lHeartBreakerl

Update on the update

304 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Worth a shot, huh?  Haha.  

I say, if you win the day, they should answer! Or at least say round about whenish we will get an answer!

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

whhk4jf25rhz.png

Well, discord again. I assume he wasn't supposed to give out that info but I'm glad to hear it'll be coming just around the corner.

Unless it's not held up in cert. 

Edit: just saw the time that was posted. It does seem fishy to me.

So the update could be released tomorrow?

It's nice to see that the update is more or less close to be released, the only thing i hope is that the player base on steam raise again, because 1700 player is not a good number for a game focused on multiplayer. By the way, thanks for gave us some light about the state of the update guys ;)

17 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

So the update could be released tomorrow?

Could be, could not be, take a look at my post earlier in the thread.

3 minutes ago, Shaild said:

It's nice to see that the update is more or less close to be released, the only thing i hope is that the player base on steam raise again, because 1700 player is not a good number for a game focused on multiplayer. By the way, thanks for gave us some light about the state of the update guys ;)

You are welcome

2 hours ago, Gertz said:

Since people are quoting me in here from Discord I figured I would drop in and say hi and follow up.

So...hi everyone!

The certification process can be fickle; sometimes you get through quickly with no issues and sometimes you get kicked because there are issues that you didn't see while the build was in test in the office. Sometimes it takes a few working days and sometimes it can take more. It's just unpredictable.

I probably shouldn't have dropped the specific dates we felt we would be through internally in Discord as anything could happen. I should have left it as my normal "Soon(TM)" response.

Obviously, it wasn't ready today and who knows what will happen tomorrow. Don't be angry at me or anyone else if nothing happens tomorrow, it was a guess on my part.

I know it can rough waiting, trust me, we are doing everything we can to get something out as quick as possible.

I think players will be happy.

- Gertz

Awesome!!  Thanks for your response!  Hopefully it passes cert soon!  Any info you can drop on what kicked it back from cert or what they keep finding?

12 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Awesome!!  Thanks for your response!  Hopefully it passes cert soon!  Any info you can drop on what kicked it back from cert or what they keep finding?

You are welcome.

Nothing has kicked it yet.

- Gertz

Corkenstein likes this

1 hour ago, Gertz said:

tobiaspreview.jpg

Looks like you prematurely shot your wad on what was supposed to be a dry run.  Now you have something of a mess on your hands.

But seriously, you guys made a kick-ass game and I for one am forever grateful for having this game.  This is something I've dreamed of since I was a kid growing up watching the movie series and playing video games.

4 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Hey guys, 

So we do have internal projections but we'd rather be 100% certain when giving out dates, rather than give you guys speculation. It's better to be 100% rather than to give you guys a promise and miss a date. 

In essence; we are working as quickly and as hard as we can. This patch brings all versions to parity and gives us a more substantial platform to update for future content. We want to get updates going out at the same time, on a schedule that is sustainable and works for everyone. We're working to reduce the instances of patches going to Steam/PS4 before Xbox One and vice versa. 

That being said; we have a target. Is that target set? No. However, it is our hope. 

Thank you for the clarity @GunMedia_Ben

If the patch does come out tomorrow (I'm hoping it does) I wonder of the Bikini DLC will be coming with it. 

20 hours ago, Gertz said:

You are welcome.

Nothing has kicked it yet.

- Gertz

Awesome!  Such an awesome feeling to get that email when it passes cert!  

Random question, With the Xbox One X releasing their list on Enhanced Game titles, are you guys planning on possibly being apart of that in the near future.  While the Xbox One X will upscale naturally, is their any plans for 4k resolution and HDR textures?  I know there are plenty of more things to worry about right now but just seeing if it has discussed.  I can't wait to see what F13 looks like on my Project Scorpio Edition!

On 8/25/2017 at 4:13 PM, Corkenstein said:

Random question, With the Xbox One X releasing their list on Enhanced Game titles, are you guys planning on possibly being apart of that in the near future.  While the Xbox One X will upscale naturally, is their any plans for 4k resolution and HDR textures?  I know there are plenty of more things to worry about right now but just seeing if it has discussed.  I can't wait to see what F13 looks like on my Project Scorpio Edition!

Damn you for asking such an awesome question this soon into the game life. Though I'm glad you did. @Gertz any comment on this buddy? I would love this game to be viable and looking better than ever on the next gen platform.

Corkenstein likes this

@GunMedia_Ben @Gertz So I know you guys don't want to say a set date of release for the update until you're sure. I get that.

But do you think you guys could clarify exactly what the patch "does" and "doesn't" contain?

There's been mixed confusion on exactly what all the patch contains. We know we're getting bug fixes and the removal of team killing. But what about the smaller maps, and emotes? Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

@GunMedia_Ben @Gertz So I know you guys don't want to say a set date of release for the update until you're sure. I get that.

But do you think you guys could clarify exactly what the patch "does" and "doesn't" contain?

There's been mixed confusion on exactly what all the patch contains. We know we're getting bug fixes and the removal of team killing. But what about the smaller maps, and emotes? Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

yes , now i'm confused too xD well i guess it contain the bug fixes , emotes and smaller map , and the new customisation menu , and the dlc out at the same time ? what it doesn't contain is the new map and other thing ? i really dunno actually let's hope we'll get an answer or we will know when it's out :)

8 hours ago, ikarikh said:

Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, ♣Blond♣ said:

yes , now i'm confused too xD well i guess it contain the bug fixes , emotes and smaller map , and the new customisation menu , and the dlc out at the same time ? what it doesn't contain is the new map and other thing ? i really dunno actually let's hope we'll get an answer or we will know when it's out :)

If you go to their website which I will link they have the patch notes

http://www.f13game.com/patch-notes/next-patch/

On 26/08/2017 at 0:13 AM, Corkenstein said:

Good question. Ive ordered 2. One's going on ebay just before xmas.

5 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

If you go to their website which I will link they have the patch notes

http://www.f13game.com/patch-notes/next-patch/

Yes i read those. My confusion comes from them announcing Emotes on twitter before this website and saying it would be included in the next patch with new smaller maps and no team killing.

But Emotes aren't listed in the patch notes. Thus confusion.

Screenshot_20170827-100438.png

16 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Damn you for asking such an awesome question this soon into the game life. Though I'm glad you did. @Gertz any comment on this buddy? I would love this game to be viable and looking better than ever on the next gen platform.

4 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Good question. Ive ordered 2. One's going on ebay just before xmas.

Alkavian likes this

On 8/27/2017 at 9:01 AM, ikarikh said:

Yes i read those. My confusion comes from them announcing Emotes on twitter before this website and saying it would be included in the next patch with new smaller maps and no team killing.

They added the smallers maps to the patch notes but they said it's coming in the patch, they might have just forgotten to add them to the patch notes. 

On 8/27/2017 at 10:01 AM, ikarikh said:

Don't forget to charge your battery. Smiley face emoticon.

Our fellow community on reddit is getting very impatient. Seems most of them were dead set on the 28th being the release for the update. The comment section is, more or less, hard to read.

SnakeSound222 and Corkenstein like this

26 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Our fellow community on reddit is getting very impatient. Seems most of them were dead set on the 28th being the release for the update. The comment section is, more or less, hard to read.

I was just on there reading that thread.  The Reddit community is always impatient and whiny.  

Not sure why they are getting so angry tho.  If it doesn't come out the 28th they only have themselves to blame for creating that date and expecting it to release today.  No one has officially said today was the day.  Granted the last patches have released on the 28th so it's a good bet today would be the day but they can't get upset if they lose that bet. 

lHeartBreakerl and Shaild like this