AJ_isoverrated

How does Jason's sense work?

31 posts in this topic

Even though I am a level 70+ To this day I still don't know how Jason's sense work,does high composure make it harder for Jason to sense you or is he gonna sense you when he is in range nonetheless?

Now I'm not talking about perks I know those could be use to avoid it I want to know if it's possible just with composure.

From my experience, no. The only thing that can make Jason not notice you is a perk. If you're jason and you use sense and the counselor is inside your dome of sensing and you don't see them, you fell into the percentage of their avoidance perk working.

I've snuck up on fully composed counselors and they still show up like an x-mas tree

So in a nutshell,composure stat is as useless as strength?

Cuz I don't see the point in less tripping and less loss of minimap lol.

I'm not 100% sure either....but from my understanding it works on a "cool-down" premise. In that (for example) if you get into a fight with Jason - knock him down...someone like Jenny could run out of the house and then hide behind a rock and dodge his sense, before he morphs to somewhere else on the map....Chad on the other end of the spectrum would be lighting up like a Xmas tree behind that same rock.

I play Jenny quite a lot and often use this tactic....it rarely works with any other character.

Higher composure equals less likely to be sensed. Now fear is everything. The more afraid you are the easier it becomes to get sensed. Composure doesn't make you avoid sense. It helps you avoid getting scared really easy which in turn makes you less sensable.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, AJ_isoverrated said:

So in a nutshell,composure stat is as useless as strength?

Cuz I don't see the point in less tripping and less loss of minimap lol.

It can obscure where you're going and a single stumble can result in jason grabbing you.

It also affects how easy it is to break out of Jason's grasp, which means Chad almost can never break free of it in any timely manner without a knife.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'm not 100% sure either....but from my understanding it works on a "cool-down" premise. In that (for example) if you get into a fight with Jason - knock him down...someone like Jenny could run out of the house and then hide behind a rock and dodge his sense, before he morphs to somewhere else on the map....Chad on the other end of the spectrum would be lighting up like a Xmas tree behind that same rock.

I play Jenny quite a lot and often use this tactic....it rarely works with any other character.

That doesn't sound true considering Everytime you come face to face with Jason it immediately shoots your fear up making anyone with with less composure immediately lose their minimap so it probably increases the fear with her......

Just now, Daneasaur said:

It can obscure where you're going and a single stumble can result in jason grabbing you.

It also affects how easy it is to break out of Jason's grasp, which means Chad almost can never break free of it in any timely manner without a knife.

Agree. If Jason grabs you in a small confined area as Jenny...with no where to perform an environmental kill.I know it's likely I'm going to escape. Which reminds me...I must start hacking and slashing as Jason when I come against Jenny in the same kind of environment. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Agree. If Jason grabs you in a small confined area as Jenny...with no where to perform an environmental kill.I know it's likely I'm going to escape. Which reminds me...I must start hacking and slashing as Jason when I come against Jenny in the same kind of environment. :lol:

Unless that Jason has a choke or a decapitation execution because you can start those as soon as you grab someone 

5 minutes ago, AJ_isoverrated said:

That doesn't sound true considering Everytime you come face to face with Jason it immediately shoots your fear up making anyone with with less composure immediately lose their minimap so it probably increases the fear with her......

It's not to do with how quickly your fear is raised....it's how quickly your invisible "fear level" goes down. Take it as you will...I pull off moves like that with Jenny all the time. :) But yeah, that maneuver rarely works with anyone else - as the fear level is still high. I can't recall ever losing my mini map and getting black screen when playing as Jenny. Hence the highest composure stat in the game. 

I mean it's still kind of a 50/50 here,I WANT A CONFIRMED ANSWER DAMMIT.........please :(

Just now, AJ_isoverrated said:

Unless that Jason has a choke or a decapitation execution because you can start those as soon as you grab someone 

Not always.

Those are the quickest. But they're not instant. Some spaces are so small you can't perform any kill at all. Happened to me plenty since Day 1.

I used to specifically use these quick kills for playing against groups of good counselors. But there are times when you're being so crowded around the car or something that the kill prompts don't go red, even with Choke / Decap Punch.

1 person likes this

I use level headed & night owl on AJ, Jason will have a harder time sensing you depending on the stat of your perk.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619 

Look at the fear section, disregard whatever anyone says on these forums that is contrary. This is the only person that did systematic testing, instead of most of these posters which are relying on anecdotal intuition (which is not intrinsically bad, just often tends to be inaccurate the worse you are at the game).

The TL;DR is that at a certain level of fear, the sense detection range is the same for all Jasons and all counselors, regardless of composure. Of course, composure affects the rate at which you gain and lose fear severity. That said, there's a lot of misinformation in here that suggests that composure intrinsically makes you harder to sense. This is not the case.

1 person likes this

Composure controls the rate fear rises, more fear the more chance Jason can sense you from further away.

1 person likes this

1. Jason has a base sense range. The range at which he will detect everyone equally if they are at the same fear level. This base range is increased when Jason gets Rage.

2. Composure affects the rate at which you gain/lose fear. Fear level in turn affects the base range at which Jason can Sense you. More fear - greater range to be detected.

3. Perks can directly affect the accumulation of Fear or they can grant a chance to avoid Sense completely independent of your fear level.

I hope that helps.

6 hours ago, AJ_isoverrated said:

Even though I am a level 70+ To this day I still don't know how Jason's sense work,does high composure make it harder for Jason to sense you or is he gonna sense you when he is in range nonetheless?

Now I'm not talking about perks I know those could be use to avoid it I want to know if it's possible just with composure.

Ok so Jason's sense is used to detect fear. You need to understand how fear works. Unfortunately we don't have a fear meter (which we should) other that our "Face Expressions" which I find quite Inaccurate.  So it's hard to know as a counselor when your fear is at Jason's ability to Sense. Now What builds Fear? The top three things are Darkness, being inside houses and being close to Jason. People likes to camp houses early in matches which will make you easy to spot. You will find for example early in the game that as soon as your sense  comes up you sense someone in a cabin but then he gets out and your sense doesn't pick him up. That's because you didn't get close enough to build a good amount of Fear and as soon as they come out of the house their fear goes back down so when you sense they don't show.

That's without perks and/or rage mode which goes into new dynamics and we don't really know If any of those perks work as we know half of them don't work or do the exact opposite.

I think they should include a fear meter and a Health meter as well. Would make the counselor more aware of everything

Composure only affects your fear, higher fear means Jason can sense you from farther away.

The only way to avoid Sense without a perk is to hide in a hiding spot, and that only works preRage mode.

9 hours ago, tl_419 said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=938559619 

Look at the fear section, disregard whatever anyone says on these forums that is contrary. This is the only person that did systematic testing, instead of most of these posters which are relying on anecdotal intuition (which is not intrinsically bad, just often tends to be inaccurate the worse you are at the game).

The TL;DR is that at a certain level of fear, the sense detection range is the same for all Jasons and all counselors, regardless of composure. Of course, composure affects the rate at which you gain and lose fear severity. That said, there's a lot of misinformation in here that suggests that composure intrinsically makes you harder to sense. This is not the case.

thanks for the link, I will have to put that on my PS4 community! :)

Higher composure gives you a larger chance of going unnoticed by Jason's sense, meaning if you enter a hiding spot inside a cabin or elsewhere, you have a larger chance of it not appearing red to him. A character with high composure, i.e. Jenny, is best used for trying to lone wolf your way to the 20 minute mark. Any counselor outside shelter will be revealed to Jason's sense ability and if he cuts power while you're hiding he'll most likely be able to find you as your character's fear increases. 

9 minutes ago, zDerezzed said:

Higher composure gives you a larger chance of going unnoticed by Jason's sense, meaning if you enter a hiding spot inside a cabin or elsewhere, you have a larger chance of it not appearing red to him. A character with high composure, i.e. Jenny, is best used for trying to lone wolf your way to the 20 minute mark. Any counselor outside shelter will be revealed to Jason's sense ability and if he cuts power while you're hiding he'll most likely be able to find you as your character's fear increases. 

Not quite accurate.

any councillor that hides Pre Rage will go undetected, and the cabin won't light up red. However high composed characters are less likely to scream if Jason is nearby, making them better at hiding. Try hiding with chad, and if Jason walks by Chad screams like a baby.

16 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Not quite accurate.

any councillor that hides Pre Rage will go undetected, and the cabin won't light up red. However high composed characters are less likely to scream if Jason is nearby, making them better at hiding. Try hiding with chad, and if Jason walks by Chad screams like a baby.

Well what I said wasn't inaccurate, I just left some information out and I did say that high composure characters such as Jenny are for lone wolfing, it's merely verbal dispute, and I see what you're saying. 

if you stack enough stealth perks as deborah you will never be sensed unless the jason does sense 3 or 4 times in a row

3 hours ago, zDerezzed said:

Well what I said wasn't inaccurate, I just left some information out and I did say that high composure characters such as Jenny are for lone wolfing, it's merely verbal dispute, and I see what you're saying. 

The part about entering a building and going in a hiding spot. That's what I meant was inaccurate. Doesn't matter what your composure is, if you're hiding Jason will not Sense you. Unless he is in Rage mode. 

I agreed with everything else 

22 hours ago, AJ_isoverrated said:

If you mean if in real life Jason's a dog because dogs red people if sacrd but in the game if no idea