Gertz

9/1/2017 Hot Patch - PC/PS4 Live - XB1 ETA Unknown

315 posts in this topic

Update 9/1/2017: We were able to deploy the patch for both PC and PS4, XB1 currently has no ETA yet. More when I have it.

Hey everyone

I know the last two days have been rough but we just locked down a set of fixes to address the most immediate concerns of the player base.

The build is currently in QA's hands so I have no ETA on when its going to go out. If QA finds any major issues we are going to fix those and create a new build to test. We then have to get through cert. I don't have a timeline yet for this but we did finalize the list of fixes.

• Matchmaking
    • Fixed an issue that would create a new lobby after only searching for 10 seconds.
    • Increased the ping threshold back to 300ms on PS4
  • Parties
    • Fixed an issue that would cause a crash if a party leader invited a player that was already in another lobby
  • Jason
    • Decreased the window break animation time
    • Fixed an issue where Jason could not damage counselors moving through the window
    • Fixed a number of environmental kills that were not triggering
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the door to not get hit after the first or second swing
    • Fixed an issue where the morph circles were not appearing on the morph map.
    • Fixed an issue that was leaving the map up when Jason was hit while trying to morph
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was not dropping a counselor in a choke if he was hit
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was taking damage while stunned...he shouldn't
  • Counselors
    • Fixed an issue where the Pocket Knife would not trigger
    • Fixed an issue with weapons that was not decreasing the weapons durability if they were hitting Jason but Jason was not taking damage
  • Misc
    • Fixed impact decals so they dont display the material type anymore. (Wood, Metal, and Rock)
    • Fixed badges disappearing when swapping languages
    • Fixed a loading screen hang on PC
  • Maps
    • Packanack
      • Fixed a hidden door
      • Fixed a tree from spawning in a cabin
    • Higgins Haven
      • Fixed an issue where Jason would become locked out from performing interaction when attempting to use a Window interaction
      • Fixed an issue where the phone box to call the police was blocked by environmental objects

@Gertz Aww, come on man. I love my hidden door and house tree. Rex is a sad panda.

C5tZz3sWcAAqSrG.jpg

Just kidding man. That is great news! Thanks for the update. I play on PC, so I don't really have any game-breaking stuff going on. It'll be great to be able to whack those pesky ass counselors crawling through windows again. And, when I am one of those pesky ass counselors, it'll be nice to stab Jason in his big, fat neck again. Just a few minor things. I feel for the PS4 guys and gals though. Don't listen to the haters, you guys listen, stay in touch, and listen to the issues. 👍

Still don't get what the problem was with old window animation. I just went into combat stance to break the tricky windows. Will you be able to combat stance down a door again?? Thanks for the info Gertz

Pikalicious likes this

16 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

Decreased the window break animation time

You said you were rolling it back to the way it was before, people hate that you have to go into a stupid animation to break the windows, it's boring and unsatisfying.

Yes, please roll back the way you break windows to Pre Patch method. New way is horrible. So horrible I stopped playing as Jason.

Quickplay is broken on Xbox One.

Go into a lobby. Empty. Exit to main menu. Repeat 7 times.

Got into a lobby the 7th time. Get picked as Jason. The host RAGE QUITS! WTF!

I go over to a private match in the looking for group posts.

First 3 games I join I get TEAM KILLED! I quit 3 times.

Fuck it. I'm done with this broken game until a new patch or hotfix comes out asap. 😡

I love the game. I just hate waisting 20 minutes on bullshit every game.

It takes longer to get into a match than the time I get to enjoy playing it. I hate dying at the start too.

I will not stay in specate mode for 20 minutes if I die in the first 2 minutes. I will leave the game and find another lobby.

I now have my preference set to counselor. Host always rage quits when I am Jason. Not as fun after the new patch.

I just want the game to be the best experience for everyone without all the game breaking issues.

Thank you Gertz for the info. You rock!

35 minutes ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone

I know the last two days have been rough but we just locked down a set of fixes to address the most immediate concerns of the player base.

The build is currently in QA's hands so I have no ETA on when its going to go out. If QA finds any major issues we are going to fix those and create a new build to test. We then have to get through cert. I don't have a timeline yet for this but we did finalize the list of fixes.

• Matchmaking
    • Fixed an issue that would create a new lobby after only searching for 10 seconds.
  • Parties
    • Fixed an issue that would cause a crash if a party leader invited a player that was already in another lobby
  • Jason
    • Decreased the window break animation time
    • Fixed an issue where Jason could not damage counselors moving through the window
    • Fixed a number of environmental kills that were not triggering
    • Fixed an issue that was causing the door to not get hit after the first or second swing
    • Fixed an issue where the morph circles were not appearing on the morph map.
    • Fixed an issue that was leaving the map up when Jason was hit while trying to morph
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was not dropping a counselor in a choke if he was hit
    • Fixed an issue where Jason was taking damage while stunned...he shouldn't
  • Counselors
    • Fixed an issue where the Pocket Knife would not trigger
    • Fixed an issue with weapons that was not decreasing the weapons durability if they were hitting Jason but Jason was not taking damage
  • Misc
    • Fixed impact decals so they dont display the material type anymore. (Wood, Metal, and Rock)
    • Fixed badges disappearing when swapping languages
  • Maps
    • Packanack
      • Fixed a hidden door
      • Fixed a tree from spawning in a cabin
    • Higgins Haven
      • Fixed an issue where Jason would become locked out from performing interaction when attempting to use a Window interaction
      • Fixed an issue where the phone box to call the police was blocked by environmental objects

I'm still impressed with your commitment to communication, this community has been waiting for someone to engage us on issues and you're doing just that. Just knowing where things are at eases a lot of concerns. It also looks like we won't be waiting until September 28th for a patch and that would be welcome news.

I was just in a match as Jason and when I tried to grab some one out of the car, they hit me and sent me flying all over the map, thought that was fixed?

39 minutes ago, Drawxne said:

Thank you for the speedy info and for all the hard work you guys do!

You are welcome!

34 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

You said you were rolling it back to the way it was before, people hate that you have to go into a stupid animation to break the windows, it's boring and unsatisfying.

In my initial post I said we will likely roll it back and find a solution for the Jason's that were more problematic. After we got more feedback and talked about it internally we decided to fix the problems with the change instead. You can see more in my updates through the last two days on the Patch Issues thread:

34 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@Gertz Aww, come on man. I love my hidden door and house tree. Rex is a sad panda.

C5tZz3sWcAAqSrG.jpg

Just kidding man. That is great news! Thanks for the update. I play on PC, so I don't really have any game-breaking stuff going on. It'll be great to be able to whack those pesky ass counselors crawling through windows again. And, when I am one of those pesky ass counselors, it'll be nice to stab Jason in his big, fat neck again. Just a few minor things. I feel for the PS4 guys and gals though. Don't listen to the haters, you guys listen, stay in touch, and listen to the issues. 👍

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, BomBarton said:

Still don't get what the problem was with old window animation. I just went into combat stance to break the tricky windows. Will you be able to combat stance down a door again?? Thanks for the info Gertz

You are wlecome!

I posted a long description on page six here on what was going on with Windows and why we adjusted things:

18 minutes ago, i-cold said:

well, now need optimization

Working on it, those things take much longer and are more likely to have knock on issues. We didnt feel it was suitable to rush those things for a hot fix.

18 minutes ago, jasonpie said:

Yes, please roll back the way you break windows to Pre Patch method. New way is horrible. So horrible I stopped playing as Jason.

I'm sorry you feel that way. You can see a long description on page 6 here:

Give it a try once we get the hot fix out

11 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Quickplay is broken on Xbox One.

Go into a lobby. Empty. Exit to main menu. Repeat 7 times.

Got into a lobby the 7th time. Get picked as Jason. The host RAGE QUITS! WTF!

I go over to a private match in the looking for group posts.

First 3 games I join I get TEAM KILLED! I quit 3 times.

Fuck it. I'm done with this broken game until a new patch or hotfix comes out asap. 😡

I love the game. I just hate waisting 20 minutes on bullshit every game.

It takes longer to get into a match than the time I get to enjoy playing it. I hate dying at the start too.

I will not stay in specate mode for 20 minutes if I die in the first 2 minutes. I will leave the game and find another lobby.

I now have my preference set to counselor. Host always rage quits when I am Jason or ''lost connection'' to host after they die.

The lobby issue is fixed in this hotfix, we are sorry it got out there to begin with.

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm still impressed with your commitment to communication, this community has been waiting for someone to engage us on issues and you're doing just that. Just knowing where things are at eases a lot of concerns. It also looks like we won't be waiting until September 28th for a patch and that would be welcome news.

Thank you!

1 minute ago, Anonymous said:

I was just in a match as Jason and when I tried to grab some one out of the car, they hit me and sent me flying all over the map, thought that was fixed?

Were you on uneven terrain when they hit you? We know about it and have it logged, we have fixed a number of these but the car interactions seem to be a little more difficult to get resolved.

31 minutes ago, jasonpie said:

I'm pretty sure this is just a temporary solution until they can roll out a full fledge patch.

47 minutes ago, Anonymous said:

I don't know what platform you're playing on, but the only real issue I saw with the animation was that it took so long. I think if they shorten the animation, we should all be able to flow through destroying the windows to cabins like we used to. It will also be a guaranteed break, unlike before. Because, even with combat stance, you could sometimes miss the window. I think it'll be ok. Hope it works out for you too.

AirMoons likes this

Wow -- just played Packanack Small, and got the 2-seater started and rolling;  hit a rock and stalled, so restarted 2-seater, BANG! -- somehow both the passenger and I were outside the car while its smoking self rolled downhill, hit a tree and stopped.  Then there was no way to get back in, we couldn't, no option to open the door(s)!

So naturally, here comes Jason, who grabs me;  I have a pocket knife, which I am repeatedly pressing the button (1) to use;  but in like 2 seconds Jason was choking me out.  WHAT???

The insanity must stop! :angry:

16 minutes ago, Gertz said:

You are welcome!

In my initial post I said we will likely roll it back and find a solution for the Jason's that were more problematic. After we got more feedback and talked about it internally we decided to fix the problems with the change instead. You can see more in my updates through the last two days on the Patch Issues thread:

Thanks!

You are wlecome!

I posted a long description on page six here on what was going on with Windows and why we adjusted things:

Working on it, those things take much longer and are more likely to have knock on issues. We didnt feel it was suitable to rush those things for a hot fix.

I'm sorry you feel that way. You can see a long description on page 6 here:

Give it a try once we get the hot fix out

The lobby issue is fixed in this hotfix, we are sorry it got out there to begin with.

Thank you!

Were you on uneven terrain when they hit you? We know about it and have it logged, we have fixed a number of these but the car interactions seem to be a little more difficult to get resolved.

Not sure, I think it was a little hill or something, but the car was close to the road, it was on Higgins Haven Small.

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Obviuos said:

Wow -- just played Packanack Small, and got the 2-seater started and rolling;  hit a rock and stalled, so restarted 2-seater, BANG! -- somehow both the passenger and I were outside the car while its smoking self rolled downhill, hit a tree and stopped.  Then there was no way to get back in, we couldn't, no option to open the door(s)!

So naturally, here comes Jason, who grabs me;  I have a pocket knife, which I am repeatedly pressing the button (1) to use;  but in like 2 seconds Jason was choking me out.  WHAT???

The insanity must stop! :angry:

Yes we notice that everything with the car has gotten super glitchy . Last night we had drivers standing in cars while driving, had Jason freeze up trying to deal with a car, and cars that just got tripped out.

P.S. Has anyone else noticed that the TEXTURE for the inside of the cars hood is wrong? Looks like its the dash board or something mapped there.

Just now, Anonymous said:

Not sure, I think it was a little hill or something, but the car was close to the road, it was on Higgins Haven Small.

We are looking into, pretty sure it has something to do with the uneven terrain.

1 minute ago, jasonpie said:

Yes we notice that everything with the car has gotten super glitchy . Last night we had drivers standing in cars while driving, had Jason freeze up trying to deal with a car, and cars that just got tripped out.

P.S. Has anyone else noticed that the TEXTURE for the inside of the cars hood is wrong? Looks like its the dash board or something mapped there.

Thanks for the tip, Ill have art look at it...finally got an art bug for them...

1 hour ago, Gertz said:

We are looking into, pretty sure it has something to do with the uneven terrain.

Thanks for the tip, Ill have art look at it...finally got an art bug for them...

I recorded the match, let me know if you want to watch.

Still don't like having to 'wait' for consoles to be certified considering M$ and Sony take forever for certifying your own code... very annoying...

Thank you @Gertz glad to see the developers aren't sitting on their hands on this one. You know those backers that payed to QA the game would love to have a crack at any new builds you developers are putting into the wild. Perhaps your QA team could use the help. The fans love this game and we would love to see the game get to a state where we are fighting Jason more than bugs and glitches. I have faith in your development team and I am sure Gun Media can get us there without outside interference from a third party with a lot of cash. Keep up the good work and community communication. The more we hear from you the better we feel. Ignore the trolls and always remember that the true Friday the 13th fans love this game and support you one hundred percent. 

Six

Some people are liking the window animation... personally i cant stand it!! lol  I liked the way it was before where u could "free swing" windows and doors. (id only go into combat stance to break an open window or locked door)  now when u try to free swing well.... free swing is only useful when trying to multi-hit a group of counselors... if that...

Anyway you'll could add a limit to how many times the car can crash or is hit my jason before its considered destroyed?  At a later time of course

pocket knives are overpowered in my opinion, anyway it could be made where the counselor has to have the knife selected and maybe a button prompt to use it...

Cops... anyway 1 dead player could come back as a cop WITH the cop escape option available to counselors... maybe an OP cop if someone uses the perk "my dads a cop" or something like that..

Perks... are they fixed? i have a 45% grease monkey that didnt speed up $hit lolol does it work now? do perks work now?

I can't play the game at all. Since two days ago, the game freezes after the "Press XYZ to Start". It starts connecting and then freezes forever. I reported the bug, but I just hope this patch will somehow make the game playable for me.

Thank you for the information, looking forward to the patch. You guys will get the hang of it. Everyone has to learn in order to get better :).

11 hours ago, Gertz said:

Hey everyone

(.....)

• Matchmaking
  • (....)

----------------

I glad too see this bugs have been solved in this next quickly update, thanks in advance!  , but i have something that i want suggest: maybe is possible to change the ping threshold in PC/XB1 to 300ms? because a lot players are from USA and the ping with them is not +300ms (fortunately) so maybe if you can change this in PC/XB1 too we can find more lobby's/players quickly (and avoid wait more time for a match).

anyway thanks again, I very appreciated for your work!

Noticed something in the hotfix patch notes. Were you aware that the phone box in Packanack Small (Kitchen), is also blocked by environmental objects?