Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Switters

PhD in Murder: SOLVED!

20 posts in this topic

First off, credit to PSN User skittlesmalone, who does not have an account on here, but who not only figured this out but helped me to finally pop mine today; like many I'd lost my mind doing every and any environmental and context kill as well as others trying to get this to pop, and skittlesmalone and I both popped ours the exact same way in the past two days.

Go back and re-do every Jason grab-kill, and only the grab-kills. You should be able to use any Jason, he did it using randoms, I did all mine with Part 3. I went through them start to finish just starting last night and today, our group was disbanding and I had two left to go and he offered to help me do the last two in private match, where my trophy popped, so it SHOULD work in both public and private matches!

I don't know that this is the end-all solution but I'm hoping it works for everyone because I know there's a ton of frustrated people out there, so try it and let me know if this does it! Good luck!

IMG_8416.JPG

My trophy popped on my first kill as Jason after the patch, it was just a bed kill that I've done a hundred times before.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

My trophy popped on my first kill as Jason after the patch, it was just a bed kill that I've done a hundred times before.

That's what a lot of people have said, I was losing my mind as it didn't for me and I spent the past week doing everything I could think of to get it to pop. I know for a fact that I've done all the grab-kills pre-patch, maybe it's a little different for everyone, but if this helps even one person I'll be glad. Next up for me is Final Chapter, then Killer Franchise!

I have no idea what the kill I am missing is. I've done them all, I am sure.

7 minutes ago, Body Boy said:

I have no idea what the kill I am missing is. I've done them all, I am sure.

So have I, the question is, have you done them all since the patch? I'd be interested to see, starting with a fresh account, if simply going through all the standard, non-reduntant kills, would pop it right off the bat.

I went through the grab kills one by one in a private match starting from the first kill and worked my way through (as I did before in public matches) and as soon as I finished the Knee Snap kill the PhD trophy popped.  Thanks Switters!! :) 

1 person likes this

This achievement is still at 0.00% on Xbox, so I'm assuming it still isn't fixed. 

46 minutes ago, Serum79 said:

I went through the grab kills one by one in a private match starting from the first kill and worked my way through (as I did before in public matches) and as soon as I finished the Knee Snap kill the PhD trophy popped.  Thanks Switters!! :) 

Great job! Glad it could help at least one person!

Not bothered about this achievement. I just unlocked the 4 kills that sounded the coolest and stuck with them. I think over three quarters of them are still locked. Why the fuck would I want to bear hug someone or hold them above my head and throw them to the floor?

31 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Not bothered about this achievement. I just unlocked the 4 kills that sounded the coolest and stuck with them. I think over three quarters of them are still locked. Why the fuck would I want to bear hug someone or hold them above my head and throw them to the floor?

I hear ya!!  I performed only two grab kills before going for the trophy, decapitation and jaw rip, as they were the quickest animations.  Other than that, I never used the others, because they're mostly blah

i have done every kill numerous times and I'm still at 94%. I was at 96% before a previous patch, and someone how lost 2%. I wish they would just give us the damn list of kills.

Every list you see online is wrong in some capacity (has a lot of extra kills you dont need, or missing some i definitely got % for)

xbox by the way and im really sick of grinding the same kills over and over to run through the long ass list

1 minute ago, kuebel33 said:

i have done every kill numerous times and I'm still at 94%. I was at 96% before a previous patch, and someone how lost 2%. I wish they would just give us the damn list of kills.

Every list you see online is wrong in some capacity (has a lot of extra kills you dont need, or missing some i definitely got % for)

xbox by the way and im really sick of grinding the same kills over and over to run through the long ass list

I was in the same situation on PS4, not sure if it's 100% fixed on XBOX since it's still at 0%.  In private matches, I did each kill one-by-one.  I made sure I took care of the weird ones like the Higgins Haven barn fence, barn closet, and cemetery first and went right into the basic grab kills.

I performed these kills no less than three times each in public matches.  I think public matches are where the problem lies, kills aren't registering all of the time for whatever reason.  Maybe give it a shot in private matches and see if it works for you.

1 hour ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

The bear hug is a reference to Dukes death in Part 9

also once Chad starts wearing a speedo that kill is gonna be my go too. ?

They lowered the requirement from 59 kills to 56 for the trophy. Anyone who had 56 kills should unlock the trophy the next time they make a kill.

19 hours ago, Quinn FTW said:

They lowered the requirement from 59 kills to 56 for the trophy. Anyone who had 56 kills should unlock the trophy the next time they make a kill.

Where did you see that they lowered the requirements? Also which 3 are no longer needed?

It was solved by the devs with the patch. I don't see it working for xbox user until they get theirs.

Maybe the requirements are changed so now you only have to perform all the purchasable grab kills? 

22 hours ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Where did you see that they lowered the requirements? Also which 3 are no longer needed?

In my Steam achievement list, I noticed I had gone from 56/59 to 56/56 after the recent update. It did not award me the achievement until I actually played a round, though.

As for which kills they removed, I don't think they removed any... they just lowered the requirement for getting the achievement. It was a suggestion that has been floating around for a while. I'm glad to see it implemented; there were a lot of players stuck at 55/56.