Amigo1342

F13 Movie Box Set

12 posts in this topic

I've been trying to find a blu ray box set of the Friday the 13th movies, but the only set appeared to have been a limited edition and is grossly overpriced now. Trying to find the individual movies at a decent price is proving be difficult as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 hours ago, Amigo1342 said:

I've been trying to find a blu ray box set of the Friday the 13th movies, but the only set appeared to have been a limited edition and is grossly overpriced now. Trying to find the individual movies at a decent price is proving be difficult as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have had a similar struggle. Ended up buying 1-4 in a DVD combo, 3 is Part 3 is 3d. Then picking up 5 and 6 in a combo on blu ray. I will get 7 and 8 sometime but everywhere I looked they were overpriced. Maybe if they re-release a whole box set I will trade in what I have now to grab the whole collection. 

Yeah I found the DVD only box set which is still available but for some reason the blu ray is not. The audio quality was remastered which would be the biggest difference for the older ones. I found this on amazon which I believe indicates they are all about to be re-released: Friday the 13th Part 2 [Blu-ray] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074GWVCWQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_h9.Pzb7HXZGHK

Edit: most of these aren't available yet. I'm also thinking that because f13 is in October this year, they might be planning something  who knows?

I didn't figure it was going to be this difficult lol. 

The only Friday the 13ths I can ever find on Blu-Ray are the uncut version of the original, and the killer cut of the remake. They have both of these at a lot of Walmarts I have been to

Yeah honestly those would be fine. Im just going to wait till october to see if they release anything.

22 minutes ago, Amigo1342 said:

Yeah honestly those would be fine. Im just going to wait till october to see if they release anything.

I'm thinking they probably will. I bought the Complete Collection tin a while back. I just looked on amazon and it's over $500 for a new set!! ? Thats insane! I don't remember what I paid, but it was a hell of a lot less than that.

1 person likes this

Yeah it was a limited edition release with every movie. Many of which it was the first time for them being released on blu ray. I think it was 150 when it first came out. Hoping for an updated one. Friday the 13th is in October this year and I believe its some sort of anniversary for the franchise.

Hopefully if they do re release the blu rays as a set it won't be in the from what I have heard woefully shoddy casing. As in the case is paper that the just kind of slid into. For that kind of money I expect at least a plastic case with individual posts to keep the discs on. But I'm a movie nut. 

39 minutes ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

Hopefully if they do re release the blu rays as a set it won't be in the from what I have heard woefully shoddy casing. As in the case is paper that the just kind of slid into. For that kind of money I expect at least a plastic case with individual posts to keep the discs on. But I'm a movie nut. 

Here is an online pic of the collection I have. Too lazy to spread everything out on my own :P Came in a tin case, with two pairs of paper 3-D glasses for part 3. I thought the packaging was OK. I am a cinephile as well.

11 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Here is an online pic of the collection I have. Too lazy to spread everything out on my own :P Came in a tin case, with two pairs of paper 3-D glasses for part 3. I thought the packaging was OK. I am a cinephile as well.

I cant see you picture :( but my main concern with the set was that the discs had to slide into paper slip covers which can scratch them. Or at least that was the main sticking point of the reviews I had read about the set was how the discs were stored.  I know probably a bit of a nitpick but is that the case?

26 minutes ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

I cant see you picture :( but my main concern with the set was that the discs had to slide into paper slip covers which can scratch them. Or at least that was the main sticking point of the reviews I had read about the set was how the discs were stored.  I know probably a bit of a nitpick but is that the case?

Actually, the sleeves for the discs aren't bad. They don't have the locking hubs that most DVD cases have. But, I have watched all of the movies multiple times, and they are in pristine condition. Plus, the 3-D glasses are cool! ;) 

Ok, I'll try again with the picute.

viernes-13-coleccion-completa-blu-ray.jp

@Rexfellis What versions are on this set - Theatrical or uncut? In the market for Blu-Ray as well...