (hold down on the D-pad for consoles – I don’t know the function for PC). Can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen a Bugzy or Tiffany trying to fix something when an AJ, Deb, or LaChappa are standing around begging the person to let them do it. Do your job! The fix or drop prioritization ensures you don’t have someone racing all over the map with an item and getting killed in some obscure location. It also helps mitigate people leaving by other escape means and taking key items with them. Lastly, it helps to get players to focus on the role their character is very good at.

4. You carry. You deliver. Don’t pick up a car repair item unless you are immediately going to fix the vehicle it is sitting next to or unless you plan on immediately (with no other priorities) taking it to where it needs to go. Obviously, in the late game you may possibly need to fetch a needed item and take it elsewhere when things go sideways with an escape plan, but these suggestions are really more for early-mid game strategy.

5. Put down the keys! Put the keys next to the car. Leave them alone until the car is repaired. Too many people are concerned with getting left behind and want to hoard the keys. Remember what I said in point #2 about working more than one escape plan. Leave options on the table and work all escape options that you can. There are only ever 6 slots for escape in vehicles. This means that 1-2 people will not have an out unless the cops are called. With the average Jason player, probably half the lobby will die or more by the end of the match. Odds are good you’ll have an escape slot available in a vehicle even if you leave the keys – provided of course that you work more than one escape plan and prioritize parts delivery early in the match.

6. Tag you’re it! If you are alone, maybe because you spawned there or everyone else there died or fled, you are now THE ONE (cue heroic music) the survivors are counting on in that part of the map. I see a bunch of players (usually non-fixers) who will leave key items in favor of picking up a baseball bat (resigning themselves to some sort of last stand/desperate evasion play). Or maybe they have a full inventory and don’t want to give up that third pocket knife for the keys….this is BAD (you are focusing on personal short term escape over potential survival as a win). PICK UP THAT REPAIR ITEM and get it to where it needs to go.

I hope this helps newer players a bit. I should point out that these strategies hold for early and mid game success. In the late stages of a match you may be forced to "adapt and overcome."

On 9/7/2017 at 7:07 PM, ZooMalfunction said:

This is something I almost never see done, but is a good tactic myself and friends sometimes do.

If you're looting a house and have excess gear, don't just leave it in the drawers - people will see all the open ones and assume just maps and walkies are left - instead drop the things you don't near the front door, as this is generally the highest traffic area of a cabin. This also goes for bats or flare guns. This way a counselor in trouble doesn't need to panic-loot a raided cabin, but can be tooled-up immediately.

....Your fellow counselors will thank you for it!

12-of-historys-greatest-philosophers-rev

SAGE ADVICE SHOUT-OUT - Thanks @ZooMalfunction

7 people like this

On 9/6/2017 at 5:49 PM, Bewitched said:

I'm all out of likes.. I'm so lost w/o them...

I know you were right... believing for so long.

1 person likes this

Very nice @Alkavian It's the little things that can take people so far.

Also, new counselors, don't be afraid to re-use a large cabin for an extended kite. I see so many counselors barricade both doors, wait till Jason enters, hop out a window and move on to a different cabin (typically a smaller/worse cabin) or just running into open space. Go back in, shut the smaller doors, go through a few broken windows (assuming you have a health spray and thick skin) make Jason waste a few morphs/shifts.

With Vanessa (or any char really) with two med sprays and a pocket knife can waste 4-6 min of Jason's time in one semi large cabin EASY! Not to mention a whole row of them. 

1 person likes this

Does anyone have any strategies for Jason to defend against being stunned after he breaks a door down? Seems like almost everytime I broke a door down as Jason tonight, I was greeted by a melee attack and a stun. Trying to figure out a way to avoid this.

32 minutes ago, Tekdrudge said:

Does anyone have any strategies for Jason to defend against being stunned after he breaks a door down? Seems like almost everytime I broke a door down as Jason tonight, I was greeted by a melee attack and a stun. Trying to figure out a way to avoid this.

Was you using rage to break the door down? If your answer is yes, Jason is defenseless for a short moment after breaking a door/wall down with rage. If I know a counselor is there ready to attack me I will not use rage to knock the door/wall down because I don't want them to have a free attack, possibly a stun and then get away.

If not keep an eye out for where counselors go once they run away from you and enter a house. A lot of times they will hide just inside the door for you to come in and hit you for an easy stun. If you know a counselor is trying to do this, juke them by making them think you are going to enter the house. Then stop right before the door to stay out of their melee range then grab them or slash, whatever you prefer. You can also enter combat stance and use block to be safe. Just remember, to grab them you must leave combat stance.

16 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

You can also enter combat stance and use block to be safe. Just remember, to grab them you must leave combat stance.

I didn't even think about combat stance. Feel like an idiot. And about half the time was rage and the other half was standard chopping. Stunned either way.

1 minute ago, Tekdrudge said:

I didn't even think about combat stance. Feel like an idiot. And about half the time was rage and the other half was standard chopping. Stunned either way.

Don't call yourself an idiot. You are learning, and asking questions. Better than some where their first reaction would be to post some thread about "counselors are OP!" etc. There is no such thing as a dumb question. We are all here to help each other and have fun talking about the game we enjoy, Friday the 13th.

2 people like this

On 9/6/2017 at 1:31 PM, Alkavian said:

miss.jpg.ed1155e74608eea507ca94350065621a.jpg

In principle this is what happens (against a lot of Jason's). The yellow lines represent set up as both players maneuver. This cue starts for the counselor immediately when they see *VHS static*. Jason's will move to lead and intercept at this stage.

The orange lines show final approach for Jason trying to lead their target and shows the secondary adjustment the counselor makes. It baits Jason because most think it will be even easier when you are now moving on converging axis. They would be absolutely correct if you stayed this course.

The break happens with a greater than 90 degree juke. Jason in Shift moves in wide circles so this turn is usually too much to counter. They overshoot and end up out of position.

I tried this today. It works.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Tekdrudge said:

I'm actually working on explaining some tactics I use while playing as Jason in regards to positioning. It'll be coming SOON™.

2 people like this

Here's my technique when I see Jason

Here is a longer version of anyone enjoys watching Danny McBride as much as I do.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Tekdrudge said:

It use to be easier when Jason was able to block flares and firecrackers at the door with combat stance. Now if Jason is in his door swing animation he gets hit everytime with firecrackers drop by the door.

It is another week (at least very soon) and I figured it was time I get off my backside playing the game and get some more advice out there; and hopefully draw out some good advice from other experienced players.

WEEK 2 – “You make a better wall than a door.”

Let us talk about Jason and positioning. It is very important for the Jason player to consider what he/she will do next, but also where and why. Jason is essentially a wall to counselors and you’ll find that body-blocking strategy is very effective for Jason. You need to understand how Jason will react to a stun. Should a counselor stun you, a couple of things may happen.

1. You’ll get a standing stun where Jason lowers his shoulder and turns his head to the side.

2. Jason will fall backwards (space permitting) and land on his back.

3. A break away animation or knife escape animation will result in Jason stepping back and recovering.

4. Against firecrackers, Jason will that a partial step backwards and cover his face.

The first technique that I use is a Grab/180° pivot. If you are grabbing a counselor and they happen to be working the phone fuse box, installing a repair item on a vehicle, or you’ve just extracted them from the driver’s side door of the car. The lift animation for a grab must complete before Jason can perform a kill, but it also must complete for a counselor’s pocket knife to trigger. By spinning a quick 180° you put your back to the objective and body block the counselor (or others lingering around). Additionally, IF they do break free with button taps or a knife, Jason will stumble back further in the way of the objective. Bear in mind if you grab them from the side you won’t have to pivot 180° (probably only step forward and pivot 90°). Just make sure Jason’s back is to the objective. Also, sometimes when you do this the counselor will act as a meat-shield.potentially absorbing hits that would otherwise stun Jason. If a mob is trying to force an objective this can buy Jason time to kill a counselor and set-up their next play.

The Grab/180° pivot also serves another purpose besides strictly body blocking. I use it when I “cabin pluck” a counselor from and exterior doorway. Usually this happens when they try to stun me by hiding just offset of a door I am breaking through. I will ensure I make the final hit against the door in combat stance and then perform an immediate loop back (I turn around take a step or two, then move towards the door again). Often what happens is the counselor will swing at Jason, but since he is briefly moving away, it will not connect. Jason’s grab is much faster than a counselor’s recovery and you can simply step forward and snatch them. After you grab them in the doorway, perform a Grab/180° pivot. You end up shoulders in the doorway with the counselor dangling outside the cabin.

Why would you give them an out so they can run away? It is pretty simple, if they break away, they’ll get a small stamina bump which is offset by the fact they missed with their swing. Most counselors will choose to sprint away to a “safer” location but consume precious stamina while they do it. As Jason you always want to push a pursuit in such a way that the prey is getting tired. Attacking prey out in the open benefits Jason immensely. If you stand in the doorway facing inwards, the counselor can break free INTO the cabin. There they can find more weapons, trolling couches/tables, rooms to evade, hiding places to recover stamina, and windows to climb through (which allows evasion and stamina recovery). Allowing a pesky counselor back into a structure works against the tire them out strategy. “Pluck” them out. If they have no knife you can easily dispatch them in front of the cabin.

On a side note. Don’t pluck them on internal rooms to a cabin. Only exterior doors. It is better to keep them close or force them to exit (most will climb out a window at that point). If you catch them in a closet or bathroom…..Bwa ha ha ha ha!

59b57703a332b_DoorManagement.jpg.eacce8878a9c8738eb8227a8ec453a7e.jpg

Figure 1:  Pluck at exterior doors.

Figure 2:  Block at interior doors.

59b57873d5867_Jasonindoor.jpg.aa58c61d139152c463290f16515f5397.jpg

Something like this. This should generally be your positioning after "plucking" a counselor out of an exterior door.

FINAL NOTE:  Keep a close-quarters grab kill ready. One-handed choke, Head knock-off, bear hug, or frontal eye gouge are good options. The idea is not to move far from the exterior door or objective. The kill has to be usable in a confined area. Block/Pluck - KILL.

6 people like this