Gertz

9/1/2017 Hot Patch - PC/PS4 Live - XB1 ETA Unknown

315 posts in this topic

Just now, dandop1984 said:

That is exactly how I feel about it. He mentioned if you melee by a window Jason pivots into the animation, so hopefully it works, and feels satisfying. I'm happy to try the new patch, but if it's still lacking from what we had originally, I'm not gonna let them know.

Yeah I mean we'll see how it plays.  I just think it would have made more sense to just have the window shatter when you swung at it, whether it was an overhand swing or not.
Couldn't possibly look any more goofy than the open window NOT breaking when you hurl somebody through it, and it killing them anyway.  Which, btw, just make the window shatter when that happens, it would look so much less goofy.  We'll pretend they caught it with a flailing limb.  ;)

2 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Nah. I'm on Xbox One. I just hold R2 every time. I never have any issues. Never use combat stance for breaking a door. 

Really?  I swear to god, if I walk up and hold the right trigger I swing one time at the door and then just stand there staring at it.  I've never been able to get it to smoothly chain attacks the way I see all of the streamers do, mostly on PC.  So I've used combat stance 99% of the time, because otherwise to break down the door it's literally
*hit*
reset
*hit*
reset
*hit*
reset
*hit*
reset
*hit*
reset
Did it break?  No?  Shit that was 5?  Fine.
*hit*
Break

By that time the counselor has taken out a second mortgage on the place.

23 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

FYI I'm not sure if Gun is aware of this (or Illfonic, or whoever) but I believe this is broken on Xbox.  If you hit the button to attack a door and hold it, you hit the door ONCE and then stand there staring at it stupidly.  Combat stance is the ONLY way to efficiently break down a door, because that whole smooth, linked hits thing doesn't work for us.

It doesn't for you? It's always worked absolutely fine for me and I'm on Xbox. I hold down the button and he keeps chopping without interruption until destroyed.

6 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

It doesn't for you? It's always worked absolutely fine for me and I'm on Xbox. I hold down the button and he keeps chopping without interruption until destroyed.

WEIRD.  I'll try it again.  Just holding down right trigger?  
Now I'm confused wondering if I somehow managed to screw this up the entire time I've played but I've tried it like four times.  I'll test it again tonight if I manage to get Jason.  
So weird.

19 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

Really?  I swear to god, if I walk up and hold the right trigger I swing one time at the door and then just stand there staring at it.  I've never been able to get it to smoothly chain attacks the way I see all of the streamers do, mostly on PC.  So I've used combat stance 99% of the time, because otherwise to break down the door it's literally
*hit*
reset
*hit*
reset
*hit*
reset
*hit*
reset
*hit*
reset
Did it break?  No?  Shit that was 5?  Fine.
*hit*
Break

By that time the counselor has taken out a second mortgage on the place.

Lol. I'm serious! Maybe it depends on the Jason?? I don't know. I just know I never have an issue. The only problem I've had with it, is that I'll do all the swings. Then Jason will stop. Then a second later, the door just explodes. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Lol. I'm serious! Maybe it depends on the Jason?? I don't know. I just know I never have an issue. The only problem I've had with it, is that I'll do all the swings. Then Jason will stop. Then a second later, the door just explodes. 

I believe you guys - I'm not trolling.  I just think I'm losing my mind because I swear I've tried everything from repeatedly hitting R2 but trying to time it to get into a loop to just holding the button down and nothing has ever worked.  I'm going to have to test this over again tonight and figure out what's going wrong if other people are getting this to work on Xbox just fine.  I'd always assumed it was a console-wide issue.  I've tried it with literally every Jason in the game.  I guess I'll report back when I give it another go.  :blink:

Charlie Chainsaw likes this

16 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

I believe you guys - I'm not trolling.  I just think I'm losing my mind because I swear I've tried everything from repeatedly hitting R2 but trying to time it to get into a loop to just holding the button down and nothing has ever worked.  I'm going to have to test this over again tonight and figure out what's going wrong if other people are getting this to work on Xbox just fine.  I'd always assumed it was a console-wide issue.  I've tried it with literally every Jason in the game.  I guess I'll report back when I give it another go.  :blink:

Try holding x too and use part 8. Not sure if it makes a difference now though because Charlie Chainsaw said he just holds r2.

Crooked Wookie likes this

4 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Try holding x too and use part 8. Not sure if it makes a difference now though because Charlie Chainsaw said he just holds r2.

Yeah. I've never pressed X. 

Just now, Charlie Chainsaw said:

Yeah. I've never pressed X. 

At least it doesnt stop it from working. Thats something. 

This is wonderful! It was really stupid that Jason could take damage while being stunned and counselors were invincible when going through windows.

Just want to make sure, Jason can still use a regular melee attack or a combat stance melee attack to break windows if you don't want to do the animation?

First thank you so much for keeping us updated with the progress as you work out the multitude of issues that have come up with the latest patch.

as far as the animation for the window breaks why not just have an option for the host to set it with or without animation. I personally enjoyed the game better prior to this past patch. The small maps are indeed great but the overall gameplay as jason and counselors has definitely gone down.

I play with a tight group of adults mostly in private match and would love to have some options we can set whether it’s team killing or not / window animations.

im looking forward regardless to the next hotfix/patch as it still would be better than what we have today.

keep up the great work.

2 minutes ago, JasonOverlook said:

Just turned on my ps4 and had to download a new update, version 1.10. I guess this is the fix?

Yeah! I just did the same and was wondering what this update is for... 

11 minutes ago, j03audette said:

Yeah! I just did the same and was wondering what this update is for... 

I would be impressed if they got a fix out this fast.

Can anyone update on if it's the fixes?

6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I would be impressed if they got a fix out this fast.

Can anyone update on if it's the fixes?

Yeah! I was thinking this seems pretty damn fast for all of the information/fixes listed by Gertz in the original post of this thread.

However! After trying several times to download this update(Version 1.10). I keep getting an error message and it stops the download every time. Weird.

Just now, j03audette said:

Yeah! I was thinking this seems pretty damn fast for all of the information/fixes listed by Gertz in the original post of this thread.

However! After trying several times to download it this update. I keep getting an error message and it stops the download every time. Weird.

I was just reading about this on Reddit- seems like some can download and some can't. Kind of odd.

I got the update.

Jason window smashing is a lot faster now. Didn't have time to test other things as the host left right away as I killed him.

I don't see anything on Xbox One. I keep getting an error message when I try to start the game.

Please try again. For some reason Friday The 13th The 13th: The Game took too long to start. (0x8027025a)

Ok, the game started and loaded after a few times of trying to load it up.

I am on PS4 and it can't seem to download it. Says some error occurred on the server.

3 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

I am on PS4 and it can't seem to download it. Says some error occurred on the server.

I had he same issue. I tried to download it via the notification section.

What I did was start the game manually and it gave me a blue screen "Application Update" which downloaded and installed without any issues. 

19 hours ago, Gertz said:

Update 9/1/2017: We were able to deploy the patch for both PC and PS4, XB1 currently has no ETA yet. More when I have it.

Hey everyone

I know the last two days have been rough but we just locked down a set of fixes to address the most immediate concerns of the player base.

The build is currently in QA's hands so I have no ETA on when its going to go out. If QA finds any major issues we are going to fix those and create a new build to test. We then have to get through cert. I don't have a timeline yet for this but we did finalize the list of fixes.

• Matchmaking
    • Fixed an issue that would create a new lobby after only searching for 10 seconds.
    • Increased the ping threshold back to 300ms on PS4
  • Parties
    • Fixed an issue that would cause a crash if a party leader invited a player that was already in another lobby
  • Jason
    • Decreased the window break animation time
    • Fixed an issue where Jason could not damage counselors moving through the window
    • Fixed a number of environmental kills that were not triggering
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the door to not get hit after the first or second swing
    • Fixed an issue where the morph circles were not appearing on the morph map.
    • Fixed an issue that was leaving the map up when Jason was hit while trying to morph
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was not dropping a counselor in a choke if he was hit
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was taking damage while stunned...he shouldn't
  • Counselors
    • Fixed an issue where the Pocket Knife would not trigger
    • Fixed an issue with weapons that was not decreasing the weapons durability if they were hitting Jason but Jason was not taking damage
  • Misc
    • Fixed impact decals so they dont display the material type anymore. (Wood, Metal, and Rock)
    • Fixed badges disappearing when swapping languages
    • Fixed a loading screen hang on PC
  • Maps
    • Packanack
      • Fixed a hidden door
      • Fixed a tree from spawning in a cabin
    • Higgins Haven
      • Fixed an issue where Jason would become locked out from performing interaction when attempting to use a Window interaction
      • Fixed an issue where the phone box to call the police was blocked by environmental objects

Stupid question Is the patch out?