Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tekdrudge

Destiny 2

14 posts in this topic

So while I have been waiting for the PS4 match making issues to be fixed for F13, I downloaded the Destiny 2 PC Beta. OMG! It feels like a completely different game, in a very good way. I also played the Destiny 2 PS4 Beta and felt, "Meh". It really feels like the game was designed for PC to begin with. Have any of you all tried the Destiny 2 Beta? If so, what are your thoughts?

playing now this will keep me going untill the DLC finally comes out

Meanwhile, I've been neglecting this game to finally get Assassin's Creed Syndicate beaten :P

Just the last set of four London Stories quests to do and then the Ripper DLC...

As for Destiny 2, I have heard good things. I skipped the first. I'll probably wait a little while on it (I've got way to much other videogaming to do yet even after ACS is done) for future content but I'm keeping an eye on it.

4 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Meanwhile, I've been neglecting this game to finally get Assassin's Creed Syndicate beaten :P

Just the last set of four London Stories quests to do and then the Ripper DLC...

As for Destiny 2, I have heard good things. I skipped the first. I'll probably wait a little while on it (I've got way to much other videogaming to do yet even after ACS is done) for future content but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Well that there is another game I've failed to complete. There was a point in time where anytime I bought a game I would finish it before getting another one. I have fallen way from those principals awhile ago lol. If you are waiting a couple months I would say buy it if you are waiting like a year and some change I would say wait for the edition they put out including previous expansions. Destiny 1 was a bit if a mess and I was a glutton for punishment I guess bought into every expansion because the core game is fun. Destiny 2 is leagues better than Destiny 1 but if you can wait I would go with the expansion pass deal in a year and some change for the price of $60 opposed to buying the game and the expansion 1&2 which will cost you $60 for the game and about $35 for the expansions. 

DamonD7 likes this

18 minutes ago, JPops said:

Well that there is another game I've failed to complete. There was a point in time where anytime I bought a game I would finish it before getting another one. I have fallen way from those principals awhile ago lol. If you are waiting a couple months I would say buy it if you are waiting like a year and some change I would say wait for the edition they put out including previous expansions. Destiny 1 was a bit if a mess and I was a glutton for punishment I guess bought into every expansion because the core game is fun. Destiny 2 is leagues better than Destiny 1 but if you can wait I would go with the expansion pass deal in a year and some change for the price of $60 opposed to buying the game and the expansion 1&2 which will cost you $60 for the game and about $35 for the expansions. 

I have the same problem now i used to be able to complete games before getting new ones and now they just keep piling up. Destiny 2 ive heard a lot of good things but i got too much on my plate right now to think of buying it plus i have some games on preorder already that release next month.

10 minutes ago, Davidt said:

I have the same problem now i used to be able to complete games before getting new ones and now they just keep piling up. Destiny 2 ive heard a lot of good things but i got too much on my plate right now to think of buying it plus i have some games on preorder already that release next month.

The trials and tribulations of being a gamer ;)

7 minutes ago, JPops said:

The trials and tribulations of being a gamer ;)

Makes it harder when u also got to balance life inbetween

I used to buy several games and have three or four on the go at once. That's very much changed in the past few years, due to budget and time available.
I normally do only have one or two going at a time and concentrate on them until finished.

Hence me doing AC:S now, even though it came out 2 years ago. Had the same thing with Dragon Age Inquisition, where it was about a couple years later and so I just got the Game of the Year edition (always a good bargain).

Problem is...I often still end up thinking ahead before I've even finished one. So I'm cramming to finish AC:S now and clear that slate, because the imminent release of Wolfenstein: The New Colossus in October has finally given me the push to buy and play both Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood. They're arriving this week and I'd like to be starting that by this weekend. And yet the new release of the X-Com 2 War of the Chosen content has got me watching some play of X-Com 2 and wanting to finally get round to playing that, after being a big fan of X-Com and having beaten the previous game (X-Com Enemy Unknown) a few times in the past. And got me wanting to replay a game of that as a refresher before I play X-Com 2!

And the next Assassin's Creed, Origins, is out in October. And I still need to do Resident Evil 7 having done all the other main games and most of the spin-offs (Gold edition in December). Space Hulk Deathwing may be worth some time. Star Wars Battlefront sounds a real improvement over the previous edition. Online multiplayer games in particular it feels like you have to get on early or you end up too far behind the curve.

Then I still have Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and the HD ports of the first two The Secret of Monkey Island games to beat.
Along with Overwatch and Friday the 13th. And playing Dead Rising 2 with my fiance.

I'm just making more and more work for myself here :P
Even I was just a kid with nothing but school to worry about, I couldn't cram all this in.

14 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I used to buy several games and have three or four on the go at once. That's very much changed in the past few years, due to budget and time available.
I normally do only have one or two going at a time and concentrate on them until finished.

I have a huge backlog of games myself. Currently I only allow myself to play 1 current console game, 1 retro console game, 1 PC game, and 1 multiplayer only game between all platforms. This has helped me get through some of my backlog. Also, I do not buy a new game until I have completed the last "new" game I bought. With the obvious except to multiplayer only games like F13.

DamonD7 likes this

2 hours ago, Tekdrudge said:

I have a huge backlog of games myself. Currently I only allow myself to play 1 current console game, 1 retro console game, 1 PC game, and 1 multiplayer only game between all platforms. This has helped me get through some of my backlog. Also, I do not buy a new game until I have completed the last "new" game I bought. With the obvious except to multiplayer only games like F13.

Hmm this sounds like a system i may need to go by i tend to switch games by the day on console and pc and it seems to take forever to complete games that way