Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GunMedia_Ben

Dev Diary #1

24 posts in this topic

Happy to report that we're working to get you guys more frequent updates in the form of dev diaries! Hope you enjoy the first in our series!

13 people like this

I just watched this video. Really dig the idea. How often do you think we can expect these types of updates? I found it fun to see past games some of the devs have worked on in the past. Also to see the passion they have for this game brought to life in visual form was heartening.

I liked the preview of the bathing suits, especially the fact "sex sells" seemed to be played here as only girls were shown. Haha i think previewing some of the mo caps was great as I am sure not everyone wanted to watch the 45 minute Periscope video. I am intrigued by the "New mode". I would very much like to know more about these customizable cars? Will we be able to increase engine speed or handling? Or is it strictly cosmetic and not physics based?

Being as I am a nerd, seeing some behind the scenes pics were rad to me, seeing the hardware people were using and the character models in programming stages(especially the physics of movement and muscles). 

Interesting post. Thanks for the update. Are the clothing items going to be swappable with other characters or are they going to be character specific? And to slide off topic a bit I saw an old video where each Jason could select a different weapon, is that an option that might return to the game? 

I'm not one that insists you guys do more communicating... but I love it.

Really happy for the teams at work and the success of the game. I've just imagined you guys have been super busy and were sick of giving vague answers you didn't like, yourselves. Happy to see you're all getting things done and also happy I'll be able to play with more cool stuff from you guys! :D

Ok, I don't want to repeat myself in a dozen posts, but it is important to me to keep stoking the flames of communication.

This stuff is so welcome and makes me, and I am sure others feel like the process is working, what you are doing is working, and that we have a part to play in that.

This really builds community, which as  was mentioned in the video, is an important aspect of online games and this game specifically.

Thanks for really getting the communication going. Hope you can keep it up. Also, I am excited for that "new mode!"

So,like i guessed,there is going to be dance emotes...hope that BewareOfBears wont be too annoyed...

The car customization on the other hand was quite a surprise...

Cant wait to see what else will be coming for the game.

This is nice to see, curious about the game mode.

32 minutes ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

So,like i guessed,there is going to be dance emotes...hope that BewareOfBears wont be too annoyed...

The car customization on the other hand was quite a surprise...

Cant wait to see what else will be coming for the game.

Between the dancing, faster maps and ability to make clothes look ridiculous, it's obvious they're hoping to draw streamers back in with over the top stupidity as opposed to better core gameplay.

I don't care really... maybe it will breath some life into what has become a fairly stale drawer opening simulator. Will it be more fun opening drawers in a speedo? Probably not... Does it matter what I think? Nope.

1 person likes this

Great video. Fans can't complain anymore about not getting updates. This is good. Keep it up.

3 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Happy to report that we're working to get you guys more frequent updates in the form of dev diaries! Hope you enjoy the first in our series!

No information on a story mode that was suppose to be out by the end of the summer?This video is a little late imo and all free DLC is much appreciated 

2 minutes ago, KillAProduction said:

No information on a story mode that was suppose to be out by the end of the summer?This video is a little late imo and all free DLC is much appreciated 

"new mode coming soon"

4 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

"new mode coming soon"

Didn't say story mode, It seems the devs are more focus on multiplayer , Which they should be!!!! But i would love some story mode lol

1 minute ago, KillAProduction said:

Didn't say story mode, It seems the devs are more focus on multiplayer , Which they should be!!!! But i would love some story mode lol

No they didn't specify what the new mode would be, but what other modes are there? They have announced what amounts to a speed run mode. The quitters have already made a 1v5 mode. They have previously talked about story mode and offline bot mode.

I would guess it is one of those.

Love the open communication, you guys are awesome. Keep up the good work, can't wait for the new content and the future of this game. 

On 8/25/2017 at 5:36 PM, tjohnnyblue said:

Interesting post. Thanks for the update. Are the clothing items going to be swappable with other characters or are they going to be character specific? And to slide off topic a bit I saw an old video where each Jason could select a different weapon, is that an option that might return to the game? 

No they never actually showed Jason being able to change weapons. What they did show was the models that were finished with weapons they weren't going to have. It was all basically placeholders.

8 minutes ago, DEATH said:

No they never actually showed Jason being able to change weapons. What they did show was the models that were finished with weapons they weren't going to have. It was all basically placeholders.

Maybe so, but that's not how I interpreted the video. I saw sackhead using a pitchfork and 3 selectable weapons on his customization screen. 

1 hour ago, tjohnnyblue said:

Maybe so, but that's not how I interpreted the video. I saw sackhead using a pitchfork and 3 selectable weapons on his customization screen. 

Well how you interpreted the video and what was always stated don't coincide. They always said each Jason would have a unique weapon. Also I don't think you saw a weapon selection, because I watched every video and never saw that personally. Only finished models using weapons they don't get.

52 minutes ago, DEATH said:

Well how you interpreted the video and what was always stated don't coincide. They always said each Jason would have a unique weapon. Also I don't think you saw a weapon selection, because I watched every video and never saw that personally. Only finished models using weapons they don't get.

There is a topic here Why does Jason have ONE weapon choice? Page 8 post by weirdkid5 and you will see a screenshot of the reference. 

does anyone realize what one of those kills was or do i gotta remind you of the part 6 spear fling over head kill of darren

Also one of the kills seems to split the person in half. we just seen some great kills like seriously those look sick

6 hours ago, tjohnnyblue said:

There is a topic here Why does Jason have ONE weapon choice? Page 8 post by weirdkid5 and you will see a screenshot of the reference. 

that is my topic lol

18 hours ago, FlameRiderSD said:

that is my topic lol

Interesting topic, lot of cool ideas within it.

On 8/27/2017 at 3:41 PM, tjohnnyblue said:

It still doesn't matter, because the devs themselves never stated that you would be able to swap weapons. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a cool feature, but it was never an intended feature. If it was there at all it was probably only so they could test the other weapons while the models they were going to be attached to were being done. I think it would be cool and give them a way to bring the pitchfork back if they decided to allow that.

1 person likes this

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:06 PM, DEATH said:

It still doesn't matter, because the devs themselves never stated that you would be able to swap weapons. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a cool feature, but it was never an intended feature. If it was there at all it was probably only so they could test the other weapons while the models they were going to be attached to were being done. I think it would be cool and give them a way to bring the pitchfork back if they decided to allow that.

The way I saw it...you pick a different Jason to get a different weapon. If you could change weapons, it makes less sense to even change jasons.

9 minutes ago, jasonpie said:

The way I saw it...you pick a different Jason to get a different weapon. If you could change weapons, it makes less sense to even change jasons.

I disagree as maybe you like the look and the strengths of 1, but want to use the machete. I see the strengths and weaknesses as the reason to choose different Jasons.

1 person likes this