Absurd Boy

Why Do People Like Jason?

6 posts in this topic

Now.. I'm not hating. I love Jason, but thing is... what is it about him...? Is it his story? The mystery of the man behind the mask? The hot girls? The classic chase scene. What is it about this man that makes him the iconic slasher we all know today?

fridaybox_shot8l.jpg

He is a version of the boogeyman. A Classic villain who just embodies evil. No remorse, no stopping, just death to all things in his path. He isn't a jester or a creep or a trickster like other icons. He and Michael Myers are the silent visions of murder. They stalk those who stray from the path of light and classic morals, and they do not stop.

Also, interesting kills.

And boobies.

Imagine if he was real.  Most prolific serial killer in the world.

#1 on the FBI's most wanted list.  Probably a $10 million reward for capture.

Camp grounds would be considered off limits to the public. Dozens of documentaries and true crime stories.  A manhunt that never ends.

3 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

He is a version of the boogeyman. A Classic villain who just embodies evil. No remorse, no stopping, just death to all things in his path. He isn't a jester or a creep or a trickster like other icons. He and Michael Myers are the silent visions of murder. They stalk those who stray from the path of light and classic morals, and they do not stop.

Also, interesting kills.

And boobies.

☝️ ? This. I can't improve on what @Definitelynotjason said. 

He kills superbly annoying characters. And he often does it in a rather interesting fashion!! :D 

Sure, some alright (and sometimes really cool/good) characters get in the way and also fall victim to Jason, but, on the average, he's killed a lot more extremely annoying, shallow idiots that spent their onscreen time prepping me to root for their killer! :D

He's also a mama's boy and was an underdog.

And, yeah, he's not a flashy egotist and does not crack jokes or use cheesy catch phrases. His only indulgence is giving a survivor or two a fun dead-body tour of horrors that he spent some time setting up just for them. He's an arteeeeest.