bewareofbears

countdown
Countdown to the End of Summer (and Possibly Single Player?)

94 posts in this topic

Personally, I dont want to release something thats not in a decent state just to say we got it out by Sept 22nd. If you look at the history of patches I don't think releasing a hot mess would be good.

We are working on it in earnest but as @Definitelynotjason points out, making sure the game that people are currently playing is in a good state will always be the priority over new content. It makes no sense to work otherwise, its like topping a shit sandwich with a side of shit...that new content is going to seem crappy because the stuff around it is still crappy.

-Gertz

bewareofbears and Max Walker like this

1 hour ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Personally, I dont want to release something thats not in a decent state just to say we got it out by Sept 22nd. If you look at the history of patches I don't think releasing a hot mess would be good.

We are working on it in earnest but as @Definitelynotjason points out, making sure the game that people are currently playing is in a good state will always be the priority over new content. It makes no sense to work otherwise, its like topping a shit sandwich with a side of shit...that new content is going to seem crappy because the stuff around it is still crappy.

-Gertz

Is this the official non official delay notice?🤔

Seems like a bunch of shit. How about the quit patching the game with patches that change the mechanics in a way most don't want, bug filled, game breaking, and working on single player which was promised so long ago and we were told would drop this summer. Fuck swimsuits and game breaking patches. We just want single player at this point.

On 9/7/2017 at 5:04 AM, bewareofbears said:

Almost forgot... I may be losing interest in general.

Expect delays.

I don't think I have the energy for a crucifixion.

They should gives dates, in general, so people know when to expect things- especially things they promised. This is a practice used in most industries, particularly the entertainment industry. ;) That said, Dead by Daylight is on sale on the 15th on the PS4. On a date, like a specified day of the month...

How much I wonder?

6 hours ago, BigJVOOREES said:

:lol: For sure.

Its just a shame that the game itself was delayed to include single player (at least,that's the story) and then was released in a not so decent state..

Hoping this is one epic single player mode...

:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Definitelynotjason said:

-Gertz

I haven't been following the forum the last few days- @Gertz said this? I'm impressed if so- I really get the impression Gun has no idea how video game development works and Illphonic is having to remind them of reality. Still, disappointed Gun can't keep a promise and I question whether or not the original delay was really for single player.

There's also a South Park joke about having a choice between a shit sandwich and giant douche in there...

10 hours ago, BigJVOOREES said:

Looks like it. Imagine if this game had some sort of community manager who could relay information about the game... :wacko:

11 hours ago, BigJVOOREES said:

It does seem that way, but he doesn`t flat out say they can`t deliver by then.

And in fact doesn't say that it is the plicy of Gun or Illfonic. He says personally he doesn't want to do it.

They teased swimsuits 3 weeks ago maybe 4🤔

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

I haven't been following the forum the last few days- @Gertz said this? I'm impressed if so- I really get the impression Gun has no idea how video game development works and Illphonic is having to remind them of reality. Still, disappointed Gun can't keep a promise and I question whether or not the original delay was really for single player.

There's also a South Park joke about having a choice between a shit sandwich and giant douche in there...

Looks like it. Imagine if this game had some sort of community manager who could relay information about the game... :wacko:

and still not out after Wes teased so soon  2 weeks ago..... birds chirp.,, still not out. And that's stupid clothing Dlc. I'm sorry but I think we are all stupid at this point thinking single player is coming anytime soon.  Jpops???

bewareofbears likes this

6 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Its just a shame that the game itself was delayed to include single player (at least,that's the story) and then was released in a not so decent state..

No way it was delayed for SP. They knew they couldn't make the deadline, so they announced a delay but basically said we'd get Tommy and SP (oh and 4 extra beta keys) for our wait to fan the flames. It worked, in a way.

18 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

:lol: For sure.

Single players is "meh" to me. Multiplayer is the real bread and butter of this game.  Single player will be cool first or 2nd time around but how many times can you play "single player mode", it gets boring. At least with multiplayer(PUBLIC) the possibilities are endless! Bring on the counselor customization and dlc please!

Ya I doubt I will even ever fire up single player. It will probably be like a lesser version of every stealth game I have played, but with crying and screaming counselors. I doubt it will be anything beyond a simple time-waster or a place to practice with Jason. Like playing with nothing but bots in Team Fortress. This game is a multiplayer game.

I wonder how many times people in the Friday night stream this week will be asking about single player again, only for Randy to just not even acknowledge the question again like he did last week 🤔🤔🤔  

Impactedmedal38 and jameson87 like this

5 hours ago, Max Walker said:

but how many times can you play "single player mode", it gets boring.

It's funny because this is how I feel about the game itself. I'm kinda intrigued by what single player is actually going to be. Plus,I've had friends (both casual and "hardcore" gamers) over who wanted to check out Jason. And it sucks to just sit there and hope hope hope that this is not only a round where they can play as Jason,but one without trolls as well.

jameson87 likes this

Playing single player is the same as playing multiplayer to me, only with less toxic elements running around and having to rely on others to be able to enjoy the game.  If I want to sit back and relax and play a couple of rounds of a game I don't want to have to depend on strangers to be around for me to do so.  I'll play single player all day long, I'm not a multiplayer kind of person unless I know the people I am playing with.

Maddogg_8121 likes this

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

So, when this is over -- if they haven't released single player by then -- will you do another of these to Friday, October 13th?  :D

This thread is being closed as it enables spamming and is not an actual discussion piece or voicing an opinion or suggestion.