AJ_isoverrated

How does Jason's sense work?

31 posts in this topic

So let me get this straight. Composure is what controls your fear which controls being sensed or not? If this is the case, then what the hell is the meaning of stealth stat?!

23 minutes ago, Titan_313 said:

So let me get this straight. Composure is what controls your fear which controls being sensed or not? If this is the case, then what the hell is the meaning of stealth stat?!

Stealth is the amount of sound you make, i.e. the little noise bubbles that Jason can see on his screen when you are running and stuff.

Like a few others have stated, composure doesn't directly control if you are sensed, but rather your fear level, which in turn controls you sense range. 

I can't remember if it's fear or composure that leads to your character gasping as Jason walks by when you are hiding. I take a lot of anti-fear stuff as AJ and she almost never wimpers when he goes by.

4 hours ago, Titan_313 said:

It reduces the noise pings (white circles) you make.

3 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

Stealth is the amount of sound you make, i.e. the little noise bubbles that Jason can see on his screen when you are running and stuff.

Like a few others have stated, composure doesn't directly control if you are sensed, but rather your fear level, which in turn controls you sense range. 

I can't remember if it's fear or composure that leads to your character gasping as Jason walks by when you are hiding. I take a lot of anti-fear stuff as AJ and she almost never wimpers when he goes by.

Composure. Luck also affects many things in little ways. I believe there is a tiny Sense avoidance chance built into Luck as well. I've seen Chads with no avoidance perks not show up on Sense at close range occasionally.

Stealth is only useful in reducing how much noise you make @Titan_313.

A couple of weeks ago, I played as Jason and one of the counselors was Vanessa.  I could not for the life of me sense her throughout the entire game.  I could only see her white noise rings.  The person who had her told me he had the Restful, Marathon, and Thick-Skinned perks equipped.  I have since seen this a few times with other counselors like Adam.  Which one of those perks affects Jason's sense ability and why?

7 minutes ago, Serum79 said:

A couple of weeks ago, I played as Jason and one of the counselors was Vanessa.  I could not for the life of me sense her throughout the entire game.  I could only see her white noise rings.  The person who had her told me he had the Restful, Marathon, and Thick-Skinned perks equipped.  I have since seen this a few times with other counselors like Adam.  Which one of those perks affects Jason's sense ability and why?

None of them do. Luck allows a tiny chance to avoid Sense, but there are glitches in the game (on Higgins Haven) where if the counselor climbs through the right window(s) they are invisible to Sense for the rest of the match. It is a bug since launch that still hasn't been fixed.

Just now, Alkavian said:

None of them do. Luck allows a tiny chance to avoid Sense, but there are glitches in the game (on Higgins Haven) where if the counselor climbs through the right window(s) they are invisible to Sense for the rest of the match. It is a bug since launch that still hasn't been fixed.

Thanks!!  This makes complete sense as both matches were in Higgins Haven.